RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > If the police did this to my car Id be a bit cross.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

mse

United Kingdom 

THis is old - but im sorry the whole event at the time highlighted this was excessive thuggary of the police, whilst the guy wasnt an angel - the police were worse...high speed chase below the speed limit...get a grip Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #306693 Tue Jul 19 2011 11:38pm
webb

United Kingdom 

Siberianfox wrote:
Think it was something to do with FFRR drivers thinking there above the law and not wearing a seatbelt. .... Or maybe it was just because they drove past him and he had his nose in the air like he was better than everybody else because he had a FFRR... Whistle

(athough id like to add I always wore my seat belt when i had mine and not the Censored attitude most FFRR have, a few owners who are on here are exempt from the above)

that's harsh Big Cry

Post #306758 Wed Jul 20 2011 11:14am
Jonny Fresh

England 

I don't like the police at all in this country, they Censored me off no end......

Just yesterday I was behind a police car on the motorway changing lanes many times without indicated (no blue lights on, just driving around) this is a pet hate of mine.

Every motoring experience I have ever had with the police has been a bad one, they are always so rude and unprofessional, and every time I regale my stories to friends, they say its because I am younger and in a flash motor.

Recently, picking my girlfriend up from Take That in Manchester I had a policeman knock on my window and say "move your Censored car you tosser!", I thought, wonderful, our tax £s at work, I called him something worse back!

Post #306761 Wed Jul 20 2011 11:42am
0cj0

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:
I don't like the police at all in this country, they Censored me off no end......

Just yesterday I was behind a police car on the motorway changing lanes many times without indicated (no blue lights on, just driving around) this is a pet hate of mine.

Every motoring experience I have ever had with the police has been a bad one, they are always so rude and unprofessional, and every time I regale my stories to friends, they say its because I am younger and in a flash motor.

Recently, picking my girlfriend up from Take That in Manchester I had a policeman knock on my window and say "move your Censored car you tosser!", I thought, wonderful, our tax £s at work, I called him something worse back!

Jonny in the nicest possible way I'm glad to hear your woes with the police, I now know that its not just me Laughing

I had to sell my 911 because I was getting stopped on average twice a week, once because I had a dirty rear number plate, which i was made to clean on the spot with my socks Big Cry Laughing ... I was on the way to see a customer in a cream suit stood road side taking my shoes off for the police to clean my "dirty" rear number plate, makes me smile now but at the time ...

I hate traffic police.

Post #306767 Wed Jul 20 2011 12:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:

collar number and official complaint, no question Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #306774 Wed Jul 20 2011 2:13pm
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

0cj0 wrote:

I had to sell my 911 because I was getting stopped on average twice a week, once because I had a dirty rear number plate, which i was made to clean on the spot with my socks Big Cry Laughing ... I was on the way to see a customer in a cream suit stood road side taking my shoes off for the police to clean my "dirty" rear number plate, makes me smile now but at the time ...

I hate traffic police.

Cream Suit and 911...... I didnt know the man from Del Monte was a forum member !!!! Rolling with laughter Smile

Post #306877 Thu Jul 21 2011 12:05pm
andy r

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zambezi Silver

Never really had an issue with the police, I know people who have had issues and know how they react in certain situations, Johnny, in your situation the coppers behaviour was unacceptable and you should have taken his number and reported him for the abuse, but that will probably bring about the fact that you where parked where you shouldn't have been !
I'm not saying I'm a saint or anything like that..............people only have issues with the police when they get caught Whistle Whistle Whistle and the last time I got done was speeding........they had me on video decelerating from 142 mph going up Telegraph Hill near Exeter, when I realised they where there I just pulled in asap and put my hands up to it non of the bravado you see on the box. The best bit was they didnt have a firm fix on my speed only the initial fix on video which wasnt enough Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 3 points and fixed penalty fine Thumbs Up 08 2.7 RRS "S"
Td5 110......very modified
RS 5
Kawasaki ZX12R Censored me, it's quick !

Post #306881 Thu Jul 21 2011 12:40pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Another lucky git Wink Thats you and foxy, I'm glad i don't speed Thumbs Up

Post #306882 Thu Jul 21 2011 12:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Jonny,i'd have been tempted to just politely say" I earn £100K+ have a beautiful RRS and girlfriend,you however are working nights on £6/hr and you think I'm a tosser ???
Rolling with laughter MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #306883 Thu Jul 21 2011 12:56pm
webb

United Kingdom 

I was stopped once as a young boy in my merc 190 many years ago. apparantly I fitted the description of someone they were looking for. They asked how I could afford a motor like this at my age ! Told them none of their business ! Just got a producer for doing nothing wrong.

Funny thing was ,when I got a cosworth merc 190 and probably looked like a hard drug dealer, I was never hassled again...................... Whistle

To be honest, it comes with being young & jealousy. I've had bank staff treat me the same when taking rather a lot of cash in once as a young man. I was nearly arrested for trying to launder money Rolling with laughter
For some reason you're not allowed to be young & loaded without someone wanting to have a dig.

It gets better with age Thumbs Up

Post #306885 Thu Jul 21 2011 1:21pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

webb wrote:
I was stopped once as a young boy in my merc 190 many years ago. apparantly I fitted the description of someone they were looking for.

I've also had this.........."you fit the description of someone we were looking for"

As for taking collar number and reporting swearing copper......my word against his, who'd win that one Rolling Eyes

Also had similar experiences in banks......they want 32 forms of ID and a blood sample when they don't think you should have that much money Laughing

Post #306889 Thu Jul 21 2011 2:08pm
andy r

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zambezi Silver

Afternoon Stable.... 08 2.7 RRS "S"
Td5 110......very modified
RS 5
Kawasaki ZX12R Censored me, it's quick !

Post #306892 Thu Jul 21 2011 3:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Quote:
As for taking collar number and reporting swearing copper......my word against his, who'd win that one

Its still something you should do - you would be surprised. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #306895 Thu Jul 21 2011 3:58pm
webb

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:
I've also had this.........."you fit the description of someone we were looking for"

As for taking collar number and reporting swearing copper......my word against his, who'd win that one Rolling Eyes

Also had similar experiences in banks......they want 32 forms of ID and a blood sample when they don't think you should have that much money Laughing

Talking of twits who feel they need to judge, I had the opposite effect on someone not so long ago.

Middle of the day, doorbell goes & it's some twit trying to sell me electric or something. Before he got started he just looked at me, paused for a bit and said "oh, do you rent ?" I quickly thought and said "ah yes, sorry mate the landlord deals with all that". He was happy & left.
Basically he saw my house, saw me & just presumed I couldn't own it.
I've used that twice now on unwanted callers and without an argument or them trying to convince I should buy whatever they're selling off they trot - quite good really and gives me a chuckle Thumbs Up

Post #306897 Thu Jul 21 2011 4:37pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

webb wrote:
Jonny Fresh wrote:

Talking of twits who feel they need to judge, I had the opposite effect on someone not so long ago.

Middle of the day, doorbell goes & it's some twit trying to sell me electric or something. Before he got started he just looked at me, paused for a bit and said "oh, do you rent ?" I quickly thought and said "ah yes, sorry mate the landlord deals with all that". He was happy & left.
Basically he saw my house, saw me & just presumed I couldn't own it.
I've used that twice now on unwanted callers and without an argument or them trying to convince I should buy whatever they're selling off they trot - quite good really and gives me a chuckle Thumbs Up

Good one - ive also put on an unintelligible foreign accent. They soon get bored!! FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #306904 Thu Jul 21 2011 5:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>