RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > DVD Via Nav Screen?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
DVD Via Nav Screen?

Anyone tried or knows if the Nav screen has an auxiliary input so I can hook up a DVD player to it aswell? 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #1432 Fri Aug 05 2005 4:02am
grommet

United States 

If you have the "factory" dual screen rear seat DVD entertainment system, you can access the DVD video in the front while not moving (or whatever is plugged into one of the two AUX A/V inputs).

Other than that, there is no supported method...

You can, however, hack in a video connection and use diag/debug mode to view the video source. That hack is here (from Disco 3/LR3): http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475 & http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/inde...1115493960

Also (probably illegal in most places, too), custom installers may be able to put in a total video bypass switch for the touchscreen so anything can be fed to it with the throw of a manual or electronic switch...

Post #1433 Fri Aug 05 2005 5:48am
nasa

United States 

Grommet, I live in the states and can't get my video up front to play even if i have the car in park w/ parking brake on. The dealer told me this is normal for cars in the us and none could play video on the Nav screen. Is he pulling my leg?

Post #1434 Fri Aug 05 2005 6:08am
grommet

United States 

On the show vehicles here, the "DVD" button on the main menu had full DVD controls and had a "full screen" button in the playback interface. Video worked fine. But it was removed in production for North America. So your dealer is not lying. Sorry.

You can probably thank the laws in a few states. Here in California, no motion video can be within the view of the driver by law. I can't understand why it would be an issue for parked vehicles, though... Rolling Eyes Fools. Send Land Rover your feedback!

I haven't seen the crippled version yet personally. What can you do from the front?

I just noticed the original poster is from the US, too. I guess I need to pay attention. I keep on assuming most are UK or EU based here... Very Happy

Post #1435 Fri Aug 05 2005 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1