RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Sat nav or NOT ??????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Hopefully this will help Thumbs Up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16434183

I use my Garmin when I remember to take it out of my FL1 - much better then RRS system and don't get me started on the Jaguar system - once tried to take my x-type down a green lane in winter Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #327096 Fri Jan 06 2012 10:08am
articworrior

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
Enough is Enough

Update on progress NON. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I have rotated the disc's and done a re-cal. The system has responded correctly and i am thinking "fixed" then off it goes on its own merry way. Re-cal other end and sometimes just will not accept the re cal and carrys on having a look at cornwall sometimes works only to wander later during trip home.
So, has anybody removed the in dash screen and replaced with aftermarket Kit.
Has anybody removed the Audio/Radio system and replaced with an aftermarket kit keeping the "Off road" option available in dash???

Post #327670 Wed Jan 11 2012 10:45am
articworrior

Update and request?

Just been out and checked the system and the GPS is crossed out.
I have removed and replaced in all orders possible the 3 conections on the back of the box and no change.
It looks like it is an antenna issue. Done the Secret code thing and system showing no GPS signals being recieved.
How easy is it to access the antenna from the inside?
Is it worth (financial) getting the dealer to have a look

Strange thing on way to work this morning. Again GPS off sign but the system worked out the roads for me to follow to get to work, it then followed the car and also recalculated a new route for me and it got me to work and parking exactly correct but still no GPS showing. The only thing it would not do is calculate the arrival time, it will do the time to get to the destination. Indicating no GPS time signal.
From this it still looks like the no GPS imput is correct and the system is only working off internal signals.

Post #327808 Thu Jan 12 2012 9:58am
Johnnyopolis

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

How do you get tmc to work, mine is always striked out Sad

Post #327914 Fri Jan 13 2012 12:16am
mlines

United Kingdom 

The only radio station that transmits TMC data is "Classic FM".

You have to go into the TMC menu from the Sat Nav (NOT the Radio) and tune it to Classic FM.

Every now and again it will wander off and need re-tuning, I suspect that it sometimes thinks it has seen a TMC signal on another station. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #327921 Fri Jan 13 2012 8:03am
Johnnyopolis

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

mlines wrote:
The only radio station that transmits TMC data is "Classic FM".

You have to go into the TMC menu from the Sat Nav (NOT the Radio) and tune it to Classic FM.

Every now and again it will wander off and need re-tuning, I suspect that it sometimes thinks it has seen a TMC signal on another station.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried hitting the retune a few times and it stops at 100.3 (which is classic) but the TMC is still striked out Sad Its odd. It looks like its auto tune and not manual.

Post #327926 Fri Jan 13 2012 8:38am
Stuart's the man

for all it is not as good as tomtom, it still works, and you would not buy one without it anyway. i got mine just for the splash screen

Post #329899 Sat Jan 28 2012 12:34pm
articworrior

Update

Had enough of a screen that told me where i wasn't Sad . So checked my warranty with Warranty Direct and i am covered for "in car" entertainment and SAT NAV!!. Called to confirm, all ok.
Booked appointment with local dealer "Carrs Truro" and delivered RRS for a fault investigation and repair.
Carrs service dept called to inform me that the reciever was U/S (rocket science).
They contacted W/D after telling me the bill would be £300 and the outcome was that the bill was to be paid by me. W/D would refund me with £225 minus my exess of £50 so £175 would be coming my way. They would not be liable for the investigation time taken to find/confirm the fault. All this is in the W/D paperwork so i was/am happy with the outcome. Sat nav fixed, cheque in bank.
Warranty direct were efficient and did what i have paid them to do. Yes i could have purchased a Tom Tom for less but i would have a RRS with a obvious fault. Do warranty's work, in my case so far yes, i have not recovered my initial outlay but it is in place for the Big bill, its an insurance and we all hope they are never required....... but!.
Final chuck up for Carrs Truro, very helpfull and flexible on the servicing hourly charge. Very Happy

Post #333095 Mon Feb 20 2012 11:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12