RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What can I get for my Money..?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

saferidges

United Kingdom 
What can I get for my Money..?

Hey All,

I might be a tad premature in posting this, but no harm in being prepared!

I'll be coming into some money in late October, which Im going to use in part as a deposit on a RRS. I appreciate thats a good 2 months away but I want to get my facts straight and understand the market and the cars before I make my purchase.

My budget is going to be upto £28-29k maximum, but ideally around the £25k mark. I'm looking for a Java black / black interior TDV6 HSE with < 50k miles on a 57+ plate. (Ideally with 20' Stormer alloys)

something like (despite the lack of stormers);

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p

For my budget and bearing in mind the Evoque and 2012 plates coming out soon, what are your opinions on what I could expect to get for my money?

Thanks for reading and any help / advice you can give me

Post #311908 Tue Aug 30 2011 8:18am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'd say that sounds about right for an 08 plate, but i'm sure you could haggle a bit, but the problem is that won't be for sale when you come to buy one and chances are the prices will go up a little with winter knocking on the door. Thumbs Up

Post #311909 Tue Aug 30 2011 8:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
saferidges

United Kingdom 

Yeah I had figured that prices would be on the up, sadly it doesnt make sense to get one now since I'd need to take a larger loan without my impending windfall. By how much do you think the prices will creep up?

Post #311910 Tue Aug 30 2011 8:41am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You really should have no problem with what you're after - you should be able to get a slightly newer/less mileage RRS too or even a TDV8.

Best of luck 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #311911 Tue Aug 30 2011 8:46am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Plenty of Java/Ebony cars out there, take your time as the choice is huge in HSE spec - for £25k you might even find a 58 plate car with highish miles - don't rule out SE's because you can always put a set of Stormers on them too and some SE's have been very highly specced 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #311914 Tue Aug 30 2011 9:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
saferidges

United Kingdom 

Interesting that you say that, Ive seen a couple of SE's which people claim to be HSE specced, which all look very nice, especially with the stormers on. Whats the key difference between the two models? Is it just a case of the stereo etc?

Post #311915 Tue Aug 30 2011 9:52am
Tim in Scotland

Most obvious is that SE's have 19" wheels as standard, but also they are missing the fridge in the centre cubby, early (05-07MY) have no satnav. not sure if they got PTI in 2007MY. The audio is less hitec and IIRC they don't have BiXenons except as an option. Take a look at the Use Car locator on the LR website and you will get an idea - wait 3 weeks and the forcourts will be wash with change of year plate trade-ins too which will depress used prices and give you an even more difficult choice
My sister picked up a 09 plate SE TDv6 last September in Java with full leather, 20's, PTI, Privacy, HK logic7 and only 11000 miles on it for £20k at a non franchise dealer. It has never missed a beat and runs well and the seller got it into the local Franchised dealer for a full service/ full check over and all TSB's done as a condition of sale. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Aug 30 2011 11:14am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #311925 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:06am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

I don't think the SE's had front fog lights either

Post #311927 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:11am
Tim in Scotland

My 05 plate did as standard, this was a launch day delivery car and i see it also had Bi-Xenons as standard because I had no optional extras on that car

However that doesn't mean LR didn't delete them later!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #311928 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:14am
saferidges

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate the info. If I can ask another question thats just come to mind?

Warranties - Looking at the Land Rover Used Car Locator, Ive noticed the scope for a Land Rover warranty. Would you recommend taking a warranty from Land Rover and paying a bit more for the piece of mind, or would you go indipendant and try and source a warranty elsewhere? Totally uneducated in this area so if someone who knows whats what can guide me a little?

Thanks again

Post #311934 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:45am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

saferidges wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate the info. If I can ask another question thats just come to mind?

Warranties - Looking at the Land Rover Used Car Locator, Ive noticed the scope for a Land Rover warranty. Would you recommend taking a warranty from Land Rover and paying a bit more for the piece of mind, or would you go indipendant and try and source a warranty elsewhere? Totally uneducated in this area so if someone who knows whats what can guide me a little?

Thanks again

Land rover warranty everytime Thumbs Up but if you don't buy your car from land rover, then a LR warranty may not be possible unless there is still a LR warranty in place at the time of purchase. Hope this helps Thumbs Up

Post #311937 Tue Aug 30 2011 11:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1