RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Purchasing from a Distance - Some Experiences
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Purchasing from a Distance - Some Experiences

As for my last two Land Rovers i bought my new RRS from a distance using mainly email and telephone ..

I have to say the folowing dealers stood out a country mile in terms of service and reactivity .

1. Lakeland Landrover
2. Conwy Land rover
3. Guy Salmon Gatwick

These guys all worked very hard ... particularly liked Conwys approach of recording videos of the car and sendling a link... its the future .

Guy Salmon Gatwick worked really hard with the sales manager looking after me directly rather than passing me to one of his sales team ... I would certainly call him next time around.

Lakeland won through due to a mix of price and good customer service and its great to deal with a company where the DP owns the company. Also got sent through MY2012 specs which allowed me to make an informed decision. Plenty of photos of the car in question.

Nil Points for GS Knutsford never replied to emails regarding their demonstrators ... must be too busy with the Cheshire Set to want to bother with distance selling. As my folks live 15 miles away they would have been really convenient but if they don't contact you back you can't do business.

Not that impressed by one of our local dealers Frank Ogg arranged to go and see a showroom car with the salesman who was too busy to phone me and let me know it had sold in the morning.. cue a wasted journey.

The worst experience were with VW dealers we had a look at Touaregs as well... great engine ...terrible dealers with one exception in Chester. Most never called back one even said we don't sell to many large 4x4s they are a bit out of fashion... 2011 MY- RRS HSE - Zermatt -Ebony-Piano .... its a monochrome world

2006- BMW Z4M Roadster -Titanium Silver

Club - Ex Defender & Disco 3

Post #306880 Thu Jul 21 2011 12:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My last 2 cars have been "distance" purchased as none of the local LR dealers would even discuss a discount (including the dealer I had previously bought 6 other cars from) Kam100 put me in touch with a dealership in west London who we are all familiar with and now I'm about to take delivery of my 3rd purchase through them and this one was bought totally blind as at the time of signing on the dotted line even LPR hadn't seen a car on their showroom floor 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #311465 Thu Aug 25 2011 9:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Really, Conwy LR? They are my local dealer and I have had nothing but trouble with them Censored

I first went there January 2010 after the first bout of snow. I was a cash buyer who wanted an RRS in the region of £35k. They had an S/C in the showroom I liked for £32k so I asked if I could take it out and they said no Shocked I was then told I could take a FFRR S/C out to "see what the engine was like"! I did, and went on a short motorway run. Flicking through the onboard computer I went to mpg and and saw it doing 12mpg, I then turned to the salesman in the back and asked, jokingly, what does this do to the gallon? He replied 25-30mpg on a run Rolling with laughter

I left my business card and was told someone would ring me the next day regarding the RRS and they would bring it over to my office for me to see later in the week (WTF?).

I never heard anything again.......................

This January I went back to give them one more chance and the exact same thing happened again, I just walked out in the end Censored

Dont get me started on the service dept...................... Whistle

Post #311513 Thu Aug 25 2011 1:13pm
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

In regards to buying over the phone, I've had mixed experiences.

Bought a 911 C4s from OPC Glasgow over the phone, they delivered it and was initially happy. Took it to OPC Chester for a squeeking noise and ended up having £4k's worth of work done, all paid for by Glasgow OPC Laughing

Bought an E60 M5 off a barrister over the phone and got it brought up via low loader (I was very busy at the time), perfect transaction and the car was superb!

Bought an E92 M3 over the phone off Cooper Thames Ditton BMW and when the car arrived, it was mint, but had done 3k miles more than advertised Censored

Moral of the story, BE CAREFUL Thumbs Up

Post #311514 Thu Aug 25 2011 1:19pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Guy Salmon Gatwick Thumbs Up

Lookers Park Royal all the way next time though Mr. Green L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #311611 Thu Aug 25 2011 11:21pm
Lookers Park Royal

will_wonka wrote:
Lookers Park Royal all the way next time though Mr. Green

I like the sound of that! Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #311619 Fri Aug 26 2011 6:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1