RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > iPod - Dension Ice>link Lite – Can anyone help ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rupert

Ireland 
iPod - Dension Ice>link Lite – Can anyone help ??

I have been scouring the net for quite some time now, trying to source a “Dension Ice>link Lite” kit for the iPod but unfortunately to no avail.

I have found plenty of the Ice>link Fm & Ice>link Plus kits, but no “Lites” anywhere. I have eMailed a number of online retailers in the UK who seem to carry the Dension range, but have received no replies whatsoever, which drives me nuts. Why have a “contact us here” link, if you don’t bother replying ? Mad

So I wonder if there's anyone who could point me in the right direction as to where I might able to source this kit ???

To recap, I need a “Dension Ice>link Lite” as can be seen here……..

http://www.dension.com/icelinklite.php

It is a universal kit that will suit BMW, Ford & Saab cars, but with a little imagination & know how, will work quite successfully in a Sport.

It’s important though that it’s the “Lite” version as the Plus kits seem to have added vehicle integration features for the iPod which wouldn’t work out with my intended modified install.

Any help, ideas or assistance would be greatly received & appreciated.

Thanks in advance…………

”Rupert” Smile

Post #30041 Fri May 05 2006 9:56am
grommet

United States 

I don't think it has been released... so nobody has inventory.

I personally don't see much added value since the whole point of the kit is to ease install... and since the plugs won't be compatible with the Land Rover system, it's not much more than a cradle with a wire. Just buy the docking cradle, or a similar cradle, and wire it yourself.

Also, wouldn't something like the H/K Drive+Play be more interesting if you want a more permanent design?

Post #30270 Fri May 05 2006 5:53pm
Rupert

Ireland 

grommet wrote:
I don't think it has been released... so nobody has inventory.

Aha !! That could explain why I can’t get it. Although somewhere in the deeper recesses of my memory I recall reading somewhere on a forum some time ago about a guy who had one installed in his D3. But for the life of me I can’t remember where or when.

Yeah I know it’s nothing more than a cradle with wires, but I do like the look of it & it would be a neat install with very little wiring showing. Unlike some of the plug in adaptors available which would have wires trailing everywhere. Also I like being able to just click the iPod in & have it in view, like a cell phone.

I have searched & searched for a similar cradle set up, but have failed to find any other than this one. If I could find another type of cradle that gives a power feed for charging & audio line out, I'd be delighted & would certainly look into it, as trying to source this one is not proving easy. I must have a look at Apple’s own iPod dock, but is that not really for a desktop application rather than a car ??

The modification of the wiring doesn’t bother me at all & I would get a certain amount of satisfaction in doing the install. It’s kind of the line of work I’m in anyway !

I think also that the little module that comes with this kit converts the cars 12v supply into an iPod friendly charge, as I don’t think an iPod can take the cars raw voltage, but I’m not entirely sure on that to be honest.

With regard to the HK drive + play system, it is a very nice wee system, but I’m not too gone on having the display unit on the dash, the joystick control & an iPod all around the cars interior. I really have my heart set on a cradle, mounted on a dashmount bracket, that I can just slot in the iPod, select aux & listen to my tunes.

Last edited by Rupert on Fri May 05 2006 7:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #30282 Fri May 05 2006 7:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rupert, I remember this coming up on these fora before as well - try using the "search" function on the tool bar beneath the top banner...............

Later - knew it, here's a link to the post - if you search using Dension you will find a few other threads and also try on the D3 forums too

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1680 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #30283 Fri May 05 2006 7:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rupert

Ireland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Rupert, I remember this coming up on these fora before as well - try using the "search" function on the tool bar beneath the top banner

Cheers Tim, at least I haven’t lost the plot so, I know I’ve seen it somewhere.

I have searched this & the D3 forum, for iPod, (imagine the number of hits for that !) also for Dension &Ice>link. I did get hits, but I haven’t managed to find exactly what I remember.

It’s an ongoing hunt, a real challenge, but I WILL find it eventually Smile

Post #30284 Fri May 05 2006 7:31pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hi Rupert - I can recommend www.newministuff.com for IceLink kits - the iceLink Lite is at http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?a...amp;id=227 but it looks like their one is MINI/BMW specific, worth an e-mail or phone call though Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #30285 Fri May 05 2006 7:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rupert

Ireland 

Yes Tim !!!! That’s the one……….goodness that was right under my nose all along. What’s worse is I was through that very post only a few days ago Sad

I did PM “C” at P.A. (albeit under a different guise, D3 forum) & he gave me a website of a retailer. Unfortunately they are one of the one’s who never bothered to reply to my eMail. Mad

Oh I’ll get it alright, it’s a mission now !!!

Cheers again for the help.

Last edited by Rupert on Fri May 05 2006 8:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #30286 Fri May 05 2006 7:36pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Martin wrote:
Hi Rupert - I can recommend www.newministuff.com for IceLink kits - the iceLink Lite is at http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?a...amp;id=227 but it looks like their one is MINI/BMW specific, worth an e-mail or phone call though Smile

Oh Martin you’re a star !!!

Not only do you provide a really cool forum for us all, but you may just have saved my sanity as well. Very Happy

It certainly looks like the one I’m after. I’ll eMail &keep my fingers crossed that they may be the ones to reply. Surprised

Post #30287 Fri May 05 2006 7:42pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

How have you got on with your quest Rupert? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #31045 Tue May 09 2006 4:03pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Very well Martin !!

I looked at the site you recommended on Friday evening & sent an eMail to check out a few things. I received an eMail back later that night which confirmed everything I thought.

So I ordered the Ice>link Lit kit on Saturday & received an eMail from them just an hour or so ago saying my order was dispatched.

So all looks good so far.

I found them to be very good with their eMails, which was a relief, as I had eMailed a few other online retailers in the UK who carry the Dension range but didn’t so much as get a response. Very poor indeed. Evil or Very Mad

So thank you Martin for recommending “New Mini Stuff” they seem to have come through. Very Happy

Post #31058 Tue May 09 2006 5:07pm
Rupert

Ireland 
Done Deal !!!

Well my Ice>link Lite unit arrived by mail this morning. What a battle it was to try to find this unit, but I knew it existed somewhere.

Many thanks once again to Martin for your link to the “New Mini Stuff” web site, only for you I’d still be searching. Very Happy

But now I have a docking cradle for the iPod, which I’ll mount on a dashmount bracket. Then give it power to charge & hook up the audio L/R to aux input of the stereo & away we go.

All I need now is the RRS itself, but that’s scheduled for a May build, with a June delivery. Cool

Post #31788 Fri May 12 2006 9:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1