RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2007 Specs - what would you like to see added/ removed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #31401 Wed May 10 2006 4:59pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Dammit!

Knew I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. My Stormers have gone now!

Have to drive RRS home on a set of 13" XR2 'Pepperpot' alloys left in there place! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #31453 Wed May 10 2006 8:31pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Haha... pepperpot alloys. Now you're talking!!

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #31458 Wed May 10 2006 8:35pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Pure class Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #31467 Wed May 10 2006 8:43pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Getting back onto the subject of improvements, i'd suggest:-

- retractable cargo net/dog guard with abiity to hook onto the roof line behind the rear seats and also behind the front seats when using the larger cargo capacity.

- omit the colourful warning instructions on the sunvisors - doesn't look great to oncoming vehicles when your visors are down.

- bit more durable protection for the paintwork around the rear door entry area.

- some sort of covering for the spare wheel to make it less of an eyesore

- back row seats able to be moved fwd or backwards for either a bigger boot or more rear legroom, as well as making the seats tiltable.

- this is a bit far fetched but i'd really like a weather radar ie showing doplar for bad weather, switcheable with the sat nav screen. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #31525 Thu May 11 2006 11:01am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

BoldlyGo wrote:

- back row seats able to be moved fwd or backwards for either a bigger boot or more rear legroom, as well as making the seats tiltable.

Now that is definitely a good call!

I have to have my seat all the way back to the stop being 6'2" and there is not a HUGE amount of kneeroom in the back.

A lot of luxury cars now have elec. sliding AND tilting rear seats.

For god's sake, my old mans Granada Scorpio way back when had elec reclining rear seats![/quote] Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #31557 Thu May 11 2006 1:38pm
Rupert

Ireland 

My vote would be for proper iPod integration. All it needs is a dock connector in the cubby box between the seats for instance, then bring up the display & controls on the stereo. Or if you have the nav screen have it display there. Cool

However, much more important is a proper PTI system. It’s b****y ridiculous that on a 80K EUR car that the cradle only supports a phone, which is no longer available in shops. Oh I know there’s a patch now for the 6230i, but come on LR there’s more than the one make of phone on the market you know !!!!

But even taking the Nokia range, you can buy a Nokia BT kit for a couple of hundred Euro which will give all the BT integration you need. But LR would have us spend EUR1,500 or so on a PTI that can’t even match the versatility of some of Nokia’s own Kits. I’m quite sure the other phone manufacturers have similar kits at similar cost.

Land Rover, the PTI system is Pathetic !!! Evil or Very Mad

Post #31766 Fri May 12 2006 7:53am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Rupert wrote:
But even taking the Nokia range, you can buy a Nokia BT kit for a couple of hundred Euro which will give all the BT integration you need. But LR would have us spend EUR1,500 or so on a PTI that can’t even match the versatility of some of Nokia’s own Kits. I’m quite sure the other phone manufacturers have similar kits at similar cost.

The trouble is Rupert, that the mobile phone manufacturing industry moves much quicker than the car industry so it's difficult for car mfrs to keep up with the rate of new shape phones and keep making new cradles every time a slightly different phone comes up. Other mfrs are no better in my experience... all that said, I agree it is a bit of a nuisance. I have my 6230 and I'm sticking with it (and I'm not someone who changes their phone every 5 mins anyway so it's no loss to me). 

Post #31943 Fri May 12 2006 2:19pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Well thankfully I too have my 6230 on standby, waiting for the “Sport” to arrive. Also, like you Shmoogle I don’t tend to change my phone all the often. But it could get damaged, lost or stolen, then we’d be in a pickle. After spending Eur 1,500 on a PTI system, you’d end up with nothing more than a very overpriced Bluetooth kit in your car.

I must check on my dad’s FFRR to see what phones are compatible with the PTI, as I know for certain there’s a lot more than just the 6230 !! I think we got a list of 6 or seven phones that will work

Post #32076 Fri May 12 2006 5:32pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Here's the latest approved phones list, Rupert. It describes which ones work over BT and which have cradles available.

http://www.landrover.com/assets/gb/en/Vehi...edures.pdf 

Post #32077 Fri May 12 2006 5:35pm
Rupert

Ireland 

Ah Ha !!

Cheers Shmoogle Very Happy

Post #32080 Fri May 12 2006 5:39pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

The cradled phone list has remained virtually unchanged in a year or so (save for the "undocumented" patch allowing support of the 6230i), the only list that has grown is the one of compatible BT handsets... To me, this means that Land Rover and Nokia are no longer supporting the system with new cradles. I think Rupert is right about being stuck with a somewhat overpriced Bluetooth kit... 

Post #32084 Fri May 12 2006 6:09pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

[quote="Smarticus"]I'd like to see :

colour coded plastic thingy's at bottom of doors (better still delete them altogether)/quote]

They are actually an aerodynamic enhancement which helps with the down-force and stability in a side wind.

My enhancements would be seat belt buckles that didn't need Velcro on the back to stop them knocking on the "B" post when not in use

Full integration of the audio system into the touchscreen, in colour and showing MP3 tag info like my son's £50 MP3 player screen does

Weather info taken from Met Office data via TMC

First Aid Kit, Warning triangle and fire extinguisher included (like a £12k 1.4L V W Golf has)

TV/DVD/ Rear CCTV Camera (on touchscreen ) and DAB radio included as part of the Logic 7 spec (rear screens should be optional extras) or even the ability to easily replace the SATNAV DVD for a movie DVD. (I only use SATNAV occassionally and it seems such a waste not to use the DVD player for other purposes)

Video/ audio connectors build into the top of the front seats (beside the headrests) to easily attach / connect rear screens.

A bonnet catch that doesn't bend sideways and mis-align like a cheap Nissan Micra. I checked my oil at the weekend and couldn't close the bonnet until I noticed that the catch had bent about 1cm to the left and had to bend it back to close the bonnet

Electrically operated headlight alignment change-over switch when driving in right hand drive countries

Auto close windows and full powerfold mirrors when setting the alarm

System to clean wing mirrors (power-wash?) especially useful when motorway driving - they get very mucky in bad weather and can't be used at night and you have to stop to clean them frequently (maybe whacky but my Lexus SC400 had a "vibrate button to shake frost/snow off the wing mirrors and that was a 1993 car!)

Weatherproof external 12v socket at the rear to supply power when camping

Improvements to the roof rails so that one person can put them on alone without having to go to each side to slide it along an inch at a time!

BTW, has anyone noticed that the panel that covers the boot (trunk) accessory and spare wheel lowering control is made by Volvo! (Lift the carpet covered wooden panel and look at the underside of the plastic handle/ finger recess )

Windscreen wipers that lock up off the screen for cleaning the windscreen

A tailgate/rear spoiler that doesn't store 10 gallons of water and drip for two hours after cleaning it!

Black heat resistant painted rear brake calipers when Brembos are fitted up front

And finally, laser cannons to shoot those who tow a caravan doing 61mph overtaking another caravan doing 60mph up a hill on a dual carriageway and drivers who won't get out of the middle lane on a motorway when the No.1 lane is empty! AAAggghhhhhh!!!!! Banging Head It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #47220 Mon Jul 31 2006 11:31am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kljw

Scotland 
what should be added

ok, the park heating system from the range rover and freelander should be added, nothing beats getting into a warm car on cold mornings.
television should be added to, alond with DVD system as standard.
the ability to change the units on the sat nav, when entering position, ordinace survey grid system should be used, along with metric distance calulation.
rear view cammera should be in there to, love to see what i am reversing into.
adventure cam shoul;d added. it's just bags of fun!
a btter telephone system with more choice of phones.

Post #47399 Tue Aug 01 2006 5:14pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

EDITED:

I agree with all of those already said but my abbreviated list is as follows:

Landrover take notes please.

1. The clock moved
2. PTI is pants and flaky
3. One touch passenger window
4. Same seat adjustment for passenger
5. Swap rear hatch to FFRR tailgate version, also stops people sitting on rear bumper and scratching paint with wellies etc
6. spare wheel looks untidy under car
7. TV/Venture cam function
8. More utilisation of sat nav screen
9. better Ipod connection
10. Electric steering wheel adjustment
11. Electric Lumbar
12. Adjustable front headrests
13. Ability to lower suspension on key 3rd button easily.
14. Retractable dog guard would be good ala FFRR.
15. Cup holders that are actually designed around real bottles etc, they're always too big/square or too small and tip over.
16. Ability to use PTI without stereo coming on.
17. Tyre pressure monitor with pressures on screen
18. Automatic lowering of air suspension at 67mph and not 100mph
19. Being able to fold rear seats without putting front seats so far forward I can't drive the car Evil or Very Mad
20. Different 20" alloys that are not so easy to scratch off road
21. Visual PDC on screen like BMW 5 Series
22. Being able to see the outside temperature when cruise is on or when suspension is raised or lowered
23. Being able to select between normal cruise and ACC (where fitted)
24. Being able to reset only a single element to the onboard computer instead of all at once and being able to view on the nav screen like the FFRR.
25. More intuitive sat nav and voice controls
26. Being able to download software patches via broadband at home and apply yourself via a USB port (A bit forward thinking that one!) L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Last edited by RRUK on Wed Aug 09 2006 8:53am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #47483 Wed Aug 02 2006 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>