RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Adaptive dynamics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand
Adaptive dynamics

How do you know if the car has the adaptive dynamics? I have 2010TDV8, which has the "sport" mode in terrain response, but I can't notice any difference between Normal, and Sport modes. There is no mention in build details I got for the car. Question SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #323797 Sat Dec 03 2011 11:36am
mse

United Kingdom 

on the 2011, if you dial in Dynamic on the terrain response, you feel the steering and suspension stiffen - i do Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #323883 Sun Dec 04 2011 2:25pm
Meccles

That's what I don't quite understand. Mine (2010) has Dynamic setting, however I can't notice any difference between this and Normal. Unless I am completely hamfisted with no feeling - which many will agree to!
Shocked So was looking to see if there is a way of checking that it is fitted. SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #323931 Sun Dec 04 2011 9:28pm
Lookers Park Royal

You also get a 'winding road' icon come up in the bottom left corner of the driver info box.

James Thumbs Up

Post #323932 Sun Dec 04 2011 9:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Meccles

James,
Yeah I get the icon. But car feels no different, and I am reasonably sensitive to changes to car.
Can this be faulty? SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #323934 Sun Dec 04 2011 10:26pm
Lookers Park Royal

There is a chance it's faulty. That said, some people find it difficult to detect a difference. Personally, I can tell if it's engaged just by the feel of the steering (as MSE said).

I find it transforms the handling; so much so that there are two sections of my commute where I specifically switch into Dynamic mode.

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on Mon Dec 05 2011 3:51am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #323935 Sun Dec 04 2011 10:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Meccles

James,
I have sent you an email, we have quite a few roads I have tried it on, with no discernible difference. As the car obviously is supposed to have it, will get it checked at next service. SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #323955 Mon Dec 05 2011 1:37am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Special program "Dynamic" in Terrain Response is dependant on vehicle specification.

When you rotate the control and select "Dynamic", does the indicator illuminate amber to indicate your selection? This special program will also be displayed on the message centre.

Unlike all the other "special programs", this program is not associated with any kind of terrain. It just helps your driving by optimising the vehicle's driveability characteristics to the fullest. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #323956 Mon Dec 05 2011 2:50am
Meccles

Bobby,
I get the message "special program selected" or something similar, and I get a winding road icon in bottom left of the message center.
Which according to James at Lookers is correct, the car should be in dynamic. But there is no discernible difference in throttle, steering, or suspension. Will get it looked at when in for a service.
Thanks SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #323960 Mon Dec 05 2011 8:48am
mse

United Kingdom 

Bobby wrote:
Special program "Dynamic" in Terrain Response is dependant on vehicle specification.

When you rotate the control and select "Dynamic", does the indicator illuminate amber to indicate your selection? This special program will also be displayed on the message centre.

Unlike all the other "special programs", this program is not associated with any kind of terrain. It just helps your driving by optimising the vehicle's driveability characteristics to the fullest.

if you didnt have it...it wouldnt be an option and if fitted and erroring it shouldnt select... but it appears to be Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #324034 Mon Dec 05 2011 6:31pm
Meccles

I am convinced that computers are "aware" and do things just for the hell of it and to show who's boss! Shocked Also very aware that most items I have brought, and returned with a problem I get the "strange you are the first person we have ever had with that particular problem, most unusual". Currently got a Sony LCD TV sitting at the repair shop, works fine at repair shop, doesn't work at home. They have videoed it not working at our home, taken it back for repair again, plugged it in and away it goes. It has done this now twice. So am very familar with unusual electrical occurrences! Confused One of too many items to list with similar issues. SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #324051 Mon Dec 05 2011 9:18pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Computers are quantum devices (electrons are quantum thingies so the devices that run on them are to. Sort of).

Quantum mechanics is all about probabilities and other wierd stuff.

There are only a handful of people in the world who even have half an idea about how quantum mechanics works.

And none of them work for Land Rover.

It's hardly a surprise that the things throw up odd errors now and then - that's probabilities for you! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #324070 Tue Dec 06 2011 12:58am
Meccles

Funny I thought all Land Rover owners were experts in Quantum Mechanics Very Happy You'd have to be to understand all the probabilties/impossibilities they throw at you Rolling with laughter SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #324079 Tue Dec 06 2011 8:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1