RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED SPORT PLEASE READ ..............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

Jonny Fresh

England 

When I'm selling a car, I make them come to me, they can have a good look round it, but it really is take it or leave it, I am not interested in haggling. The price is the price, you don't have to buy it.....someone else will, I normally put them on autotrader for a high price, and incremently drop the price until people start phoning, then I know I'm in the right ball park

Post #309626 Fri Aug 12 2011 12:59pm
eddiek62

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Jonny Fresh wrote:
When I'm selling a car, I make them come to me, they can have a good look round it, but it really is take it or leave it, I am not interested in haggling. The price is the price, you don't have to buy it.....someone else will, I normally put them on autotrader for a high price, and incremently drop the price until people start phoning, then I know I'm in the right ball park

I am the exact opposite. I put my car on sale a few weeks ago at what was well below what traders were looking for and in the middle to low end of what private buyers were asking. I put it on sale on the Thursday evening and sold it Friday morning. I have now been looking around for months at cars and most are just not shifting (and neither are their prices!!).

If I see a car dropping in price week after week, my first thought is that there is something wrong with it and my second is that the seller is desperate so I might as well wait a bit longer.

Post #309650 Fri Aug 12 2011 4:24pm
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

The last 3 cars I have sold privately, which were a 911 C4s, an M5 and then an M3 all sold within hours of being on Pistonheads and a deposit was placed over the phone before they even came to see it Shocked

I look after my cars though, and I think with forums such as these it is very easy to get a picture of exactly how the car has been "babied" and also gives some confidence to purchasing a car of over £35k privately Smile

Post #309651 Fri Aug 12 2011 4:37pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

eddiek62 wrote:
I have now been looking around for months at cars and most are just not shifting (and neither are their prices!!)

Maybe I've been lucky but i have put all 4 of my personal vehicles up for sale and 3 of them have sold in 6 days.... One to go Mr. Green

Post #309652 Fri Aug 12 2011 4:46pm
gilford

x5pea wrote:
eddiek62 wrote:
I have now been looking around for months at cars and most are just not shifting (and neither are their prices!!)

Maybe I've been lucky but i have put all 4 of my personal vehicles up for sale and 3 of them have sold in 6 days.... One to go Mr. Green

Unless people are pricing keenly to shift quick they are quite happy to have them for sale for a while, especially with sites such as Pistonheads offering free advertising.

Post #309654 Fri Aug 12 2011 4:59pm
juzi_uk

United Kingdom 

I got an overfinch rr sport 05 overfinch
49800 on clock, flsh
Spec:

Full overfinch bodykit, 22" alloys, bentley style two toned quilted seats cream with black
Overfinch steering wheel, lettering and badges
Brembo brakes
Rear tv/dvd
Sunroof
Indoor soft fitted cover i paid £1000 for it
Overfinch engine upgrade
Rest is hse spec like sat nav, xenons, park sensors, heated seats etc

Its only been into parks land rover or overfinch scotland, history is with them, ive spent alot of money on this jeep also i have the overfinch certificates on my name to say its been done by me

I want 26k for it no less as ive checked online mine would be the cheapest mileage spec etc

One thing is iv vinyl wrapped it in white, original is black, i can take it off as i know my paintwork is in excellent conition

If you interested then call otherwise im jus going to px it.. I just want it out my garage as i hardly drive it.. Iv got 4 other cars plus i got a porsche cayenn comming end of sept.

was going to give it in but if you interested let me knw

Regards
Tony range rover vogue 2011
bentley continental ss 2011
mercedes s class 2010

Post #309868 Mon Aug 15 2011 1:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
iandeb66

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Purchaser of RRS HSE TDV8

Just wanted to let everyone know that we collected the RRS for sale by e6ext yesterday and couldn't be happier. Following comments made by the OP earlier in this thread regarding the condition of this vehicle (being the potential buyer through ebay and unable to view the car at this stage as we were on holiday in Wales, we were gutted at his comments on the condition of the vehicle). Spoke to Rob (seller) who was also very dissappointed about the comments and he gave me the option of pulling out of the sale. There are always two sides to a story so i thought it best to return from holiday a day early and go to view the car. WOW what a vehicle, yes there are a couple of marks on the interior trim but all replaceable at negligable cost, the seat bolster has slight wear but i have viewed many light interiors a lot worse, after getting on my hands and knees i could just make out a slight orange peel effect about the size of a 50p (only after Rob had pointed it out to me). For peace of mind i had an RAC inspection, the engineer rang me following his inspection to give his comments, basically he said that the few marks were inlign with the age/mileage of the vehicle, after doing a paint depth test all over the vehicle in his opinion all paintwork is 'as original'. Compressor tested and o.k, his opinoin on the vehicle overall was very good. We obviously all have different expectations of what we can get for our money, and we are over the moon with our new car.
In all of this i feel sorry for Rob (seller) who has been unfairly put in an uncomfortable position, he is a genuinely nice guy who in my opinion didn't deserve to have his (now mine!) car slated on an open forum.
Thanks Rob great doing business with you Thumbs Up just going out to clean it following a 3 hour journey home in the rain last night.

Post #310577 Fri Aug 19 2011 10:28am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Congratulations mate!! I am sure it's a beauty and I'm glad you went to see it and yes Rob sounds like a decent sort of bloke and glad it all worked out well.

Some advice....get the car detailed by a pro. It will be the best £300-£400 you'll ever spend on a car and it will def give it that new car feel...

Get some pics up when you get a chance Thumbs Up

Post #310578 Fri Aug 19 2011 10:32am
Jonny Fresh

England 

e6ext............... 1..................rrs searcher.............. nil

Laughing

Post #310579 Fri Aug 19 2011 10:36am
gilford

This just proves that the OP has far too high expectations for what he is willing to pay Neutral

May I suggest that he save up a bit more to get the "mint" car he is after, otherwise he is going to be up and down the country for a long time only to be disappointed Embarassed

Post #310581 Fri Aug 19 2011 10:43am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Maybe RR Searcher works for BCA

They sent through their vehicle inspection booklet with "acceptable" wear and tear on a 90k mile car.... jeeeesus... it's costing me £600 in bodyshop fee's to sort it out before they come in a fortnight... (this is one of my VW lease vehicles) RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #310605 Fri Aug 19 2011 2:08pm
e6ext

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Re: Purchaser of RRS HSE TDV8

I would love to say it was a pleasure Ian Very Happy . but although in some resect i am glad it has moved on so i can get my new car. in aotherways its a shame that i had to let it go so cheap (but thats great for you)

anyway congratulations with your buy and thanks for your kind words and for having the nuts to make your own decisions instead of listening to a certain person who clearly understands very little and loves to scaremonger and put a damper on someone elses attempts to sell a vehicle on a public forum.

ive said it many times i think you found the best vlue RRS in the uk there. enjoy it

iandeb66 wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that we collected the RRS for sale by e6ext yesterday and couldn't be happier. Following comments made by the OP earlier in this thread regarding the condition of this vehicle (being the potential buyer through ebay and unable to view the car at this stage as we were on holiday in Wales, we were gutted at his comments on the condition of the vehicle). Spoke to Rob (seller) who was also very dissappointed about the comments and he gave me the option of pulling out of the sale. There are always two sides to a story so i thought it best to return from holiday a day early and go to view the car. WOW what a vehicle, yes there are a couple of marks on the interior trim but all replaceable at negligable cost, the seat bolster has slight wear but i have viewed many light interiors a lot worse, after getting on my hands and knees i could just make out a slight orange peel effect about the size of a 50p (only after Rob had pointed it out to me). For peace of mind i had an RAC inspection, the engineer rang me following his inspection to give his comments, basically he said that the few marks were inlign with the age/mileage of the vehicle, after doing a paint depth test all over the vehicle in his opinion all paintwork is 'as original'. Compressor tested and o.k, his opinoin on the vehicle overall was very good. We obviously all have different expectations of what we can get for our money, and we are over the moon with our new car.
In all of this i feel sorry for Rob (seller) who has been unfairly put in an uncomfortable position, he is a genuinely nice guy who in my opinion didn't deserve to have his (now mine!) car slated on an open forum.
Thanks Rob great doing business with you Thumbs Up just going out to clean it following a 3 hour journey home in the rain last night.

Post #310615 Fri Aug 19 2011 3:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

gilford wrote:
This just proves that the OP ......

.... was a pleb Rolling with laughter

Post #310622 Fri Aug 19 2011 4:49pm
Arikotie

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
range tdv8 autobiography for sale

hi got a range rover sport autobiography converted for sale on autotrader £33945 have a look. cheers

Post #310658 Sat Aug 20 2011 1:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567