3.2 Exterior Changes
3.3 Interior Changes
3.4 Audio Systems and Infotainment
3.5 Exterior Paint Colours
4.0 Standard Feature Changes by Derivative
Range Prices
12MY RANGE ROVER SPORT PRODUCT BRIEF
Programme Overview
The Range Rover Sport reaffirms its status as the most exciting and dynamic member of the Land Rover range with a comprehensive package of engineering and design changes for 12MY.
Subtle changes to Range Rover Sport's appearance signal transformation under the skin. Changes include an uprated and renamed SDV6 3.0 diesel delivering 255hp and the introduction of an 8-speed automatic transmission for SDV6 derivatives only, which is operated by the Drive Select rotary shift system. PaddleShift now features as standard across the range.
The rear tailgate has been redesigned to a single-piece design which allows for power operation, either from the fascia, the tailgate itself or the updated smart key.
Other introductions include the latest Gen 2.1 in car entertainment system with increased performance, functionality and the introduction of a dual view screen option.
And there are two new alloy wheels introduced for the Supercharged and the SDV6 and Supercharged Autobiography Sport derivatives, outstanding designs which will help support the premium position of these derivatives.
12MY underlines Range Rover Sport's position of the definitive luxury sports tourer, defined by exceptional on-road dynamics, class leading comfort and outstanding breadth of capability.
2.0 Programme Timing and Key Dates
Embargo Date 6 July
First Order Call Week commencing 23 May
Start of Production 22 August
Web Update 5 August
Start of Sales October
3.0 Product Overview
3.1 Powertrain
3.1.1 Diesel Engine
Range Rover Sport 12MY aims to improve the fuel economy and reduce the CO2 emissions of the 3.0 diesel derivatives.
The renamed SDV6 3.0 engine benefits from a power output increase from 245hp to 255hp. The extra power improves the 0-60mph acceleration time by 0.3mph/second*.
The CO2 figure for the SDV6 255hp engine with the 8-speed transmission is reduced from 244g/km to 230g/km*. Fuel economy is also improved.
Performance, economy, power and torque data for SDV6 and Supercharged engines. 11MY 180kW engine data is shown for comparison purposes. Please note that the above table shows manufacturer's estimated data – figures will be updated as soon as final confirmed data is available.
3.1.2 8-Speed Transmission with Drive Select
To support the introduction of the new 8-speed automatic transmission, all SDV6 derivatives will now feature the Drive Select rotary shift system, a new Terrain Response® selector and steering wheel mounted PaddleShift.
SDV6 Centre Console with Drive Select and new Terrain Response® Switch
3.2 Exterior Changes
Power tailgate
The introduction of the Power Tailgate has led to a design change for the tailgate area, leading to:

Repositioned graphics / new rear end badging strategy (details in the 12MY Pricing and Order Guide)

A new tailgate finisher in Dark Atlas for SDV6 SE, Atlas for all other derivatives.
12MY Rear ¾ View
3.2.2 Power Tailgate – Operational Detail
In response to customer feedback, a Power Tailgate is to be introduced for Range Rover Sport from 12MY. The tailgate design changes to a single-piece design from the current "split design" to allow for the power functionality.
Power Tailgate will feature as standard for all derivatives. Operation is as follows:
Opening: either via a button on the facia, via the smart key or via a button on the tailgate
Closing: either through the tailgate button or smart key.
Lift Height Adjustment: The tailgate height can be adjusted by the user manually overriding the lift and holding the tailgate at the desired height

Pressing the tailgate button for 10 seconds will memorise the height and angle of lift

On the next power tailgate operation, tailgate will only raise as high as the height set

Height can be manually overidden i.e. where second driver is taller and wants tailgate higher. However, the vehicle will memorise the previously set height until the height adjustment process is repeated.
Changes to Front Finishes for SDV6 SE
Finishes on the front of the SDV6 SE are changed to give an updated look for 12MY, details as follows:

Dark atlas grille

Gloss black grille surround

Gloss black lamp inners

Dark colour atlas tow-eye cover

Body door handles

Gloss black fender vent surround

Dark atlas fender vent mesh

Noble plated fender vent fingers

Atlas bonnet badges
New Front Finishes – SDV6 SE
3.2.4 Changes to Front Finishes – for SDV6 HSE and Supercharged
Finishes on the front of the SDV6 HSE and Supercharged are changed to give an updated look for 12MY, details as follows:

Atlas grille

Gloss black lamp inners

Atlas tow-eye cover (S/C only)

Body colour door handles

Atlas fender vent mesh

Noble plated fender vent fingers

Atlas bonnet badges
New Front Finishes – HSE, Supercharged
3.2.5 Changes to Front Finishes – SDV6 and Supercharged Autobiography Sport
Finishes on the front of the Autobiography Sport derivatives are changed to give an updated look for 12MY, details as follows:

Atlas grille

Noble plate frame

Gloss black lamp inners

Atlas tow-eye cover

Body colour door handles

Atlas fender vent mesh

Noble plated fender vent bar

Atlas bonnet badges
New Front Finishes - Autobiography
3.2.6 Changes to Front Finishes – Exterior Design Pack Option
Finishes for the front of the exterior design pack option are changed to give an updated look for 12MY, details as follows:

Gloss black grille

Noble plate frame

Gloss black lamp inners

Atlas tow-eye cover

Body colour door handles

Gloss black fender vent mesh

Noble plated fender vent bar

Atlas bonnet badges
Exterior Design Pack Option
.2.7 Wheels
A new 9-Spoke 20" Style 9 wheel is introduced for the Supercharged derivative. The wheel is painted in Sparkle Silver and finished in a high gloss lacquer.
New 20" 9-Spoke for Supercharged Note: Range Rover centre cap not shown
A new Polished 20" 9-split spoke Style 10 wheel is introduced as standard fitment to both Autobiography Sport derivatives.
New 20" Polished 9 Split-Spoke
Autobiography Sport Wheel
For all derivatives, the wheel centre caps change to a design featuring the Range Rover logo.
3.3 Interior Changes
3.3.1 SDV6 Gearshift and Terrain Response
The gearshift and Terrain Response switch module changes for SDV6 vehicles from 12MY to allow for the addition of 8-speed automatic transmission and the Drive Select rotary shift system.
The change details are as follows:

Noble plated Terrain Response control/gearshift control bezel and Electronic Park Brake recess

Noble plated Electronic Park Brake handle

Meteor painted console top moulding

Gloss black cup-holder roller-shutter with noble plated handles

The gearshift and Terrain Response switch module for Supercharged vehicles remains as per the 11MY condition.
Gearshift and Terrain Response Switch Module
3.3.2 New Steering Wheel Stalks
The picture below shows the changes made to the design of the column stalks to improve the legibility of the symbols which brings Range Rover Sport in-line with those planned for other Range Rover models.
New and improved column stalks featuring bright bezel detail
3.3.3 New Option: Ebony Morzine Upper Headlining
A new option of Ebony Morzine headlining is introduced from 12MY.
Available on all derivatives and most colourways (please refer to colour and trim section in 12MY Pricing and Order Guide for details).
Ivory Morzine continues to be the standard condition.
3.3.4 New Compact Smart Key
At 12MY, a smaller and more premium design compact Smart Key will be introduced featuring the Range Rover logo on the reverse side and a bright trim edge design. The key has a smooth pebble like feel and will provide full functionality with lock, unlock, tailgate release, hazards and lights on operation.
Smaller Compact Smart Key
3.3.5 Timed Climate with optional Remote
The Timed Climate feature (previously known as Park Heating) has been improved to include a seven-day timer operated via the vehicle's touch-screen display. The seven-day timer allows for the personalisation of the vehicle climate settings.
From 12MY, the Timed Climate feature is available for all SDV6 derivatives both with and without remote control.
Timed Climate with Remote Control continues to feature as standard for SDV6 Autobiography Sport.
7 Day Timer functionality for Timed Climate
3.4 Audio Systems and Infotainment
Significant advancements have been made to the audio systems and In Car Entertainment (ICE) technologies from 12MY. These improvements have been enabled through the introduction of new Gen 2.1 MOST electrical architecture. From 12MY the audio systems have been revised as follows:

The harman kardon® audio system benefits from a power increase from 240W to 380W and two additional speakers to make a total of 11 speakers. The harman kardon® system is fitted as standard to SDV6 SE, SDV6 HSE and Supercharged derivatives.

The harman kardon® Logic 7 Surround Sound system has been improved to feature 17 speakers and an astonishing 825W of power (compared to 480W and 14 speakers for the 11MY system). This system is fitted as standard to Autobiography Sport derivatives and is optional for SDV6 SE, SDV6 HSE and Supercharged.
Both feature a single slot CD player with MP3 capability and allow for full control of the audio system features via the revised touchscreen. Additional features include:

Compatibility with DVD Audio and MP3 DVD playback. DVD Audio discs provide higher resolution and performance over CD.

Virtual CD Auto Changer function which allows for up to 10 CDs to be downloaded to the hard-disc drive in an uncompressed, lossless format. The hard-disc is equipped with Gracenotes so that CD’s and tracks can be identified and stored.

Portable Audio Connectivity allows streaming and control of audio files from iPod and USB. Apple iPod connectivity is achieved using the standard iPod USB lead which plugs directly into one of the two USB ports located beneath the centre console lid.
Standard for all derivatives
Portable Audio Connectivity Connections
All derivatives feature Bluetooth audio streaming which allows music to be played through the audio system via the Bluetooth connection.
Navigation System
A number of feature improvements and benefits have been added to the HDD Navigation System. The information display has been improved with the introduction of a contemporary design of information screens while the 'Home' page now provides clear information in a modern and aesthetically pleasing layout.
Revised Touchscreen display
The functionality and operation of the navigation system is the same as 11MY.
A new process has been developed for updating the hard-disc drive navigation map data via either a regional
DVD disc or USB device and can be performed at the dealership.
The navigation system continues to feature voice activation, TMC traffic messaging (market infrastructure dependent), 4x4 information and off-road navigation.
"Say What You See" Voice Activation
'Say-What-You-See' Voice Activation helps the driver learn voice commands by displaying them in the touchscreen.
The commands are displayed in "step-by-step" format, with the first step showing the different devices that can be controlled (e.g. phone, navigation, etc) and the second step showing the different voice commands for that device e.g. for phone: "call contact", "dial number", "dial voicemail".
Once a user is familiar with the system and has remembered some of the voice commands e.g. "phone" and then "dial voice tag" it will be possible to say these commands together as a shortcut, without waiting for the next step e.g. "phone dial voice tag".
Speech control of the following devices is supported:

Phone (including dialling a name without needing to store a voice tag first).

Navigation (including Destination Entry by Voice).

USB/iPod - Basic control (On/Off, Mix On/Mix Off).

CD/Virtual CD Changer.

Radio.

DAB

Aux - Basic control (Select as audio source).

Rear Entertainment - Basic control (Allows front user to turn it off, if fitted).

Notepad.

Voice Settings/Tutorial (learning how to use the system).
Once the user has activated the speech system using the PTT (Push-to-Talk) button on the steering wheel they are presented, initially, with a main menu page, from which they can say their preferred selection. The graphical menu then updates to display the next set of appropriate commands. These menus continue to lead the user through an interaction flow until they have completed the task of their choice entirely through a speech interaction.
Say What You See Voice Activation
Examples of redesigned touchscreen graphics
Rear Sear Entertainment and WhiteFire™ Headphones
Following the same strategy as the current vehicle, Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) is an available option for all derivatives.
A single slot DVD drive is situated in the audio head unit so the disc is conveniently loaded from within the cabin by driver or front passenger.
Screens are housed in re-shaped front seat headrests and screen size has been increased to 8 inches.
The audio is delivered by two pairs of wireless WhiteFire™ headphones. WhiteFire™ is a new standard for the delivery of uncompressed audio data to achieve the highest quality sound.
The WhiteFire™ system can also deliver more than one audio channel simultaneously.
The system can be controlled by the touch-screen wireless remote control and allows for the display and connection of games consoles and video playback of MP4 files stored on a USB memory stick or other portable storage device is also possible.
WhiteFireTM emitter mounted in the roof headlining. Self coloured gloss black lens.
The RSE system is operated via a new touch-screen, wireless remote control, the docking station for which is housed in the rear armrest. The release latch is Noble plated while the lid to the remote housing is finished in the same material and colour as the armrest.
Rear Armrest Infotainment Remote control stowage
12MY - Front Head restraints with New DVD Bezel
TFT Display - Audio and Navigation Information
From 12MY, the TFT display within the instrument panel will display audio system information, phone book information and navigation directional symbols.
Examples of screens and information displayed by the new IP TFT display
Bluetooth Telephone System
The functionality of the phone system remains the same as 11MY although the phonebook facility in the vehicle has significantly increased in capacity from 12MY. The actual capacity is variable and depends on the type of phone and how many characters and single or multiple entries that it holds. However, the scale of increase into the vehicle's phonebook capacity has grown from around 700 entries at 11MY to multiple thousands from 12MY.
Dual View Screen Option
12MY also introduces dual view screen technology to Range Rover Sport for the first time with the introduction of a Dual View Touch Screen option. The dual view option includes one set of WhiteFire® headphones.
Exterior Paint Colours
For information relating to paint availability, please refer to Bulletin number A1541 on dealer portal. The Range Rover Sport 12MY UK Pricing and Order Guide details the latest 12MY paint offering.
4.0 Standard Feature Changes by Derivative
SDV6 SE
SDV6 HSE
SDV6 Autobiography
Supercharged
Supercharged Autobiography
Add
8 Speed Auto
Drive Select
Paddle Shift
255hp SDV6
Power Tailgate
Gen 2.1 ICE
2x USB Connectivity
DAB Radio
Add
8 Speed Auto
Drive Select
Paddle Shift
255hp SDV6
Power Tailgate
Gen 2.1 ICE
2x USB Connectivity
Add
8 Speed Auto
Drive Select
255hp SDV6
Power Tailgate
Gen 2.1 ICE
2x USB Connectivity
20" Polished Autobiography Alloy Wheel
Add
Power Tailgate
Gen 2.1 ICE
2x USB Connectivity
20" 9-Spoke Alloy Wheel
Add
Power Tailgate
Gen 2.1 ICE
2x USB Connectivity
20" Polished Autobiography Alloy Wheel
5.0 Range Prices EngineModelListCO2VATP11D VED First YearOn the CodeCodePriceOffset20%PriceRate &Road PriceCharge1st RegistrationFee3.0SDV6SETRVH250DB£39,858.33£100.00£7,991.67£47,950.00£845£48,795.00HSETRVH250DC£45,858.33£100.00£9,191.67£55,150.00£845£55,995.00Autobiography SportTRVH250DL£54,775.00£100.00£10,975.00£65,850.00£845£66,695.005.0 SuperchargedSuperchargedSQVH250DI£55,035.00£165.00£11,040.00£66,240.00£1,055£67,295.00Autobiography SportSQVH250DN£61,118.33£165.00£12,256.67£73,540.00£1,055£74,595.00
Ref: A1579 Issue Date: 18.05.11 Author: Colin Wells Email: product2@landrover.com
Location: Product ► Range Rover Sport ► Range Rover Sport Information
Land Rover, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 ORR, UK. Registered in England and Wales Number: 4019301 301

Post #305371 Thu Jul 07 2011 3:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oldcro

Scotland 

I want one, no I need one Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Post #305374 Thu Jul 07 2011 3:29pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Good news all round and so what about the one piece rear boot......I like the different height settings...

Dual View Sat Nav Screen too...very cool.

All good Thumbs Up

Post #305376 Thu Jul 07 2011 3:32pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm soooo tempted to order one....
Divorce
New RRS
Divorce
New RRS
Divorce
New RRS Question Question Question
New RRS will = Divorce
Its a win win situation Thumbs Up

Post #305380 Thu Jul 07 2011 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

It's very tempting but as nice as it will be, I'm holding off for my Bentley....albeit second hand, just fancy a Speed...

Post #305381 Thu Jul 07 2011 3:40pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Certainly sounds like some good improvements. Still not convinced about a single part tailgate though.
Think I'll wait till 2013 for the completely new model if I don't make the move to the Fullfat first Confused 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #305389 Thu Jul 07 2011 4:46pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Sounds nice - im liking the 8 speed box. Had this on the FF I had last month and its the danglies ! FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #305392 Thu Jul 07 2011 4:59pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I dont like the central console or the split tailgate - but everything else is good.

Still waiting for the 2013 new version.

I should probably ask my sources, but are they doing the allegiance upgrade of the infotainment system (eg upgrading the 11my customers software) Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #305396 Thu Jul 07 2011 5:36pm
chrisrrs59

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

when will we be able to order one would like to order a hse spec RRS 2010 model in Bali blue
Hse Spec with rear camera side steps
tinted windows

Audi A4 2008 Red with 19 inch wheels chrome mirrors tinted windows

Post #305400 Thu Jul 07 2011 6:05pm
oldcro

Scotland 

Thanks James, you've just made my MY11 look so out of date. :bulb:

New model has all the extras I wish were on mine.

Does it come with a powered sliding load floor as mine is manually operated? Joke Rolling with laughter

Post #305408 Thu Jul 07 2011 6:53pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

That rear end is pants ! FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #305409 Thu Jul 07 2011 7:11pm
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Foxy is going to the dealers On Saturday to have a little chat with them..... Whistle
Anyone want to buy a Siberian silver?
One careful ladyower Rolling with laughter Smile

Post #305411 Thu Jul 07 2011 7:24pm
Lookers Park Royal

Dealers will have ordered their first 2x batches for late Sept/early Oct (well we have anyway!) Whistle so should be able to spec-change available slots without too much shift in build date. My order is in Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #305424 Thu Jul 07 2011 8:30pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Siberianfox wrote:
Foxy is going to the dealers On Saturday to have a little chat with them..... Whistle
Anyone want to buy a Siberian silver?
One careful ladyower Rolling with laughter

If your going early sat morning, i will come with you Thumbs Up

Post #305426 Thu Jul 07 2011 8:34pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Drum roll please!!.............

James Thumbs Up

Cheers for the pics james i couldn't work out how to download them Thumbs Up

Post #305428 Thu Jul 07 2011 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>