RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Navigation system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Spain 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
Navigation system

Anyone else have problems with the navigation system not being able to find or recognise the actual details and find where you wish to go to.
Also does not recognise the area when you are there ? Whistle

My I Phone wipes the arse off the RRS navigation system and the car was new in May 2011 and has now covered 12000 kms.

I live in Spain and ordered the car new from L/R

Post #323224 Wed Nov 30 2011 12:37pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

My sat nav is spot on. Can't find a fault with it. Works every time and even with voice control. Sorry mate. But I'm sure they will be others along to complain with you on this subject. Whistle I'm sure you have selected your country on the nav menu ? MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.
Gone MY04 Discovery V8 Petrol ES Premium. Awesome.

Last edited by sweetafton on Wed Nov 30 2011 1:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #323232 Wed Nov 30 2011 1:28pm

sweetafton wrote:
My sat nav is spot on. Can't find a fault with it. Work every time and even with voice control. Sorry mate. But I'm sure they will be others along to complain with you on this subject. Whistle I'm sure you have selected your country on the nav menu ?

Yep country set up all done and worked fine in France last May, but in Northern Spain not a hope, have looked to see if there were any upgrades, but still to new so nothing there, the best bet will probably have to be to wait until in the U.K. on holiday as Spanish L/R garages and techo are rubbish.

Post #323234 Wed Nov 30 2011 1:38pm
sweetafton

That sounds like a plan. What part of England are you on holiday in cause we have some bad dealers over here too. Might be worth checking them out before taking it too them. But good luck with it. Thumbs Up MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.

Post #323237 Wed Nov 30 2011 2:03pm

sweetafton wrote:
That sounds like a plan. What part of England are you on holiday in cause we have some bad dealers over here too. Might be worth checking them out before taking it too them. But good luck with it. Thumbs Up

Will be in the South of England,Portsmouth - New Forest/Isle of Wight

Post #323239 Wed Nov 30 2011 2:12pm
sweetafton

Ah ok. I would suggest Looker site sponsors bout an hour from Portmouths but make sure you book and talk to service man. Everyone on hear will sign there praise. Might be just a quick fix (I hope). Thumbs Up MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.

Post #323241 Wed Nov 30 2011 2:20pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

5.7 Did you buy from a uk dealer? LHD? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #323286 Wed Nov 30 2011 5:55pm

TDV8HST wrote:
5.7 Did you buy from a uk dealer? LHD?

No I bought the car new direct from one of the official Spanish L/R dealers.

One of the main problems with Spain which is handy to know even if you are just on a car driving holiday is that in Spain the post codes are not individual they apertain to an area, for instance Pontevedra in Northern Spain caould be 13430, but so will all the villages houses in the province as well.

If I can find the coordinates for a specific property it seems to work most of the time, but is well behind on telling you when to turn left, right, or what exit to take out of a roundabout/junction and comes up after you are about a 1/4 mile farther down the road.

I'll see what happens in France as I travel up through just after Xmas, then see someone in the U.K.

Always the same I have had L/R for the last 20 odd yrs and the best place for advice/help is either the U.K or Germany,preferably the U.K.

Post #324108 Tue Dec 06 2011 11:58am
jonny1280

Belgium 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Buckingham Blue

I'm having some problems to adjust to the MY 12 LR SatNav after being used to the Merc and indeed the Tom Tom - im finding it really fiddly and not very intuitive (getting old I guess). Anyone know if there's an online tutorial - i got completely lost in Strasbourg yesterday, but would have found my way out with a Tom Tom.

Post #333989 Sun Feb 26 2012 3:01pm
Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White

It would appear that the system is only appriciated by users in the UK. For the Middle East...it's THE biggest dissapointment in what is a rather expensive vehicle.
My mate has a KIA with a better system in it than the RRS....she ripps the pi$$ out of mine all of the time because of it.

I gave up trying to use the Sat Nav now and use the Garmin instead. Ra-Ro Sport Super Dooper Charged.
Ford F350 Super Duty Prototype.
Ni$$@n Patrol 4.8 Overlander.

Post #334071 Mon Feb 27 2012 10:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1