RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Greetings from Spain! Soon to be TDV8 owner?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DUR

Spain 
Greetings from Spain! Soon to be TDV8 owner?

Hi all:

I’ll use this thread as presentation as well. I'm form Madrid, Spain, and I currently own an absolutely marvelous 2008 Cayenne Turbo.

However, I’m looking forward to buying a track car and therefore might be interested in optimizing my finances so that a slight cost reduction in the family car side may allow me to look for a better track machine.

I've recently been given the chance to swap my Cayenne for a 2007 RR Sport TDV8, one owner, full equipment, fuji white on black interior and 70.000 km on the clock (my Cayenne has 65.000 km).

I’m really interested in gathering all the possible info on the RR (I'll meet the owner and test the RR in a couple of weeks). Would you go ahead with the swap? Have there been any important issues with the TDV8 engine? Is it reliable? Any other issues (electrical, etc.) with the car I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Best to all.

Post #327422 Mon Jan 09 2012 12:50pm
SRE

Spain 

You WILL love the Sport Thumbs Up

Why wait a couple of weeks for a test drive, just pop along to your local land Rover dealer and have a test drive of a used 2.7 or 3.6, better still both. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #327431 Mon Jan 09 2012 2:14pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

the TDV8 has been shown in various scientific studies to be the best engine made, ever.

Thumbs Up ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #327449 Mon Jan 09 2012 4:17pm
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

SRE wrote:

Why wait a couple of weeks for a test drive, just pop along to your local land Rover dealer and have a test drive of a used 2.7 or 3.6, better still both.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Test drive in Spain!!! Laughing Neutral

I have seen most of the (Land Rover) dealer ships between Marbella en Barcelona!

First of all, the car dealers are, like all shops, always closed in the middle of the day. Rolling Eyes
In the showroom, where no more than 3 cars are displayed Question , the sales men are not even taking the time to talk to you. Sheep
When looking at the displayed cars, don´t even think about opening for example the trunk, because they will jump. Evil or Very Mad
At the end, you give them a search assignment for a Blue 2.7 (cash waiting) and they never call back. Sheep

You need to sign a letter of intention stating that you will buy if ok, and make an appointment minimum 2 days before, and than even the car will not be prepaired. Censored
After waiting half an hour (not even coffee) , the keys are finaly found and on top of all of this , the rep joins you on the test drive. Rolling Eyes

During the test drive, the salesman will tell you all kind of things that are just not correct! From the engine specs , wheel size upto the options. Rolling Eyes
Then after already 5 minutes, he will start to redirect you back to the dealer ship. Arrow

What an absolute joke! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Never again! SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #327497 Mon Jan 09 2012 9:52pm
SRE

Spain 

SkyWalker wrote:
SRE wrote:

Why wait a couple of weeks for a test drive, just pop along to your local land Rover dealer and have a test drive of a used 2.7 or 3.6, better still both.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Test drive in Spain!!! Laughing Neutral

I have seen most of the (Land Rover) dealer ships between Marbella en Barcelona!

First of all, the car dealers are, like all shops, always closed in the middle of the day. Rolling Eyes
In the showroom, where no more than 3 cars are displayed Question , the sales men are not even taking the time to talk to you. Sheep
When looking at the displayed cars, don´t even think about opening for example the trunk, because they will jump. Evil or Very Mad
At the end, you give them a search assignment for a Blue 2.7 (cash waiting) and they never call back. Sheep

You need to sign a letter of intention stating that you will buy if ok, and make an appointment minimum 2 days before, and than even the car will not be prepaired. Censored
After waiting half an hour (not even coffee) , the keys are finaly found and on top of all of this , the rep joins you on the test drive. Rolling Eyes

During the test drive, the salesman will tell you all kind of things that are just not correct! From the engine specs , wheel size upto the options. Rolling Eyes
Then after already 5 minutes, he will start to redirect you back to the dealer ship. Arrow

What an absolute joke! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Never again!

You could always try
http://www.ilicar4x4.es/ingles/index.htm In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #327536 Tue Jan 10 2012 10:03am
sherlock

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Have just bought my first RRS TDV8 on an 08 plate and wow what a fantastic car. Getting it re mapped tomorrow as well Smile

Post #327537 Tue Jan 10 2012 10:16am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

rrsboy wrote:
the TDV8 has been shown in various scientific studies to be the best engine made, ever.

Thumbs Up

Coming from what he has that's a big ask...might not like the Cayenne overall but the engine in turbo mode will take some beating.

Post #327550 Tue Jan 10 2012 11:05am
sherlock

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Do you think if we ad a few off the forum they would fifer a discount? I ave just had my TDV8 remapped and provided hey could do one rather Han just V6, I wild be very interested.

Post #328326 Mon Jan 16 2012 9:30pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Supacat wrote:
rrsboy wrote:

Thumbs Up

Coming from what he has that's a big ask...might not like the Cayenne overall but the engine in turbo mode will take some beating.

I remember Porsche Reading giving me a few cars to try, one being the Turbo. At the time I had the 4.2 SC.......looking at the figures, it thrashed the RRS but in reality, it didn't feel that much quicker and was certainly lacklustre on the driving side IMO. Says something for the design of these Midlands based monsters, they may not be the quickest (lest us not forget it is a proper 4x4) but by jiminy, it is the best to drive Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #328355 Mon Jan 16 2012 11:48pm
bootz

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Post #328365 Tue Jan 17 2012 12:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1