RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > retro fitting e-diff - PARTS WANTED!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
retro fitting e-diff - PARTS WANTED!

Putting out this call out to all near and far in a bid to track down all of the necessary bits to retro-fit an e-diff to the RRS.

Will need to the diff plus wiring looms and the ECU controller to start with. Most of the other little bits and pieces I should be able to order.

Alternatively, if you are about to trade in your 07/08 RRS and you happen to have an e-diff fited, drop me a line Surprised 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #311933 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:30am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Suggest you go and look over on D3.co.uk Jimmy.. Lots of people talked about retro fitting e-Diff IIRC; but all came to conclusion as too hard..

If you wanted one you are best buying up front as did Rimini; Zilch and Hydronic!

Post #312184 Thu Sep 01 2011 11:35am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Thanks 2nd.

You are absolutely corect in that I should ahve done that in the first instance but I did make a rush purchase of a car that was 12 months old and had already given up almost $50k from new so thought I could get by.

Unfortunately now I realise that I really, really, really do want an e-diff.

Have found a genius on the D3 forum who has not only done it but has put together complete documentation for the job so now just have to track down the parts.

Another great example of LR needing a kick in the pants for:
a) not optioning this as standard on all vehicles
b) not providing an easy method of fitting it as an option post purchase
c) not actually making any of the really good options here in Australia affordable or available
d) All of the above

Smile

BTW: Are you and Fee (she really needs her won forum handle) up for the Hunter Vineyards tour? (Yes you can bring the comformadore) 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #312194 Thu Sep 01 2011 2:38pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Quote:
Another great example of LR needing a kick in the pants for:
a) not optioning this as standard on all vehicles
b) not providing an easy method of fitting it as an option post purchase
c) not actually making any of the really good options here in Australia affordable or available
d) All of the above

Another strange Landrover quirk if ordering rear seat entertainment on new Disco 4 you cannot have e-diff fitted as option Exclamation Question Exclamation Question

I have seen the e-diiff in action on Disco 3, very muddy, steep climb, wet and rutty conditions, but to be honest the only difference compared to my Sport and other Disco 3's tackling same climb was a little more control in the ascent, but that could of also been down to the mud tyres fitted as opposed to the all-terrains everyone else had.

Not really sure that you get good value for your money on this option.

Post #312208 Thu Sep 01 2011 4:11pm
2nd Rower

Jimmy Salsa wrote:

BTW: Are you and Fee (she really needs her won forum handle) up for the Hunter Vineyards tour? (Yes you can bring the comformadore)

Unlikely - as much as I'd want to.... pending new arrival will keep us tied to local trips only for a few months.. Thumbs Up

Post #312260 Fri Sep 02 2011 12:18am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

[quote="lespes"]

Quote:

Not really sure that you get good value for your money on this option.

I've got the e-diff on mine and I get great satisfaction from watching the little padlock light up on the navigation screen when things get challenging.

Jimmy, do you have the navigation screen on yours? If not, how will you know whether the e-diff is engaging? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #312548 Mon Sep 05 2011 7:05am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Hey 640,

No nav on my base model beastie but understand that is the only way I'll have a visual in-dash confirmation that it is working.

If I can fit it without the nav, will just have to assume it is working as required. As you can't actual control its activation anyway, I'm not sure that it really matters if I know visually if it has engaged. Hopefully you should be able to tell from the action of the vehicle.

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to add that to the list of requirements for that project Wink 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #312550 Mon Sep 05 2011 7:21am
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Jimmy

Would it not be better to some air lockers on instead of the land rover e-diff? Surely this would be considerably cheaper in the longer term?

Simon

Post #312600 Mon Sep 05 2011 3:42pm
2nd Rower

Jimmy Salsa wrote:
If I can fit it without the nav

I believe they are mutually exclusive, IIRC Rimini has the e-diff but no Sat Nat/Screen on his TDV8

Post #312630 Mon Sep 05 2011 8:28pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

simon1233 wrote:
Jimmy

Would it not be better to some air lockers on instead of the land rover e-diff? Surely this would be considerably cheaper in the longer term?

Simon

Hi Simon,

I understood that you can't fit independent air lockers on the Sport. Something to do with the traction control system.

I'll be excited if someone can tell me differently as I'd be happy to go down that path. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #312641 Mon Sep 05 2011 10:22pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Hi jimmy

I looked on ARBs website and it seems they do a kit for the sport.

Might be wrong though

Simon

Post #312643 Mon Sep 05 2011 10:26pm
640Newton

2nd Rower wrote:
Jimmy Salsa wrote:
If I can fit it without the nav

I believe they are mutually exclusive, IIRC Rimini has the e-diff but no Sat Nat/Screen on his TDV8

Hi 2nd Rower, they are not mutually exclusive as I have both Premium Navigation and e-Diff. Without the Navigation system I don't think you get the off-road system that shows wheel direction, wheel articulation and e-Diff activation. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #312646 Tue Sep 06 2011 3:43am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

On the 07 model, you get the wheel direction showing in the small centre LCD panel on certain traction control setting such as mud ruts if you don't have the premium nav fitted.

I wonder if the information panel on that same screen (accessed by the indicator stalk) would pick up when the e-diff if active just as it does if you turn off the DSC? 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #312647 Tue Sep 06 2011 4:39am
2nd Rower

What I'm saying 640 is that I believe you can have the e-diff without the screen, thus no sat not or premium option. As I said IIRC Rimini has no Sat Nat screen on his TDV8 (IIRC MY 07).. If you don't have the central screen I am not sure if it tells you that the diff is activating or not via another alert, or whether you are just expected to accept its working!?!

Post #312751 Wed Sep 07 2011 11:18am
640Newton

2nd Rower wrote:
What I'm saying 640 is that I believe you can have the e-diff without the screen, thus no sat not or premium option. As I said IIRC Rimini has no Sat Nat screen on his TDV8 (IIRC MY 07).. If you don't have the central screen I am not sure if it tells you that the diff is activating or not via another alert, or whether you are just expected to accept its working!?!

No problem 2nd Rower, the term "mutually exclusive" means that two things can't exist or function together. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #312753 Wed Sep 07 2011 11:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>