RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Insurance for 18 year old on RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Fredsman

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Insurance for 18 year old on RRS

My dad has just got a 2011 RRS Commandshift HSE 3.0 Ive called up his insurance company about 5 times and each time heard the same thing unfortunantly, I am currently a named driver on his fleet company policy for all of his company vans [As I am only 18, 19 in a couple of months] but not his and another private range rover. It is with dixons commercial insurance and they are insuring through AXA. They wouldn't even give me a price to get me listed as a named driver on all of the cars or even just onto my dads as i won't be driving the other one. They even said it wouldn't be worth it for them to charge £10,000 a year (even though the whole policy with 18 vans (some BRAND new worth 32k) only comes to just over 2 grand)

Is it even possible for an 18 year old to get insured on this car?

Has anyone got any similar situations which may be helpful?

Any help will be appreciated thanks

Post #309870 Mon Aug 15 2011 3:33am
Jonny Fresh

England 

Firstly if you phone the same people with the same question 5 times you will get the same answer 5 times Laughing

Secondly how have you got a fleet policy with 18 vans on for £2K Shocked Bargain!

Thirdly, yes it is possible for an 18 year old to get insured, but it depends on the insurer and it will cost!

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like your Dad's insurer is interested in adding you.

Post #309876 Mon Aug 15 2011 9:15am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Some folks want to run before they can walk! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #309877 Mon Aug 15 2011 9:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JoeRRS

United Kingdom 

Try Admiral thats who am with and your only 3 years younger than me i ts going to cost thow.

Post #309878 Mon Aug 15 2011 10:22am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

You could try Adrian Flux or www.rcib.co.uk

I have just insured the little foxcub on this perhaps you should think about getting one too !!! It was a lot cheaper than car insurance !

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Smile

Post #309897 Mon Aug 15 2011 1:01pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Did he hit a pot of green paint? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #309898 Mon Aug 15 2011 1:07pm
Fredsman

Jonny Fresh wrote:
Firstly if you phone the same people with the same question 5 times you will get the same answer 5 times Laughing

Secondly how have you got a fleet policy with 18 vans on for £2K Shocked Bargain!

Thirdly, yes it is possible for an 18 year old to get insured, but it depends on the insurer and it will cost!

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like your Dad's insurer is interested in adding you.

Spoke to different people, some people are less intelligent and not aware of everything so I might have got lucky Smile

Its just over 2k about 560 per quarter which is still very much a bargain don't know how they do it but i'm not complaining Smile

I just got a reply from nathanh1 on another thread (who was insured on a 2009 RRS when he was 1Cool saying I should tell them we will take our business elsewhere if they cannot insure me it may entice them

Quote:
Some folks want to run before they can walk!

Very true Tim it is a big car for a young lad like me but i'm not a silly boy Smile

Post #309926 Mon Aug 15 2011 4:47pm
Siberianfox

Good for you ! You might want to tell your dad before you go threatening the insurance clerk that youll withdraw your business. or at least make sure you got a replacement standby policy for the same kind of cash for the vans before you say youll cancel the policy. What if they turn around and say .....Yep go on then see ya !
VA: No he didnt hit the green paint but he has his team trial tomorrow so we find out if he makes the squad !!! Lewis Hamilton watch out ! Youve nothing on the Foxcub. He will post his pictures tomorrow he said Smile

Post #309928 Mon Aug 15 2011 4:51pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

A 2 grand policy is not something they will be too bothered about losing...........

I like to have anyone be able to drive my car, I wanted anyone over 25 they said anyone over 30, but this was no good for me as I have friends and my girlfriend who may drive under 30....

I threatened to leave them and they soon changed it to anyone over 25 but them upped the excess......

But my fleet policy is £6,500

Post #309930 Mon Aug 15 2011 5:09pm
0cj0

United Kingdom 

I opened a motor trade business at 18 so I could get trade insurance ... could drive any car under a value of 69k perhaps you should think about something along those lines?

A new Range Rover Sport at 18 will be the biggest FM going ... Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #309935 Mon Aug 15 2011 5:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'm sure Foxy wants a FM! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #309937 Mon Aug 15 2011 6:00pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
I'm sure Foxy wants a FM!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #309942 Mon Aug 15 2011 7:22pm
Fredsman

Siberianfox wrote:
Good for you ! You might want to tell your dad before you go threatening the insurance clerk that youll withdraw your business. or at least make sure you got a replacement standby policy for the same kind of cash for the vans before you say youll cancel the policy. What if they turn around and say .....Yep go on then see ya !
VA: No he didnt hit the green paint but he has his team trial tomorrow so we find out if he makes the squad !!! Lewis Hamilton watch out ! Youve nothing on the Foxcub. He will post his pictures tomorrow he said

Yeah of course, ive already been talking to him about it I think we are going to sort it once we are back from Thailand which we are going tomorrow for 2 weeks guna be a new experience for me as its my first time out of europe and a flight longer than 4 hours.

I would love to own something like that foxcub but I have no where to drive it! Im dead bang in the middle of central London

Jonny Fresh wrote:
A 2 grand policy is not something they will be too bothered about losing...........

I like to have anyone be able to drive my car, I wanted anyone over 25 they said anyone over 30, but this was no good for me as I have friends and my girlfriend who may drive under 30....

I threatened to leave them and they soon changed it to anyone over 25 but them upped the excess......

But my fleet policy is £6,500

Yeah his policy was on a 21 / 25 system where he has drivers who are 21-24 at his workplace he needed the vans to be for people above 21 but I got put onto a named driver on that part of things very easily, but they won't even touch me with the range policy because its the 25 year old policy put on my dads car and another range rover vogue. I'm pretty sure my dad would be happy to pay a bit extra so I will hopefully be able to get some reasonable quotes once im back.

0cj0 wrote:
I opened a motor trade business at 18 so I could get trade insurance ... could drive any car under a value of 69k perhaps you should think about something along those lines?

A new Range Rover Sport at 18 will be the biggest FM going ... Good luck Thumbs Up

I was considering opening a car hire business but I didn't really research too much on it but it could may well be an option I will definitly consider it. May I ask what you started doing it and how things ran? you could pm me if you want it to be a bit more private, would be appriciated.

will_wonka wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
I'm sure Foxy wants a FM!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Will be toooo easy hahaha Thumbs Up

Post #309983 Tue Aug 16 2011 3:30am
Siberianfox

Am I being too stupid here , what the hell is a FM??? Smile

Post #309993 Tue Aug 16 2011 8:48am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

You don't want to know! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #310002 Tue Aug 16 2011 9:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>