RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Do Dealers get off lightly?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ just good LPR service.......or I paid way over the odds and they felt sorry for me Laughing
They were the best deal from 3 dealers, so hopefully the former Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #332634 Wed Feb 15 2012 8:35pm

Spain 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green

I have lived in Spain for the past 24yrs, you don't get a test drive here, if you are lucky you might see one if there is one around to sit in, not good at all.

Post #335794 Thu Mar 08 2012 7:23pm
beefbops

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I think the main dealer (parks) in ayr are an absolute disgrace and I won't be back through there door. When I was looking for a RRS I went in dressed in jeans, trainers and a hoodie..... Talk about tarring a brush ! No one would speak to me, I had to go over to the desk and ask if a salesman would help me, when he did come I got some tart in a suit who looked me up an down and he decided that I couldn't afford, I went out there raging, bear in mind I don't dress like I can afford, but hey I wouldn't have been there if I couldn't ! There car salesmen....end of ! Albeit high end cars, but get of your high horses and talk to people that come throu your doors, you never know might be a bit more commission at the end of the month, too late for me thou !!! 2006 TDV6 HSE,
Bonatti Grey,
20" Stormers,
Side Steps,
Limo Tint Windows,
Supercharger Grill & Vents,
Tail Pipe Covers.

"Keep The Faith"

Post #335801 Thu Mar 08 2012 8:37pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I've been in to main dealers (a local VW one comes to mind instantly) dressed smartly and struggled to get anyone to talk to me.

I used to know a chap who had a similar experience to you in a BMW dealership. He went back in his new 7 series (sourced elsewhere, of course) a little while later and discussed the dealership staff's attitude with the principal. One can imagine the next sales team meeting there! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #335811 Thu Mar 08 2012 9:22pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I think the whole "way you dress" angle is a pure myth these days and only exists psychologically in some brains.

It is very difficult to tell who does and who doesn't have money these days, typically the ones that do, don't dress to impress and the ones who don't, do! So if anything, they should have given you a Cameron hug in your hoodie and possibly got the receptionist to offer you relaxation Whistle

Of course all of this is irrelevant, the smart monkeys these days, money or not, use finance houses and screw them to the floor on rates. Why outlay when you can store with a decent % offshore Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #335827 Thu Mar 08 2012 10:36pm
beefbops

Im sorry will Censored , but not in my world or the way i was brought up.... Im working class mate, work hard for my money and no one has ever given me nothing. I earn over 100k a year and financially pretty sound considering the way this country rips the working class man rite off ! Dont get me wrong i have to stay out the country more than im in it or i get fecked by hmrc, but thats my problem, as for me or anyone else going into a dealership in a hoodie, jeans or whatever you feel comfortable in, bare in mind we dont all wear suits on a daily basis and getting looked down is outrageous ! My brother in law was in the same dealership 3 months ago in work boots, dirty jeans and t-shirt, his 2011 works van, a transit ST was parked outside, the guys a millionare and got looked at and spoken to as if he was nothing, needles to say he went a dealership in glasgow and got a great deal with people who spoke to him and not at him, needless to say he walked out with a new disco and rrs. So unless youve had recent dealings with these so called salemen in this dealership...... Dont comment ! 2006 TDV6 HSE,
Bonatti Grey,
20" Stormers,
Side Steps,
Limo Tint Windows,
Tail Pipe Covers.

"Keep The Faith"

Post #335831 Thu Mar 08 2012 11:03pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Calm down Beefy Censored !

Firstly congratulations on your salary and financial well-being, good to hear people are still doing well in this hell-hole meltdown courtesy of the bankers. Mr. Green

Suggest you re-read my comments, I was actually siding with you albeit with a political observational spin....obviously lost Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

On your final point, this is a forum. The idea is that information flows both ways and posters should be expectant of comments, satire or whatever other FREE use of words they so wish to use.....as long as they are within the T's and C's of the forum house rules that is. To flip it around, if you don't want / like comments, don't post! Ner Ner L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #335833 Thu Mar 08 2012 11:27pm
beefbops

Wonka not really interested in having an ongoing converstion with you, but you are right this is a forum, where poeple from all walks of life are able to have their say. The topic was something to do with dealerships, and i have said about my dealings and others with our local dealers, now i can only imagine that yours is so much better as you aint said nothing about there service, only to comment on me...... Bit weird that you can comment on me as we have never met or mibee ive took to much drugs that i dont remember it, or mibee just meeting you was not very memorable, probably the latter........ So have you actually anything interesting to say about an encounter youve had with your local dealer, mmmmmmm me thinks not ! Yawn 2006 TDV6 HSE,
Bonatti Grey,
20" Stormers,
Side Steps,
Limo Tint Windows,
Tail Pipe Covers.

"Keep The Faith"

Post #335834 Thu Mar 08 2012 11:40pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I'm not sure I actually commented on you at all, merely made an observation of your situation and others experiences on other prior posts.......the hoodie reference does require some headline savvy but I guess you could have missed it.

If I was being non-agreeable {with you} Bopsicle I would have simply said "dressed like a scruff, what do you expect - go buy a Lada"

All obviously lost and perhaps purposelessly taken out of context - perhaps you are a troll of the forum (with 38 posts) who enjoys riling, who knows / really cares!

Enjoy the forum, lighten up and drop the personal insinuations, it won't get you very far, trust me. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #335842 Fri Mar 09 2012 12:21am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ooh, where are my marshmallows? Haven't seen a good old-fashioned flame war for ages! Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #335851 Fri Mar 09 2012 1:15am
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

only £100k?

+1 James LPR ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #336451 Tue Mar 13 2012 11:20pm
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

In the last 6 years I've used Lexus, BMW, Audi & LR. All have been excellent with the exception of BMW.

With the other 3, great sales experiences with long relaxing test drives. No pressure to sign anything and plenty of time to look around without being hounded with a sales pitch.
Once a deal was done, very swiftly executed with the minimum of fuss. All the dealerships I have used have had to deal with number plate transfers (and fee's) and have made this very easy indeed.
Hand-over/delivery was great too (although cant comment on LR just yet as that's due to happen in a week!)

BMW on the other hand.....not so good. Sales team couldn't be bothered to get up from their seats when I'd gone in to see an X6.
When my 5 series would go in for service or warranty work, they wouldn't give me anything bigger than a mini because of my age.
During one service, a sales guy walked past and mentioned how tidy the car was looking and if I had thought about trading it in for the new F10. Walked over to their demo vehicle and had a few minutes to look around. The sales guy wandered off as he had a call. 30 minutes later after he had not returned, I asked at reception for him only to be told he had gone home for the day!

Would recommend Lexus Leicester & York Audi to anyone. So far LR Bury have been great too. LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #337714 Sat Mar 24 2012 11:34pm
WillP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

To be fair to Lookers, I've just bought my RRS from the Colchester branch and both Kim and Alex have been top drawer. Superb service, test drives etc, on both visits they've even given my 2 boys Easter Eggs, in fact with all the drinks and biscuits my youngest even asked if we could go back for lunch!

That all said, I haven't actually picked the car up yet, due to on Saturday, so maybe hold out final thoughts until then. MY2011 TDV6 HSE Privacy Glass, Sunroof, TV, sidesteps, Hawke stainless tips - Now gone
MY2015 Jaguar XE R Sport, Black Pack - Company Car
2014 BMW M5 F10 4.4 V8 Twin turbo

Post #421887 Mon Apr 21 2014 9:42pm
hunter

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

I never get dressed up to go into a dealers, and yes some DO look at you like you shouldnt be there. But they seem to be the exception rather than the rule. My ex was looking to buy an R8 but the sales guy insisted in talking and directing questions to me...was a bit embarrasing. BMW have always tried to get me in to a test drive there and then wether i wanted one or not, but by far the best customer service i have had is from porsche..."car in for a service..yes sir, here is your courtesy car" (always a newer more expensive model), and if i havent wanted a courtesy car they have alway phoned and paid for taxis. Drinks brought to me and faultless well executed service and cleaning..always well documented and kept up to date via phone calls.....When i bought my Z4 from BMW i was quite disapointed with the hand over....was just a question of sign the forms, and slide open the doors, while telling me where the local petrol station was. On the whole though...i havent had any terrible service issues. Gone but not forgotten, 2005 RRS SC first edition, BMW 2010 Z4,TVR Tamora, TVR Cerb, MERC SL 55 AMG, E46 M3, Z4, Jag S type R, Skyline R33 GTR 640 bhp, Evo FQ 400, L322 RR, X5, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, Lotus Elise 135r, Nissan Murano, Honda S2000, 911, Boxster s...and a few more

Last edited by hunter on Tue Apr 22 2014 3:03pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #421901 Tue Apr 22 2014 6:42am
JimR

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

When I bought mine in December last year (used vehicle) I did get a follow up call and I am pretty certain I remember completing a LR customer satisfaction survey afterwards that asked about after-sales contact.
I was negotiating with two dealers simultaneously and I did get follow up calls and e-mails from the other dealer regarding other services they could offer even after I had told them I was buying from the other dealer.
All in all, I was fairly chuffed with the service I received and have been all along - this is the 5th JLR car I have owned. ---------------------------
MY13 HSE Black Edition
----------------------------
Santorini Black with Black Interior
---------------------------------------
It's Very Black

Post #421940 Tue Apr 22 2014 2:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12