RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Fuel Burning Heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>

tauno666

Estonia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

yes FBH fitted
Software installed for satnav screen but not working that way.Just dont turn FBH heater on.
antenna and reciever instalation....i dont know yet.
I have 2010 model.New interior and facelift.CAr just first registered 2009.12

Post #452306 Thu Feb 12 2015 9:45am
sp1959

United Kingdom 

i`ve just recently bought a 2005 range rover sport hse and ive noticed that the satnav software is quite dated, so looked for the official update disc from land rover but its quite expensive, is there anywhere else i can get the update disc from where its cheaper.

Post #470937 Sat Aug 22 2015 6:01pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

tauno666 wrote:
yes FBH fitted
Software installed for satnav screen but not working that way.Just dont turn FBH heater on.
antenna and reciever instalation....i dont know yet.
I have 2010 model.New interior and facelift.CAr just first registered 2009.12

My Facelift model was first registered 30/Sept 2009,it had the FBH fitted. But the software for timed heating was not loaded. I had this installed. It will only work if the temperature is below a certain level, and if the battery is good, and fuel level is good. I then bought and fitted the antenna,and reciever and blipper .And everything worked fine. In cold weather. Thumbs Up Sadley This car is at its new owner in Hampshire
 itisme

Post #470965 Sun Aug 23 2015 8:45am
KennyR

Scotland 

Good guide Thumbs Up ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #491627 Thu Mar 24 2016 12:38am
stagfinder

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
fbh

harrygh60 wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
You can get a few 3rd party systems that will get the FBH started without starting the engine. I had one fitted that started the FBH using a phone number - fantastic as I phoned the car up 20 minutes before I was due to go out on a cold morning and the car was nice and warm with all iced up windows cleared. Well worth the investment IMO.

Hi,Very Annoyed, Have you got a contact number for the fitters that did this for you? I have tried to contact the engineers on the Webasto Site but none of them reply. Also as i bought my RRS used i dont know if it had a remote, and was kept by previous owner or lost.It must have a reciever to use a remote.

put a shout out for a guy called bodsy hes your man and can work wonders he sorted mine no problem it now works from the lr button on my key fob

Post #491704 Fri Mar 25 2016 1:46am
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Hi sp1959 you can get upto date copies that work fine for about £25 through eBay, fitted 2 a2012 and most res toy a 2016 just carn't thing what the company was called 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #491705 Fri Mar 25 2016 6:45am
KennyR

Scotland 
Re: FBH Fuel Burning Heater Remote Operation

JUCOTT01 wrote:
Hi All
I just installed the remote option on my RRS
This will work for MY10 onwards ONLY
First of all remove the rubber trim on the boot and also on the drivers side rear door to enable the interior rear quarter panel to be removed

The receiver fits in the yellow circle marked below

Look out for the plug this will go into the receiver

You will also need to remove the shroud around the rear seat belt but its dead easy this will give you good access to behind the roof lining
The antenna just plugs in to the receiver and runs up and sticks to the roof,it has double sided sticky tape on it.

it should now look like this

Once you have put it all back together you will need to pair the remotes
Unplug fuse number "2" in the engine compartment (Brown fuse 5amp) far back right hand side for 5 seconds

Within 5 seconds of plugging the fuse back in press the OFF button for 1 second
If you already have "TIMED CLIMATE" you will probably need to get the "PARK HEAT REMOTE" activated
If you have nothing at all at the moment then you can activate them both at the same time
JOB DONE Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Here is the parts i used

The remote fob i got off E-Bay for £25 (Land Rover Branded)
Bring On The Winter Chill
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

-------------------------------------------—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the remote kit from Bodsy and went to fit this morning using JUCOTT01's superb guide above but when I got the panel off it looks totally different behind there, any ideas where the unit fits here??

Post #506324 Sun Sep 25 2016 11:25am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Hi Kenny,

Your connector is in the foam you see to the right and lower of the black box. The bracket is directly to the right of the black box. The receiver just slides into that. Thumbs Up

I'll drop you my number, feel free to give me a buzz tomorrow. Thumbs Up
Ian Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #506372 Sun Sep 25 2016 7:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KennyR

Scotland 

Brilliant, thanks Ian!! ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #506384 Sun Sep 25 2016 9:13pm
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

After reading 12 pages on FBH i'm overwhelmed.
I have a 2006 RRS. i can see the burner on the right side of the engine. I have the original infotainment screen.
Is it possible to get the remote fob and antenna to enable remote heating? and i presume the CCF needs fiddling with?

cheers
S 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #509511 Mon Nov 07 2016 4:41pm
RRSCruiser

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Bodsy wrote:
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hi do you have any further info on this LE diagnosed fault. I am having the car intermittently shutting down and everyone is scratching their heads

It's a long story and it's on a couple of threads I have posted to to explain whahas happened and happening currently. I'm laid up at the minute after an operation last week and am surfing to gather ideas of what to look for or check when I'm back on my feet

Do you have any references for this TSB's or service recalls anything really

Thanks in advance

Post #516333 Mon Jan 30 2017 9:58pm
RRSCruiser

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

[quote="harrygh60"]

JCHarris wrote:
Seems I'm one of the lucky ones. Bought the remote items (receiver, antenna, fob) and installed myself. Had found two days ago that the timed climate was already active too. Was going to get Bodsy to activate the rest but tried the remote fob this morning to find the webasto Fire up and 20 mins later came out to a warm cab.

Funny thing is I asked the dealers about activating the FBH and they quoted me £804...but I bought it off them activated!! Haha.

Anyway, well happy. Real simple to install. Thanks to Bodsy .) Mine is not working at the moment, as i have a problem with the low fuel warning light and fuel gauge showing empty,even when there is a full tank of fuel.. I have found out that Landrover know about this problem,but have not made a recall. They have instructed the Main Dealers of a Modification to wireing. I have had the problem Diagnosed by Main Agent as per Landrover instructions. And i am awaiting notice as to who is to pay for the modification. I have heard that this problem can cause the computer to shut everything down, as it thinks it hasn't any fuel. Could be dangerous if in fast lane on Motorway This warning comes and goes at random,is normal for a few weeks then goes down for a while then comes back again Big Cry Big Cry

Bodsy wrote:
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hi do you have any further info on this LE diagnosed fault. I am having the car intermittently shutting down and everyone is scratching their heads

It's a long story and it's on a couple of threads I have posted to to explain whahas happened and happening currently. I'm laid up at the minute after an operation last week and am surfing to gather ideas of what to look for or check when I'm back on my feet

Do you have any references for this TSB's or service recalls anything really

Thanks in advance

Post #516334 Mon Jan 30 2017 10:00pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I've got a new SDV8 being collected on Wednesday, and, having just checked on TOPIx, it has a FBH fitted. This is a complete surprise to me, as I thought it was an expensive extra and no longer fitted as standard. Does anyone know how it operates on MY17 cars? Will it have remote facilities like discussed in this thread?

Post #519022 Sun Feb 26 2017 11:09am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

It won't have the remote fitted as standard. The timed climate can be enabled on screen. I'd need to see if the connector is there for the Remote function, but I do have a different option for GSM enabled activation of the FBH. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #519041 Sun Feb 26 2017 1:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Bodsy, I'd certainly be interested in that. As soon as I've got the car I'll get in touch.

Post #519043 Sun Feb 26 2017 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>