Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Supaguard and Guaranteed Asset Protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

supadipps

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Supaguard and Guaranteed Asset Protection

Hi all,

Its looking likely that ill pick my new MY12 RRS HSE (Details/pic to follow) up next week, went to see it on Friday, didn't want to leave lol.

Iv got to the stage of the sale where the dealer is pushing for his commission items I guess.
Firstly has anyone have any experience with Supaguard? The dealer has highly recommended it as I have a 'black' car. The treatment normally costs £495 but he's offering at £295.

Consisting of...
1. Paint Sealant
2. Interior Guard
3. Leather Care
4. Vinyl Guard
5. Supawheels
6. Birdlime Neutraliser
7. Aftercare Pack in a nice bag lol

Also given a certificate which will give £200 extra on value if I sell back to them in a year (Which I plan to do).

Secondly has anyone got any experience with GAP - Guaranteed Asset Protection, in the unfortunate case your car is stolen/written off this will pay for the gap in what it costs and what the insurers give you?

Both the Supaguard and Guaranteed Asset Protection for £498
Or Supaguard for £295

My other option is to protect the car myself, A BIG THANKS to ANDMAN for the advice on this...
Id go with Wolfs Nano Wrap and the Chemical guys wheel guard? A lot cheaper but id have to instruct my bro in law to apply all this, and hes not to confident on using IPA etc on my £60k motor! Im not either lol. Oh it would be difficult to do myself because im in a wheelchair. The final option would be to get a mobile car cleaner which I know to do the work?

Sorry for the long ass post but any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post #325513 Sun Dec 18 2011 6:34pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I think Supaguard is not worth it ... search online and look at the price you can buy the basic product for .

I got a local Valeting firm to complete a post purchase protection on the car and they come round every couple of months to wash and maintain it . Any good detailing company should be able to do this kind of work for you and the results wll be much better than supaguard - which is not a bad product but is often applied without good preparation of the paintwork first.

Here is Mine Post Purchase ........

http://www.frmobilevaleting.com/featured/r...t-p67.html

using werkstat products which can be purchase from polishedbliss amongst others 2011 MY- RRS HSE - Zermatt -Ebony-Piano .... its a monochrome world

2006- BMW Z4M Roadster -Titanium Silver

Club - Ex Defender & Disco 3

Post #325521 Sun Dec 18 2011 6:55pm
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Zermatt Vulgaris wrote:
I think Supaguard is not worth it ... search online and look at the price you can buy the basic product for .

I got a local Valeting firm to complete a post purchase protection on the car and they come round every couple of months to wash and maintain it . Any good detailing company should be able to do this kind of work for you and the results wll be much better than supaguard - which is not a bad product but is often applied without good preparation of the paintwork first.

Here is Mine Post Purchase ........

http://www.frmobilevaleting.com/featured/r...t-p67.html

using werkstat products which can be purchase from polishedbliss amongst others

Looks awesome ZV!! Thumbs Up - I want to get mine in soon for something similar.

Washbay said not to do supergurd and they have another market version approx £250 for the sport. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #325529 Sun Dec 18 2011 7:45pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Supaguard is worth it or Lifeshine - both are good...shouldnt pay more than a few hundred though.

They really have their advantages in looking good, easy to maintain, adding some protection etc and when new personally its the best time to do it. Im not saying that a vallet by a good person every-so-often isnt going to clean it or do a good job, but as an average person and too add that extra protection and to be cheaper and less hassle finding then taking it to a good place - Supaguard or Autoglym Lifeshine start winning.

As for GAP insurance, i got it - but no way from a dealer, with cover and cost...shop around. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #325549 Sun Dec 18 2011 11:30pm
supadipps

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Arrgh, MSE you've just thrown a spanner in the works! Confused So you think Supaguard from the dealers good at £295? Its probably going to be more easier to go with it but everyone else seems to think its not so good. Also the GAP is a 3 year deal, transferable to the the next car. £498 all in, gulp!

Decisions, decisions! Big Cry

Post #325556 Sun Dec 18 2011 11:45pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

never been convinced. Understand entirely why pushed so hard by sales guys given the HUGE kickback they get. ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #325562 Mon Dec 19 2011 1:58am
sz7dhv

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Supagard and GAP

Hi guys,

I purchased my Bali RRS last year from Stratstone and for the first time ever purchased GAP. Thank god I did, Sept this year someone hit me and wrote the car off. Anyway will always get it now and just got my 2nd RRS and got GAP and Supagard from dealer for £299. I am in the trade so know the margins the dealers make.

Regards
SZ7DHV

Post #325567 Mon Dec 19 2011 8:09am
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

is it still 30% for the leather/interior/paint protections? Embarassed ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #325570 Mon Dec 19 2011 9:23am
Endjin

Scotland 

Supagaurd - I had mine done at dealers when new but to be honest I'm not convinced it's worth it. My 1st RRS was a Java Black HSE and did not get SupaGaurded and TBH I don't think having my current one (Santorini Black HSE) Supagaurded has made any difference to how easy it is to clean or given any additional protection from scratches or swirl marks from (my poor quality Embarassed ) washing.

Gap Insurance - Absolute must have! You may never need to use it BUT if you do then you will be thankful you took it out. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #325585 Mon Dec 19 2011 11:05am
Beancounter_74

England 

Supaguard or similar......the products themselves are not bad, but as has been pointed out, they can be picked up on ebay for less than £25 Shocked , now even with a couple of hours labour, thats one hell of a mark-up! Also, its all down to how it is applied, my honest opinion is don't bother.

Personally I think you're better off getting a professional detailing company to carry out the work.

Take a mosey on over to www.detailingworld.co.uk and see who's in your area and can offer the service. I would imagine you'll be a lot happier than the dealer applied option Wink

GAP Insurance - I think its worth it and I have it, but I didn't get it from LPR. Take a look at one of the sponsors on here, they offer GAP for what I think are reasonable prices Thumbs Up

Link here: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic22864.html ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #325587 Mon Dec 19 2011 11:21am
mse

United Kingdom 

I got my GAP seperately - not from the dealer and save £££.

Supaguard was £50 more than locally and for the ease and warranty - why not Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #325619 Mon Dec 19 2011 5:49pm
ronniet101

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

i had the autoglym gaurd applied and to be honest..complete waste of money, like others have said dont bother with the dealer, they cant and havent the time to clean cars properly..get a local detailer to do it if you wan the finish and then youve got someone close to do the car once a year as well

Post #325621 Mon Dec 19 2011 5:57pm
ronniet101

i had the autoglym gaurd applied and to be honest..complete waste of money, like others have said dont bother with the dealer, they cant and havent the time to clean cars properly..get a local detailer to do it if you wan the finish and then youve got someone close to do the car once a year as well

Post #325622 Mon Dec 19 2011 6:02pm
mse

United Kingdom 

ronniet101 wrote:

I would have to disagree - i had the autoglym applied to the defender (which was black) and that was by far better than the supaguard or cleaning. At same age as another car we have it shines - it was easier to clean, didnt get as dirty, was easier to buff up and maintained the beaded and sparkle long into its 3/4yrs.

The kit was useful and i did polish it properly once a month+ Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #325623 Mon Dec 19 2011 6:16pm
ronniet101

feel free to agree, but the treatment was applied over a car that wasnt prepared properly and even with correct cleaning once every 3 or so weeks you would never have known it had hundreds spent on the autoglym treatment...so in my view a waste of money

Post #325624 Mon Dec 19 2011 6:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>