RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Young drivers insurance.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Or if you rented the car to him for a 1p a year.......................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #161536 Tue Mar 25 2008 8:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I have a similar situation with my FL2

I work for my dads company, dad buys me company car, car registered in my name (as the registered keeper), Insurance in my name with my NCD with me as Reg Keeper, Company as Owner

In the event of a claim the insurance company pays the company (dad) not me, but lots of insurance company's throw the Insurable Interest quote at me when ring around

I went with sainsburys, and now with Adrian Flux who also say they specialize in young drivers/sports cars etc

On the V5 form it says the registered Keeper is not always the owner of the vehicle in the small print

Post #161538 Tue Mar 25 2008 8:40pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Not 100% on this but should the car be registered in the company name to ensure you atract the correct tax relief/benifit in kind, company asset etc, etc. It's been a few years since I was involved this (not being in UK) like I said not 100%. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #161539 Tue Mar 25 2008 8:51pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Steve in germany wrote:
Not 100% on this but should the car be registered in the company name to ensure you atract the correct tax relief/benifit in kind, company asset etc, etc. It's been a few years since I was involved this (not being in UK) like I said not 100%.

yes - thats my understanding too.

Post #161540 Tue Mar 25 2008 8:53pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I still pay Company car tax, the car is also registered as a company asset on the books at the year end, and the accountant seems happy with the set up, but my dads a sole trader not a Ltd company so things maybe different

I just drive and pay my taxes, lots of taxes Shocked but I don't mind as i have the Green Oval Thumbs Up shame is not got the TDV8 under it though Big Cry

Post #161543 Tue Mar 25 2008 9:00pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
but my dads a sole trader not a Ltd company so things maybe different

probably different in that case - I only know regarding ltd firms myself

Post #161545 Tue Mar 25 2008 9:08pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

PauloAmore wrote:
2nd Rower wrote:
ViewWise wrote:
LOL im guessing endsleigh got stung very hard over the last 10 years because they quoted me only when i turn 21..... and brace yourself for the quote!

£30344.68 with a £650 excess.

I changed insurers after all those years when Endsleigh quoted me £45k to insure my new £44k boxster S which i traded the Esprit for!

I may have had something to do with it as i complained to the Insurance Ombudsman about a certain matter and i believe it cost them a lot of money! A long story but a good friend of mine in the industry who gave me 'inside knowledge' couldn't believe how far i got with the complaint!

Oh go on. What was the story? Wink

Well if you insist - i will try and keep it as short as possible...

Basically the Esprit got damaged and I had the right to choose repairer in my policy. I wanted an 'official' Lotus repairer and they said 'by the time you get back from your fortnight in the US, you'll have quotes from several repairers waiting on your mat so you can choose who to send it to'.

I got back from the US and having called them to chase the quotes the sheepish consultant confessed that the car was 90% repaired at a non-lotus approved garage. Hence i complained about many things, and had to send many letters as I wasn't happy with the customer service or with the standard of the repair. Ultimately they had to get someone from lotus factory to certify that the car was fixed to factory tolerances etc and give me cash compensation - my 'industry insider' said that usually you get a bunch of flowers as compensation if you are lucky, never cash. My case made it all the way up to the MD's desk before it was resolved.. There is a lot of detail that although frustrating back then, is very funny in hindsight!

The bottom line, as I was told by my 'insider', is that the insurance company get fined by the Ombudsman just for having the 1st letter sent in to them regardless of fact basis or right or wrong! There is a process to go through in that you have to keep writing to the insurance company and wait for their 'best and final offer' before appealing to the ombudsman, this so that they get the chance to rectify the situation on their own first. I don't believe the insurance Ombudsman exists in that form at any more, but is part of another wider governing body now.

Post #161565 Tue Mar 25 2008 10:53pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Its amazing how different insurers quote totally different prices to different brokers. Using the same details. Anyways all the advice i can give anyone is to keep trying, if you have 'special' circumstances there are people out there who take it into consideration Smile.

Last edited by ViewWise on Wed Mar 26 2008 2:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #161681 Wed Mar 26 2008 1:53pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Yeah we are all "Special" on here Laughing Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #161685 Wed Mar 26 2008 2:14pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Steve in germany wrote:
Yeah we are all "Special" on here Laughing

Some more than others Laughing

Post #161686 Wed Mar 26 2008 2:15pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

when i worked for a large insurance company with red phones

I was told if a complaint gets to the GISC (General Insurance Standards Council) or FSA it would have already cost them least £500 in time/money, that's even before they have done anything to satisfy the GISC & the FSA in the matter.

A great bargaining tool if your insurance company doesn't see your way of thinking in a matter

Post #161706 Wed Mar 26 2008 4:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234