RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Welcome to Oz MikeS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Welcome to Oz MikeS

Mike based upon your original estimates you should have safely arrived about 36 hours ago in wintry Melbourne, Welcome down under sir Thumbs Up and just in time to see the Welsh team beat the Irish in a reasonable time zone. Cannot say the same for england Big Cry then again they did not deserve to go through the way they played this tournament Evil or Very Mad

Hope to catch up in the near future, in the meantime you have Hydronic, 2nd R, BKHK and a few other locals close by.

Cheers Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #316669 Sun Oct 09 2011 8:59am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Hope all is well Mike and you settle well with all the convicts. Wink

Post #316691 Sun Oct 09 2011 1:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zilch

Misery wrote:
Hope all is well Mike and you settle well with all the convicts. Wink

Its the opposite nowadays, Australia ship back the undesirables to the UK, especially those who forgot to take out citizenship and remained only residents, no matter how long they have been here, off to heathrow with them Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #316751 Mon Oct 10 2011 12:26am
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Thank you kindly good sir Cool

Managed to bring a present with me from the UK, a decent case of manflu so this chilly weather isn't helping Laughing

Just about managed to watch the Wales game as I'd only been here a few hours, fell asleep during the England game and tbh that's probably a good thing. Despite being an englishman by birth I'd lived in Wales for nigh on 50% of my life so I'm happy to support Wales now that England are out Laughing

Spent some time at the Melbourne Leisure show yesterday looking at camper trailers and grey nomad caravans Shocked as well as the 4x4 section of the show, quite an impressive little show to be honest. Talked to some chap from Four Wheel Drive Victoria about some of the training events they run, he asked what I drove and when I said RRS, his words were "oh well, never mind, you'll not be wanting to take that in the bush" Laughing Managed to put him straight on that front Wink

Came back home to watch the end of the Bathurst 1000, so all in all a good day Very Happy

Pick up the keys to our rental house in Parkdale this Friday, container arrives in 3 weeks with our furniture. RRS has been left in storage in the UK waiting for all the documentation to arrive, doubt it'll be here much before January next year at the moment. Gives me time to sort out the registration shenanigins I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and hopefully get to meet a few of you soon Thumbs Up Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #316753 Mon Oct 10 2011 12:56am
garrycol

Australia 

Mike - I still reckon you have rocks in your head wanting to live in Melbourne - orible place absolutely orible.

At least in the UK - you had pleasant summers, nice autumns, cold snowy winters and wet springs - in Melbourne you will get all that in one day - every day - day after day Smile

Welcome

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #316754 Mon Oct 10 2011 1:30am
MikeS

Laughing

Needs must Garry, I'll try and get SWMBO's company to move the factory to somewhere warmer, but somehow I don't think it'll happen.

I see what you mean though, it's been warm, hot, raining, cold, windy, raining then sunny again nearly every day so far. Certainly only a case of waiting 5 minutes for it to be different.

The RRS is going to stick out like a sore thumb in amongst all the Patrol's, Prado's & Land Cruisers that's for sure. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #316755 Mon Oct 10 2011 6:01am
Zilch

garrycol wrote:
At least in the UK - you had pleasant summers,

Garry you must have rocks in your head Laughing pleasant summers indeed , depends if you like them wet half of the time Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #316757 Mon Oct 10 2011 7:10am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Hey Mike,

Hope you are well and find Aus all you thought, well in the 24 hours youve been there.

Smile

Foxy x Smile

Post #316762 Mon Oct 10 2011 8:27am
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi I am fairly new to the forum, but you must be a good bloke with a name like Mike!
So welcome! MikeE SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #316771 Mon Oct 10 2011 8:54am
MikeS

Laughing Thumbs Up Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #316772 Mon Oct 10 2011 8:58am
hydronic

Australia 

Hi Mike, Welcome to Melbourne, it would be good to catch up sometime.

To the rest of you, enough is enough. Evil or Very Mad Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #316795 Mon Oct 10 2011 11:56am
garrycol

Australia 

Zilch wrote:
garrycol wrote:
At least in the UK - you had pleasant summers,

Garry you must have rocks in your head Laughing pleasant summers indeed , depends if you like them wet half of the time Whistle

When I lived in the UK the summers were great - sunny, dry, hayfever, european wasps, poms with sandals and socks, poms with hankies on their bald heads. Laughing 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #316801 Mon Oct 10 2011 12:55pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

[quote="MikeS"]Thank you kindly good sir Cool

Talked to some chap from Four Wheel Drive Victoria about some of the training events they run, he asked what I drove and when I said RRS, his words were "oh well, never mind, you'll not be wanting to take that in the bush" Laughing Managed to put him straight on that front Wink

Hey Mike,

When you are ready to do some more adventurous offroading in that speccy G4 of yours, let me know Twisted Evil

Welcome to the merry old land of Oz.

JS 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #316907 Tue Oct 11 2011 1:04am
MikeS

Cheers all Thumbs Up

Hydronic, be good to meet up once we've settled in, give us a couple of weeks Thumbs Up

G4 won't be here until January I reckon, so until then I'm stuck with the wife's Focus XR5 ST and I don't *think* it'll go very far offroad Laughing Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #316916 Tue Oct 11 2011 5:50am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

MikeS wrote:
Talked to some chap from Four Wheel Drive Victoria about some of the training events they run, he asked what I drove and when I said RRS, his words were "oh well, never mind, you'll not be wanting to take that in the bush" Laughing Managed to put him straight on that front Wink

Mike here's a link t the relevant site
http://www.fwdvictoria.org.au/default0.asp?First=

If you join an affiliated club like the Range Rover Club you'll get membership of 4wd Vic included. Range Rover Club give you training as part of joing
http://rangeroverclub.org.au/

Post #317117 Wed Oct 12 2011 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>