RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bonnet catch and alarm problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

1supercharged

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Bonnet catch and alarm problems

Hi Guy's new to the site so hope i have asked this question in the right place!! the bonnet catch warning light keeps coming up on my 2006 supercharged and the alarm keeps going of all the time and it's driving me and my neighbours mad, i have tried spraying some contact cleaner on the switch that sits behind the right hand side bonnet catch but because its in an difficult position i am not sure if it having any effect!! can anyone give me a quick fix, even if it's to turn of the siren on the alarm. thanks in advance, Iain Sad

Post #313916 Fri Sep 16 2011 2:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS_PAT

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

This might help

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic20468....net+sensor

If you type +bonnet +sensor into the search window there are some others Smile 2011 Autobiography Santorini Black

Post #313940 Fri Sep 16 2011 6:37pm
moi7i

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

I have had similar problem. Thought the bonnet was shut but when I locked the doors etc the alarm went off.
Go to the corner of the bonnet and see if you can move it. If so put both hands on and push down hard. It worked for me

Post #314426 Tue Sep 20 2011 10:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1supercharged

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

sorry for the delay in replying i have been away on holiday. Just to let you know i followed RRS_PAT'S link and purchased a new bonnet switch from my local range rover dealer at a cost of £6+vat, it took less than 5 mins to fit and it fixed the problem, when i removed the old part the coil spring was covered in dirt and grease so i'm noy suprised it stopped working, just in case anyone else has the same problem and as long as it's not all bent give the coil spring a good clean and re-fit it and see if it solves the alarm going off problem or bonnet catch message, if not buy a new one and it should resolve the problem. Thanks RRS_PAT Thumbs Up

Post #315543 Wed Sep 28 2011 10:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1