RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Does the Land Rover iPhone cable work with iOS5 on iPhone 4S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RogerPJ

United Kingdom 
Does the Land Rover iPhone cable work with iOS5 on iPhone 4S

Hi, could anyone tell me if the Land Rover Cable part number LR031492 works with the iPhone 4S running iOS 5? I've searched all day and can't find anything that says it does...

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Post #320835 Fri Nov 11 2011 6:10pm
V8V Man

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Re: Does the Land Rover iPhone cable work with iOS5 on iPhon

RogerPJ wrote:
Hi, could anyone tell me if the Land Rover Cable part number LR031492 works with the iPhone 4S running iOS 5? I've searched all day and can't find anything that says it does...

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Roger, I'd say yes as it uses the same interface as iPhone 4. I've upgraded my iPhone4 with IOS5 and sometimes the directory does not load. When I asked my LR dealer he suggested that there will be an upgrade to the Bluetooth S/W but did not know when.

BTW, a colleague of mine with an F10 5 Series BMW upgraded his Iphone4 to 4S and used the same cable. LR can't be different can it? MY2014 RRS Autobiography in Corris Grey, Black contrast roof and Cirrus interior, adaptive lights and side steps.

Gone - 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 Baltic Blue, Ivory/Ebony contrast stitching, Side steps, paddles, iPod/IPhone lead (works just fine with iPhone4), Adaptive lights

2011 Aston Martin V12 Vantage - Carbon Black Edition

Post #320841 Fri Nov 11 2011 6:45pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Are you having problems then Roger or is it a hypothetical question? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320843 Fri Nov 11 2011 6:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I'm still stunned that it doesn't charge the iPhone / Pod in any way shape or form. Shocked

My 2006 RRS had the LR interface and that charged.........surely its a fundamental of operation to offer power for such a hungry device as the iPhone, so why omit from the L322 ?

There seems to be some misguided individuals in the dealer world (no shock) but one said that Apple had changed the pin polarities around?! WTF. Really? Surely not. Shocked L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #320852 Fri Nov 11 2011 8:26pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Apple did change the charging spec, dropping FireWire (12V) charge support with the iPhone 3G and 2nd generation touch.

Charge adapters are available for a tenner, there is also an updated LR cable available. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320854 Fri Nov 11 2011 8:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RogerPJ

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the replies...

I'm confused now... does the latest LR cable charge the iPhone 4S? Or was the charging problem with the old cable?

Thanks for all of your help.

Roger

Post #320860 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:19pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Thanks Martin. Thumbs Up

I have just tested my iPod and that charges - hoorah. Very Happy

It is seemingly the iPhone 4, iPod touch and IPhone 4S that is the issue. Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #320861 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:26pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

WW was, for reasons known only to himself, ranting about the FFRR's ACM Wink

Both the ACM accessory (2005-2009) and the newer boingy cable integrated 2010/11 types may or may not charge the newer 5V only iPhones and iPods. Very early 2010MY (post facelift) couldn't charge the later stuff, a new cable was made available to solve this. These were supplied with new builds from some point in 2010.

For the ACM a new cable is also available.

2012MY uses a new infotainment system again and uses the original Apple USB cable and this should charge fine! Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320866 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:47pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

Looking again at the part number you gave, it's the latest cable so as long as your RRS is 2010 or 2011 model year then it is suitable and it will charge. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320867 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:50pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

This does assume that Apple haven't changed the charging spec for the 4S, I've not heard of any problems or changes though. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320869 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:52pm
RogerPJ

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
WW was, for reasons known only to himself, ranting about the FFRR's ACM Wink

Both the ACM accessory (2005-2009) and the newer boingy cable integrated 2010/11 types may or may not charge the newer 5V only iPhones and iPods. Very early 2010MY (post facelift) couldn't charge the later stuff, a new cable was made available to solve this. These were supplied with new builds from some point in 2010.

For the ACM a new cable is also available.

2012MY uses a new infotainment system again and uses the original Apple USB cable and this should charge fine!

Ah, I see... what is the ACM accessory? It's the boingy cable that I've bought and that doesn't fit my friend's RR Sport... I work in IT and he's tasked me to get a cable for him!

Interesting that they've changed to a standard USB connection from 2012...

Post #320871 Fri Nov 11 2011 10:55pm
Martin

United Kingdom 

What year (model year) RRS is it? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #320873 Fri Nov 11 2011 11:01pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Yes, it does for me. I you have some problems, I would recommend reinstalling OS5 and that should fix it. Vadim A.

Post #320875 Sat Nov 12 2011 3:00am
Lookers Park Royal

OS 5.0.1 available now.

Cable was due to licensing, which now overcome, means 12my vehicles use the Apple supplied white USB lead. For 10/11my the LR cable was upgraded from straight to curly to overcome the charging issue. The OP mentions that the cable doesn't fit, therefore my concern is that the vehicle is pre-10 my?

My suggestion would be for your friend to update his software, try again, and if unsuccessful visit his dealer?

James Thumbs Up

Post #320876 Sat Nov 12 2011 6:08am
RogerPJ

United Kingdom 

Aha, that's the problem. He's got a personal plate on it and I assumed that it was probably 2 years old, so that would make it pre-2010 MY... the connector in the armrest is the same size as the one on the curly cable I've bought, but it has a central, round part to it rather than being all pins... if that makes sense.

So, I require a pre-2010 cable then? And that won't support charging?

A huge thank you to everyone who's helped me!

Roger

Post #320909 Sat Nov 12 2011 4:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>