RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Next Mini Meet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
NUMBER NEEDED NOW!

To ensure we end up with some decent digs to stay in, can all those coming please confirm their attendance by Monday 26 September.

Spanks

JS

PS. for those still unsure about whether they want to come along or not have a look at the footage from the last trip to Black Spur - bloody great fun and not to be missed!

'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #314844 Fri Sep 23 2011 7:54am
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

I'll see how SWMBO's feeling about a long trip that weekend, somehow I don't think her (currently) 1 day old Focus XR5 will be up to much more than parking up the kerb though Wink

The following weekend is my 40th birthday, so perhaps she could be persuaded.... Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #314988 Fri Sep 23 2011 11:49pm
hydronic

Australia 

Hi J, we are definitely OK for the 5th and 6th. Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #315209 Mon Sep 26 2011 1:00pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Accomms update

In the spirit of the inaugural Forum trip staying at Black Spur, I've negotiated a package rate for Harrigans irish Pub in heart of the Vineyards.

Notes follow...

Good Afternoon Jaime

Thank you for your enquiry for the 4th to the 6th of November, 2011.

We would be delighted to host your 4WD Club. We would like to offer you our studio rooms @ $261 per night including full hot buffet breakfast twin/double share.
Each studio room has 1 king bed and 1 king single in the room, en-suite with shower, basic tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar and private courtyard/balcony.

I can attest to the quality of Harrigans selection of ales on tap as well as the quality of their grub.

They are centrally located in the centre of Wine Country and those wanting to make an extended stay of this trip can avail themselves of the rate for additional nights as required.

More info here:
http://www.harrigansirishpub.com.au/

Am heading out this long weekend in the pouring rain to map some possible trek routes for the drive days.

Can everyone please confirm what tyres they will be running and what grade level they would like to do so I can attempt to work out an average across the group and establish a suitable route for the drive days.

Also need to get an idea of arrival/departure dates for everyone so I can finalise the itinerary.

Some people have expressed concern that they have seen the kind of off-road stuff I do on my my youtube channel and were worried about having to tackle extreme situations. My take on it this trek is that it will be prepared according to what the majority of people want to experience and will include some sight seeing as well as some fun driving.

I will be avoiding trails that are overgrown or so rugged that we are likely to encounter damage to vehicles. It should be fun and challenging up to RRC B grade. This can include relatively easy recoveries (assuming road tyres on some vehicles) but will try to avoid this as much as possible.

Note that weather will have a big impact on the possibility of upgrading from c to b grade trails.

If it's dry leading up to and including the drive days I would anticipate C Grade for the majority of sections on the drive days.

Cheers

Jamie

PS. We will be running the trip regardless of the number of vehicles. It will however have an impact on the potential coverage of the trip. If we get enough vehicles, Robert Pepper from Overlander Mag will be coming up from Melbourne to cover the trek so do what you can to make this an impressive array of vehicles. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #315490 Wed Sep 28 2011 2:35pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi your planned trips sounds fun. I unfortunately will just be arriving home so will not be able to attend however I will be watching the forum for future trips.
Based in QLD Sunshine Coast.
Meccles SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #315863 Sat Oct 01 2011 12:38am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
EVENT UPDATE

Howdy all,

So far we only have confirmed:

Hydronic
& Me (Jimmy Salsa)

While I am happy to host the trip regardless of numbers, I'm not sure that we'll get Rob Pepper to drive up fro MLB to cover the story if we only have two vehicle in the convoy for the Drive Day.

A friend in his D2 who knows the area incredibly well has been organised to lead the drive day trip for us and I have a great itinerary of wineries and restaurants for us to visit on the Sunday.

I'll also put out an invite to RRS owners from the Vic and NSW RRC's to see if we can boost numbers.

Can anyone else even considering coming, please respond to this thread ASAP. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #317525 Sat Oct 15 2011 9:32pm
MikeS

A post on the D3/D4/RRS forum on aulro might not be a bad idea, fair number of RRS owners on there who may be interested. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #317640 Mon Oct 17 2011 2:11am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

I think I may have scared everyone off with my recent offroad vids.

I will ensure that the tracks we tackle are no tougher than those at black spur and will include some great lookouts and other touring type fun as part of the drive day so there is something for everyone.

I have also posted this on the D3 forum as suggested by Mike but so far the only other 'Sport' intersted is a Series 11 landy Wink

Anyone attached to the RRC NSW, VIC or QLD are welcome to invite Sport owners from the club but please clarify that this is not a club trip as such.

Cheers

JS 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #317883 Wed Oct 19 2011 5:57am
hydronic

Australia 

JS see PM, H Now :3.0 TDV6, Stornoway grey, Premium Almond leather,Dynamic Pack , Paddle shifters, Rear Electronic Diff, Surround Camera System, Park Distance Control - Front, Tow Pack, 19 x 9" 5 V-Spoke wheels, Memory Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Carpet Mat Set, Roof rails, general Grabber ATs,

Ordered, due May 17 SDV6 Dynamic Loire Blue, Ivory, Drive Pro pack, Sliding roof, Heated seats and steering wheel, Surround cameras, Tow pack with Advanced Tow Assist, Meridian 825w sound,

Post #318552 Mon Oct 24 2011 11:30am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Thanks for the heads up Hydronic.

Given the low level of commitment to this event thus far, I've decided to pull the pin and look at a reschedule for early next year.

Cheers

JS 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #318635 Tue Oct 25 2011 7:15am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

JS, early next year will suit me far better and the new rangie may even have NSW plates on by then Whistle
MikeS may have his "you have been Tango'ed" special, so could be a better time for all

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #318762 Wed Oct 26 2011 9:55am
BKHK

Australia 

I won't be able to take part as we are relocating to live in Perth.

Post #318769 Wed Oct 26 2011 10:56am
MikeS

Zilch wrote:
JS, early next year will suit me far better and the new rangie may even have NSW plates on by then Whistle
MikeS may have his "you have been Tango'ed" special, so could be a better time for all

Cheers

Jim

Yep, January should see it here and registered. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #318779 Wed Oct 26 2011 12:21pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Anyone still keen for a trip like this?

Before I go off and start organising anything, can I get an indication if anyone is still keen for a Hunter vineyards meet-up and drive day weekend.

I have a few big trips already coming up at Easter and then Cape York in June/July so I have a reasonbly full schedule already however being on my home turf it's much less of a commitment required from my end and would love to host you guys up here.

Just let me know and I can organise something reasonably quickly.

24th and 25th march? 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #332649 Thu Feb 16 2012 12:47am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

as long as the company do not ship me out to India for Easter then yes.... hope mike can bring the Tangiers Orange Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #332664 Thu Feb 16 2012 10:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>