RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 'New' TDV8 on the way!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DrRick

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Maya Gold
'New' TDV8 on the way!!

So, having moved to the sitcks and realised that a Scooby won't gut the mustard in the winter months, I've taken the leap and put a deposit down on a used TDV8.

Hopefully this Friday I'll be picking up a 2007 Stornoway Grey TDV8 with Alpaca interior.

Only down side, supplying dealer has swapped out the 19's for 20's due to refurb costs over simply putting a new set of rims/tyres on.

Now off to look a General Grabber AT's and consider a second set of rims at 19".

Dr Rick

Post #318561 Mon Oct 24 2011 1:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dealer did the right thing - standard fit is 20" wheels not 19's, 19's though are good for AT's or MTR's and Ice and Snow tyres. If the 19's are at all worth refurbing take them, refurb them and put winter tyres on them. If they are OEM 19's then they are the only ones that fit over the Brembo calipers and are geeing more difficult to get 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #318568 Mon Oct 24 2011 2:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The Subaru in the snow was always big Mr. Green followed closely by Shocked Laughing

RRS will be boringly easy... RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #318569 Mon Oct 24 2011 2:42pm
DrRick

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Maya Gold

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Dealer did the right thing - standard fit is 20" wheels not 19's, 19's though are good for AT's or MTR's and Ice and Snow tyres. If the 19's are at all worth refurbing take them, refurb them and put winter tyres on them. If they are OEM 19's then they are the only ones that fit over the Brembo calipers and are geeing more difficult to get

May have done the 'right' thing, but I didn't get the choice. The car was advertised with the 19's and I was told later that they'd been swapped out for the 20's. Made an enquiry about a private purchase of the older rims but was told that liability issues meant they couldn't be supplied.

I kind of wanted the smaller wheels to go with some deeper profile AT's for when the bad weather turns up.

Dr Rick

Post #318574 Mon Oct 24 2011 3:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1