RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Has anyone used Proflow exhausts or can recommend?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sherlock

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Has anyone used Proflow exhausts or can recommend?

Hi guys

I am looking to buy a rear exhaust system to improve the looks of my TDV8 and also improve both sound and airflow above the standard fitment.

I have seen Proflow on eBay along with many others for under £500 fitted but wondered if anyone has used them or know of them or of any alternatives/suggestions please? TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx
20" HST alloys, Privacy glass, Side steps, Xenon Adaptive Lighting, Adaptive cruise control

Post #329974 Sat Jan 28 2012 11:17pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I don't know anything about Proflow, but check out a recent post on here by Johnnyopolis re his Miltek system, fitted by AMD Thumbs Up
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic25315.html?highlight=miltek ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #329978 Sat Jan 28 2012 11:56pm
sherlock

Beancounter_74 wrote:
I don't know anything about Proflow, but check out a recent post on here by Johnnyopolis re his Miltek system, fitted by AMD Thumbs Up
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic25315.html?highlight=miltek

Yeah I read this but remember the pipes cost approx £850 vs the £500 for Proflow. Ta anyway TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx
20" HST alloys, Privacy glass, Side steps, Xenon Adaptive Lighting, Adaptive cruise control

Post #329980 Sun Jan 29 2012 12:01am
felstmiester

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

From what I remember powerflow are or was a company that would sub there work out to different companies all over the country. We used to have a powerflow/car shop in harlow near me and the exhaust fabricators there was pants. On the other hand there was one a few more miles away in maldon and there work was very good.
This was over 10 years ago so prob totally different now. Plus the one's your lookin at on eBay are not actually a custom job so will prob be ok. I dare say the is made of thinner guage stainless vs the tho, but hey! Your saving nearly £400. Thumbs Up

Post #330018 Sun Jan 29 2012 3:41pm
sherlock

felstmiester wrote:
From what I remember powerflow are or was a company that would sub there work out to different companies all over the country. We used to have a powerflow/car shop in harlow near me and the exhaust fabricators there was pants. On the other hand there was one a few more miles away in maldon and there work was very good.
This was over 10 years ago so prob totally different now. Plus the one's your lookin at on eBay are not actually a custom job so will prob be ok. I dare say the is made of thinner guage stainless vs the tho, but hey! Your saving nearly £400. Thumbs Up

Thats helpful and worth knowing. Much appreciated. TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #330019 Sun Jan 29 2012 3:54pm
Ballsy

I had a custom powerflow on one of my old cars, I was very pleased with the results. Looked and sounded exactly how I wanted it to.
Never had any bother with it the whole time i had the car, depends which garage you goto tho because I heard some not so nice things said about a local company that was doing them, they lost the right to use the powerflow name after lots of people complained.

Post #330033 Sun Jan 29 2012 5:48pm
sherlock

That's great to hear Ballsy. Did you have a custom or off the shelf config. How much did you pay approx and was it a full or just rear system?

Sorry for questions. TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #330034 Sun Jan 29 2012 5:51pm
Ballsy

I can't remember how much it was, I think it came in around £300.
It was a good few years ago now, it was a full system from the manifold back

Post #330039 Sun Jan 29 2012 6:18pm
sherlock

Ballsy wrote:
I can't remember how much it was, I think it came in around £300.
It was a good few years ago now, it was a full system from the manifold back

Ok cool TDV8 HSE, Remap (+45 BHP + 100 Nm), Taylored sport exhaust system by Pipe Werx

Post #330045 Sun Jan 29 2012 6:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1