RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Headlining MY2011 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rogue GTR

Headlining MY2011 RRS

Hi guys, ordered a MY 2011 RRSC & asked my dealer if it's possible to spec headliner BLACK, was told it's not an option! However, saw on cable 'The Kadashian' which is a reality show in the US in which 2 sisters are driving a RRSC each (1 black & 1 white) & their headliner seems to be black! Censored

Question 1: have anybody tried spec-ing the roof headliner black?

Thought of refitting the headliner of mine in black Alcantara but hit a snag. Reason being which all the plastic parts like interior lightings fittings & seat belt holder at door frame are cream/white hence I'll need to have them recoded to black, the pain in the arse part comes fm the seat belt 'holder' that's located at the door frame as it's a moving part, spray painter advices that it's not 'prudent' to have that part color coded.

Question 2: have anybody done this before? Changing headliner to black & color coding all the plastic parts including the seat beat holder?

TIA

Reason that I want to have headliner color changed is due to the fact that white/ cream get's dirty damn fast or anybody grabbing hold of the various pillars to get in & out.

Post #303348 Sun Jun 19 2011 5:35pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

can you not just ask people not to touch the headlining in that way? Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #303352 Sun Jun 19 2011 6:13pm
Rogue GTR

rrsboy wrote:
can you not just ask people not to touch the headlining in that way? Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up

I Agree totally with you Mate Very Happy However there's just simply too many factors involved. Mechanics/ valet also
plays a part & i'll hate to be all jumpy everytime anyone gets into truck. One can be vigilant but it's not always
fool proof hence prefer to have peace of mind in having black headliner. Besides, i smoke & if windows are open, over time headliner would get dirty.

Humm, so sad that nobody have had their RRS spec fm factory with black headliner Big Cry

Post #303388 Mon Jun 20 2011 2:37am
Royle

Scotland 

Never had a problem with the headlining getting dirty. That's with kids, dogs and all sorts in the car. I'd just wipe it down with a damp cloth every week if you're that worried Thumbs Up

Post #303437 Mon Jun 20 2011 6:56pm
ronniet101

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

only problem I had with headlining was girlfriends footprints

Post #303459 Mon Jun 20 2011 10:41pm
ilard

United Kingdom 
Re: Headlining MY2011 RRS

Rogue GTR wrote:
However, saw on cable 'The Kadashian' which is a reality show in the US in which 2 sisters are driving a RRSC each (1 black & 1 white) & their headliner seems to be black! Censored

Those fine lady billionaires spent the extra £20k and had full fat rather than RRS. You can spec jet headlining on the FFRR. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #303460 Mon Jun 20 2011 11:14pm
Rogue GTR

Re: Headlining MY2011 RRS

ilard wrote:
Rogue GTR wrote:
However, saw on cable 'The Kadashian' which is a reality show in the US in which 2 sisters are driving a RRSC each (1 black & 1 white) & their headliner seems to be black! Censored

Those fine lady billionaires spent the extra £20k and had full fat rather than RRS. You can spec jet headlining on the FFRR.

Actually it's the latest season now & confirmed it's RRSC Very Happy

Post #303467 Tue Jun 21 2011 5:01am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Try this...

http://www.autoglym.com/engb/product-prodd...mp;Range=3

It works really well. I think that unless you had a sunroof the dark head lining would make the car seem very small and enclosed. It will be interesting to see the new 2012 model with the dark headlining. Not too sure id like it but thats my opinion !

My main problem is make up stains round the sun visors.. but nothing that the autoglym wouldnt clean. Smile

Post #303471 Tue Jun 21 2011 7:48am
Rogue GTR

Siberianfox wrote:
Try this...

http://www.autoglym.com/engb/product-prodd...mp;Range=3

It works really well. I think that unless you had a sunroof the dark head lining would make the car seem very small and enclosed. It will be interesting to see the new 2012 model with the dark headlining. Not too sure id like it but thats my opinion !

My main problem is make up stains round the sun visors.. but nothing that the autoglym wouldnt clean.

Thanks Mate Thumbs Up Good suggestion on a good product! Phew, anyway yes I did spec sunroof & just had a word with agent sales mgr in which I conveyed my 'worries' & he duly addressed it by requesting again with Land Rover UK personally. Shall await with bated breath for his 'good news' for am very bothered with the white/cream headliner.

Post #303473 Tue Jun 21 2011 7:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1