RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Hi and Opinions wanted :)
Which Car to get ( factor in value for money )
TDV6
35%
 35%  [5]
TDV8
64%
 64%  [9]
Total Votes: 14

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Oz Sport

Australia 
Hi and Opinions wanted :)

Hi,

I have just joined your site, but am a member of many other forums ( mainly automotive ) and would like to say how awesome and informative you site is ! ( been reading for a few days )

I am looking at getting a RRS (upto 08 ) and would like everyones opinions on the plus and minuses of the TDV6 or the TDV8.

I will want one with all the fruit ( Sat Nav, Sunroof ... ) and so i know the pricing becomes similar as i try find a 6 with all the options ...

I will be doing some regional driving and a very little amount of beach ( dont have to, but might ) , my wifes fold also have a 170 Ha farm that I may drive around every so often as well.

If I got the 6 i would chip it for tune, unlikely for the 8 as it has plenty from what I hear ...

Any info on reliability issues , need for Brembos , dynamic pack issues would be great ...

Thanks for all the help guys Smile

Post #305135 Wed Jul 06 2011 4:11am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

TDv8 will be miles ahead of the old 2.7 V6, i had the 2.7 and whilst it was ok, compared to the TDv8 it will seem pedestrian.
Yes you could get it chipped, but it will not have the same low down grunt and V8 sound Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #305187 Wed Jul 06 2011 11:16am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Zilch wrote:
TDv8 will be miles ahead of the old 2.7 V6, i had the 2.7 and whilst it was ok, compared to the TDv8 it will seem pedestrian.
Yes you could get it chipped, but it will not have the same low down grunt and V8 sound

Plus the people behind will not need to cough up soot for the coming 6 months...........had my D3 chipped and although great fun, threw out more crap than the proposed Thames Water super sewer Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #305289 Wed Jul 06 2011 10:29pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Will leaving the people behind in all the smoke and soot is half the fun of owning an oil burner, especially if they are in a cabriolet Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #305311 Thu Jul 07 2011 6:06am
JONRRS

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Re: Hi and Opinions wanted :)

Oz Sport wrote:
Hi,

I have just joined your site, but am a member of many other forums ( mainly automotive ) and would like to say how awesome and informative you site is ! ( been reading for a few days )

I am looking at getting a RRS (upto 08 ) and would like everyones opinions on the plus and minuses of the TDV6 or the TDV8.

I will want one with all the fruit ( Sat Nav, Sunroof ... ) and so i know the pricing becomes similar as i try find a 6 with all the options ...

I will be doing some regional driving and a very little amount of beach ( dont have to, but might ) , my wifes fold also have a 170 Ha farm that I may drive around every so often as well.

If I got the 6 i would chip it for tune, unlikely for the 8 as it has plenty from what I hear ...

Any info on reliability issues , need for Brembos , dynamic pack issues would be great ...

Thanks for all the help guys Smile

Whats your budget?

I was looking at a TDV8 MY08, as they come standard with Xenon, Nav and Premium Leather. But dealers were still asking $80k for them.....

After a bit of looking around I found getting a brand new 3.0 TDV6 though $20k more was worth it - full warranty for 5 years, new dash, exterior, Satnav, bluetooth and many other things standard over the first generation. TDv8 has now been discontinued as the TDV6 almost has as much power and torque (but not the great noise of the VCool

I know it seems like a lot of money up front but you do get peace of mind for a number of years - and a new car. Only takes a couple of big issues to pop up and you are going to end up way behind the eight ball. $20k on a lease isn't a big heap of dollars over the life.

Just my opinion, however I was in the same position as you and thats where I ended up. 2011 TDV6 Luxury - Baltic Blue, Ebony with Contrast Stitch, RSE, Stormers, Towpack.

Post #305457 Fri Jul 08 2011 3:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1