Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Carbon Fibre Items
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

adam1759

United Kingdom 
Carbon Fibre Items

Hi All

Firstly please note that this is market research only - I'm not attempting to sell anything now or advertise my company, I work with a lot of forums and I don't try to advertise without first paying what's due.

I am looking into new markets for my Carbon Fibre product development company and I would like to ask your opinion on pieces for the RRSport - wing vents, internal trim, even bigger items like bonnets etc? I have seen lots of very nice examples driving around but I've never seen one with much in the way of carbon fibre, is this because there isn't the market for it or have I just missed the cars that do have carbon fibre?

Any feedback would be really appreciated

Thanks
Adam

Post #301607 Thu Jun 02 2011 8:56am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Always a market for such things especially as the older the RRS gets. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #301609 Thu Jun 02 2011 9:11am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! the day i see an RRS with a carbon fibre bonnet with a fake air intake on it , i will put my car on the market!! you will know then that the chavs have a grip on the brand!! Wink MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #301610 Thu Jun 02 2011 9:12am
adam1759

United Kingdom 

codfather wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! the day i see an RRS with a carbon fibre bonnet with a fake air intake on it , i will put my car on the market!! you will know then that the chavs have a grip on the brand!! Wink

Laughing OK so that might be a no to bonnets then!

Post #301611 Thu Jun 02 2011 9:15am
DDX

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Im personally not a fan but thats not too say that there isnt a market for it. Whether most owners like it, or want to admit it or not, the RRS has become THE car to modify.

The flaw that I see in the product you would like to develop is that carbon fire is associated with being lightweight and therefore a performance product and I really dont see the RRS as a performance vehicle. Im assuming that people that want the carbon fiber look will just get a wrap?

Either way, good luck! 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #301651 Thu Jun 02 2011 3:09pm
adam1759

United Kingdom 

DDX wrote:
Im personally not a fan but thats not too say that there isnt a market for it. Whether most owners like it, or want to admit it or not, the RRS has become THE car to modify.

The flaw that I see in the product you would like to develop is that carbon fire is associated with being lightweight and therefore a performance product and I really dont see the RRS as a performance vehicle. Im assuming that people that want the carbon fiber look will just get a wrap?

Either way, good luck!

Thank you, I hope I can fill a gap if there is one.

One the weight saving, obviously in extreme applications the CF can reduce weight - I have reproduced every panel on one of my motorbikes and lost about 10-15kg, not a lot but when it was only 195kg to start with... The items I'm talking about for your cars would obviously just be styling, like you guys fit bigger wheels, side bars, exhausts etc, I know there are companies who do the carbon wrapping but, personally speaking, I wouldn't want it on one of my vehicles. I'm pretty sure that my items would come in at not very much more than getting the OE parts wrapped - and the product would be a complete hand made one off.

Post #301674 Thu Jun 02 2011 8:20pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

if your not already in it VW & Audi market is huge

Post #301676 Thu Jun 02 2011 8:27pm
scott7

Scotland 

Carbon looks great on sports cars but I think you'd be limited to where you could use it on a rrs, dash and door trims, hockey sticks in a small carbon weave would maybe look good on a black car.

The cost would be the deciding factor for a lot of people, I had an m3 csl and bought a lot of extra carbon items for it so know how expensive it can be for top quality parts.

Post #301677 Thu Jun 02 2011 9:16pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

[quote=" I had an m3 csl and bought a lot of extra carbon items for it so know how expensive it can be for top quality parts.[/quote]

Now that is more like it, a carbon roof ( painted) is acceptable, my carbon fibre iPhone cover is acceptable, but anything inside the car will look awful, you might get away with carbon fibre side vents but only if painted so only you knew! MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #301684 Thu Jun 02 2011 10:22pm
adam1759

United Kingdom 

scott7 wrote:
dash and door trims, hockey sticks in a small carbon weave would maybe look good on a black car.
The cost would be the deciding factor for a lot of people, I had an m3 csl and bought a lot of extra carbon items for it so know how expensive it can be for top quality parts.

Thats what I was thinking, just replacing the small trim parts, also maybe the vent surrounds? The cost of my CF has always come in under the market average, easily. And I would put my parts against any manufacturer including main dealers. Here is a pic of a piece I bought to market for some guys on a BMW bike forum, It's approx 12" by 12" and pretty complex. It's selling for £78.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #301724 Fri Jun 03 2011 8:39am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

codfather wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! the day i see an RRS with a carbon fibre bonnet with a fake air intake on it , i will put my car on the market!! you will know then that the chavs have a grip on the brand!! Wink

Cod, unfortunately, i think the chavs have arrived already for a few years..... Sad SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #301736 Fri Jun 03 2011 12:25pm
adam1759

United Kingdom 

x5pea wrote:
if your not already in it VW & Audi market is huge

Thanks, I'm taking to a few Audi forums about pieces for their cars - mostly A/S/RS6. I dont want my items to be associated with the more 'Max Power' type scene to be frank, nothing wrong with what they do but it's not for me or my products.

Post #301819 Sat Jun 04 2011 7:21pm
scott7

Scotland 

Talk to the members on www.cslregister.co.uk
You may find some of them will be interested in some parts for their csl's

Post #301846 Sun Jun 05 2011 7:15am
Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi Adam I would be interested in exterior carbon extras especially front bumper spoiler/corners, matching side vents and side mirror half covers( full covers r available but not halfs) etc. I know there is a couple companies already found interior extras but nothing for exterior styling so there is defo an opening in the Market for you and I think you would do very well if the prices are right! Keep us posted m8

Post #301855 Sun Jun 05 2011 9:04am
adam1759

United Kingdom 

scott7 wrote:
Talk to the members on www.cslregister.co.uk
You may find some of them will be interested in some parts for their csl's

Thanks for the steer, I'll head over that way too!

Post #301856 Sun Jun 05 2011 9:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>