RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Starting to get a bit twitchy, and my alarm bell is ringing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

p-trax

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Starting to get a bit twitchy, and my alarm bell is ringing!

Visited my dealer yesterday (they wanted to try to sell me a finance package, the salesman was deliberately vague and missleading!), whilst there I raised a concern that as my car is due for delivery on the 18th (for a collection on the 20th) I would expect at least a chassis number by now!

The saleman assures me that all is on track, and it's common to get teh chassis number just before delivery.

This sounds like Censored to me, as they can register and get a plate with out this, and I can't insure it.

ANyone else experienced simillar, or am I correct in assuming that I will not be driving my RRS this weekend?

Post #32700 Tue May 16 2006 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Hi p-trax.

If your dealer is expecting delivery of your vehicle on the 18th, it will have already been built and shipped out of Solihull. It will more than likely be sitting in the compound down at Gaydon, awaiting transport to the dealership.

I don't understand why your dealer is being so secretive. As soon as your vehicle was dropped onto the production line it will have been issued a Vin number and your dealer should have access to this on the L/R computer systems. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #32702 Tue May 16 2006 12:14pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Don't like the way you say "dropped on the production line" TB Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #32703 Tue May 16 2006 12:18pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Hence the rattles etc. when you fit 20" wheels!

This could well be a case of 'Lazy Dealer Syndrome'

Push him for the info.

If that doesn't work, PUSH HIM!
Mad
Failing that, speak direct to Dealer Principle. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #32705 Tue May 16 2006 12:44pm
p-trax

Thanks for the input guys.
I think you might be right SuperT, lazy goodfornothings the lot of 'em.

The "salesman" (read order taker) is not available, the sales manager is not available, and the administrator (who interacts with the LR database) is on a first aid course!!

No wonder Ford is suffering so badly if customer service ranks so low on their priorities.

*sobs* I JUST WANT MY NEW TOY! Laughing

Post #32712 Tue May 16 2006 1:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Are you using a cherished plate or ordinary number?
Either way if they have not given you the info for your insurance it is cutting it very fine.
If it is a cherished transfer you have no chance as mine recently took 6 working days at the Nottingham office 5 apparently being the norm.

Good luck, hope all is OK, if not then name and shame the dealer Wink

Post #32720 Tue May 16 2006 2:17pm
p-trax

Cliff, Just a regular plate.
WRT insurance, I still have a policy running from my previous car, which I can switch over to the RRS. This can be done same day by my broker..................hopefully Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #32744 Tue May 16 2006 3:11pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

But you still need a cover note or policy doc that can be used to tax your RRS, unless you have a policy which does not have a reg number on it (so you are covered for anything) you will need one with the new reg on it and they don't accept emails (unless it is LR insurance) or faxes.

Post #32753 Tue May 16 2006 3:52pm
p-trax

Yep , keeping my fingers crossed. Thursday is my realistic cut off for getting the car insured.

As for LR insurance, they quoted £500 more than Adrian Flux, and flatly refused to insure my partner as she works in the music industry!!!! (could be a blessing in disguise though right?) Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #32759 Tue May 16 2006 3:58pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

The dealer should be able to give you a reg number to get that under way before Thursday.

Post #32762 Tue May 16 2006 4:03pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

p-trax wrote:
... and flatly refused to insure my partner as she works in the music industry!!!! (could be a blessing in disguise though right?)

At least you can do what you want to mod your RRS.

Thos of us with 'Joint ownership' have to get permission......most of the time (Sneaky set of Tasmods slipped in there! Laughing ) Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #32766 Tue May 16 2006 4:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I don't know if this still happens but every new Land Rover used to come with 14 days complimentary cover from Land Rover Insurance, so you had time to shop around. This was certainly the case at the beginning of this year, but don't know if it is still the case. The system has been running for at least 5 years. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #32813 Tue May 16 2006 5:45pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim, Ford did the same thing when we got the lurgy....I mean Streetka 3 years ago.

I think its was 7 or 10 days through Ford Cover. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #32820 Tue May 16 2006 7:40pm
p-trax

Is this one of your wind ups Question Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #32825 Tue May 16 2006 8:39pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

p-trax wrote:
Is this one of your wind ups Question

Surprisingly..........no!

I don't know about LR but Ford definitely did for us 3 yrs ago.

I seem to remember that it was something like if you rang up for a quote, irrespective of whether you went with them or not you'd get the cover. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #32826 Tue May 16 2006 8:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>