RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Off-roading in Suffolk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Portman Len

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Off-roading in Suffolk

Took my Sport off-road yesterday at the Suffolk Land Rover Owners Club monthly meet where they have four off-road tracks just outside Ipswich for members use only.

Great fun, and the car coped well, so if any forum members are based in the Suffolk/Essex/Norfolk area, I'd highly recommend taking a look at the clubs website: http://www.slroc.com/.

Only downside is that to tackle some of the more extreme courses you will need a front and rear tow point, not just the one that is factory-fitted under the bumpers.

Green Laning is also an option as well. 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE

Post #314176 Mon Sep 19 2011 12:07pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

The covert points on the RRS/D3s are fully rated as recovery points and you don't need anything else. Sounds like they are not used to dealing with newer LRs.

Post #314186 Mon Sep 19 2011 1:12pm
Portman Len

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

DSL wrote:
The covert points on the RRS/D3s are fully rated as recovery points and you don't need anything else. Sounds like they are not used to dealing with newer LRs.

Think what they need is an external tow-point so as when you get stuck in mud, they can simply hook on and yank you out - bit difficult to undo bumpers and look for towing points when the car's knee deep in mud. Witnessed a Defender get stuck and get pulled out by another Defender, but in all honesty, can't see me going to those extremes in my Sport. 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE

Post #314469 Wed Sep 21 2011 9:40am
Gary

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Take the bumper covers off and pre attach the recovery ropes Frt and RR before off roading, saves a lot of hassle when you do get stuck, and if you don't get stuck, your not trying hard enough?

Post #314485 Wed Sep 21 2011 12:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Only downside is that to tackle some of the more extreme courses you will need a front and rear tow point, not just the one that is factory-fitted under the bumpers.

I don't see why - these are perfectly good enough in my opinion. Please enlighten me. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #314486 Wed Sep 21 2011 12:41pm
Lookers Park Royal

And a second safety spring on the throttle linkage that it doesn't have!? Some of these local club scrtineers go a little OTT and are not quite as up to speed on later products. The rear recovery point (behind the bumper cover) is more than adequate for recovery....... Just put a reasonably rate shackle on it.

James Thumbs Up

Post #314538 Wed Sep 21 2011 7:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

Portman Len wrote:
DSL wrote:

Think what they need is an external tow-point so as when you get stuck in mud, they can simply hook on and yank you out - bit difficult to undo bumpers and look for towing points when the car's knee deep in mud. Witnessed a Defender get stuck and get pulled out by another Defender, but in all honesty, can't see me going to those extremes in my Sport.

Thats because they don't know what they are talking about.

The front and rear are fully rated. If they new what they were talking about they would have advised you to attach your strap to the towing eye and locate the other end somewhere (i find in the bonnet works) and in the boot on the rear (not really required).

The newest design these boys have probably seen is a 2004 td5 discovery, running a 1995 designed body! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #315009 Sat Sep 24 2011 10:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1