RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Interior Wood Set for my 2007 Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

salts320

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Interior Wood Set for my 2007 Sport

Hi I'm wondering if anyone on here can help, I'm thinking of upgrading my interior wood to this set I've seen on eBay

( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OVERFINCH-PIANO-...2567033ce9 )

before going ahead, has anyone changed their interior wood and if so, how difficult is it to fit?

Thanking you

Post #313268 Mon Sep 12 2011 9:36am
smoftah

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wow thats expensive!

Have you thought about getting your existing wood vinyl wrapped instead in black piano.

It would be alot cheaper and you could always reverse it back to the wood with no damage.

Post #313274 Mon Sep 12 2011 10:43am
salts320

I've heard bad things about vinyl wrapping, I think I'd rather pay the extra and have an Overfinch set which has been properly lacquered and refinished - I can always swap the set back if ever I sell the car and the buyer prefers the silver wood finish!

Post #313275 Mon Sep 12 2011 10:50am
Jeeeppy

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Hello salts,
I have just brought my first RRSport I used company called (powerful uk) and changed all steering wheel,stereo surround,heater controls to carbon looks awesome. Will put some pics up soon as don't have car at moment diff needs replacing only had car three weeks now been away three weeks Sad. They also have how to video's on web site Thumbs Up

Post #313279 Mon Sep 12 2011 11:55am
Jonny Fresh

England 

salts320 wrote:
I've heard bad things about vinyl wrapping, I think I'd rather pay the extra and have an Overfinch set which has been properly lacquered and refinished - I can always swap the set back if ever I sell the car and the buyer prefers the silver wood finish!

I think you'll find there's nothing "Overfinch" about that product, Overfinch photos yes, but that's where it ends.....

I would try Powerful UK, think they are a site sponsor....

Post #313282 Mon Sep 12 2011 12:12pm
salts320

Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:

I think you'll find there's nothing "Overfinch" about that product, Overfinch photos yes, but that's where it ends.....

It's an Autobrokers listing and Autobrokers own Overfinch so how do you work that one out?

Post #313286 Mon Sep 12 2011 12:23pm
salts320

Jeeeppy wrote:
Hello salts,
I have just brought my first RRSport I used company called (powerful uk) and changed all steering wheel,stereo surround,heater controls to carbon looks awesome. Will put some pics up soon as don't have car at moment diff needs replacing only had car three weeks now been away three weeks Sad. They also have how to video's on web site Thumbs Up

Thanks a lot mate, I'll definitely have a look into that! Seen the satin matt carbon sport interior on the Overfinch website, looks stunning but a bit out of my price range!

Post #313287 Mon Sep 12 2011 12:24pm
dazzagt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

could be wrong but the matt carbon, is not real carbon, would be easier and cheaper to have all those bits wrapped in a carbon vinyl ?

I know a man that can Thumbs Up If it's of interest will PM you his details. RRS S/C, Factory Fitted Full HST kit, 22" Overfinch SS, Carbon Vents & Grill .. - FOR SALE - PM me for details

997 GT3 - X6 35d

Post #313294 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:00pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:

It's an Autobrokers listing and Autobrokers own Overfinch so how do you work that one out?

Do you really think the Autobrokers who own Overfinch have an eBay user name autobrokers_ltd with less than 300 feedback???

Or do you think it's more likely someone with generic cheap chinese imports has used a similar name to flog their stuff?

I'm only trying to stop you paying champagne money for lemonade products so don't bite my head off!

I may be wrong........but I wouldn't pay £800 for some wood off eBay!

Post #313298 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:06pm
dazzagt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

He does have a good point ^ Whistle RRS S/C, Factory Fitted Full HST kit, 22" Overfinch SS, Carbon Vents & Grill .. - FOR SALE - PM me for details

997 GT3 - X6 35d

Post #313301 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:17pm
smoftah

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just matched their VAT number with Overfinch's and it is the same company Thumbs Up

Post #313302 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:21pm
salts320

Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:

Do you really think the Autobrokers who own Overfinch have an eBay user name autobrokers_ltd with less than 300 feedback???

Or do you think it's more likely someone with generic cheap chinese imports has used a similar name to flog their stuff?

I'm only trying to stop you paying champagne money for lemonade products so don't bite my head off!

I've already called and spoken with Jordan in parts there, they use their ebay shop purely to sell older parts and standard wheels etc so that explains the low feedback. He assures me the cores have been refinished in grand black lacquer rather than just been painted and come with a 12 month warranty so I can't say fairer than that.

Post #313305 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:31pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

It's always good to do your homework when it comes to eBay cause its full of scammers mate. Thumbs Up It's a lot of money so you can never be to careful.

Post #313308 Mon Sep 12 2011 1:48pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:

I've already called and spoken with Jordan in parts there, they use their ebay shop purely to sell older parts and standard wheels etc so that explains the low feedback. He assures me the cores have been refinished in grand black lacquer rather than just been painted and come with a 12 month warranty so I can't say fairer than that.

I bought some winter wheels from them 2 weeks ago for the FFRR, genuine MY12 19 inch Vogue alloys with new pirelli scorpion's for an incredibly good price (£600 for a set of 4). Spoke with them to see if they are pukka and then did the transaction. Everything came wrapped in Overfinch logo'd packaging and with a VAT receipt from Overfinch.

Top guys and they seemed to be realistic about what they wanted for the standard stuff (admittedly surplus to requirements as the first thing they do when they receive the new car is swap the wheels to something bigger).

Thumbs Up

Post #313313 Mon Sep 12 2011 2:27pm
salts320

simon1233 wrote:
salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:
salts320 wrote:

I bought some winter wheels from them 2 weeks ago for the FFRR, genuine MY12 19 inch Vogue alloys with new pirelli scorpion's for an incredibly good price (£600 for a set of 4). Spoke with them to see if they are pukka and then did the transaction. Everything came wrapped in Overfinch logo'd packaging and with a VAT receipt from Overfinch.

Top guys and they seemed to be realistic about what they wanted for the standard stuff (admittedly surplus to requirements as the first thing they do when they receive the new car is swap the wheels to something bigger).

Thumbs Up

Hi, thanks for this, always good to have some feedback from someone who's had previous experience of dealing with people before purchasing from them!

Post #313314 Mon Sep 12 2011 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>