RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Viscous fan removal tool and holding tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Viscous fan removal tool and holding tool

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a viscoun fan spanner removal tool and more importantly the holding tool that you put in behind the fan to stop the shaft turning.

I need to get hold of it before June 10 when I head off for the Kimberley

thx in advance for any assistance

JS 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #300666 Wed May 25 2011 6:26am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Jimmy have you tried a friendly service centre to see if they would loan you one, or one of the hire companies ?

What route are you taking to the kimberley and how long for, bloody envious, i need a holiday and no chance for the foreseeable future Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #300680 Wed May 25 2011 11:13am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Hey Zilch,

It seems like most places only have one holding tool and as such aren't keen on lending one out.

Having trouble tracking one down for sale anywhere hence this post.

The spanner for the nut (32mm 36mm combo open ended) is relatively easy to get hold of but there are supposedly none in the country and people are expecting deliveries on back order the week before I go (depart 10 June).

Didn't want to cut it that close and thought someone may have a set they want to rent/lend to a fellow sport owner.

Will PM you a rough itinerary of the trip on google maps and will also send you a login to follow our travels via our GPS tracker which will log our location daily.

I think that this will be the trip of a lifetime, particularly given the huge wet season they have had.

The Gibb river road is still closed an won't open until early June so we are expecting a pretty rough tour.

Planning to do the Cape next year (June/July) with our friends in their Triton. If you want to start planning the time off now you and Lavinia are welcome to come Smile 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #300683 Wed May 25 2011 11:24am
Zilch

Jimmy Salsa wrote:
Planning to do the Cape next year (June/July) with our friends in their Triton. If you want to start planning the time off now you and Lavinia are welcome to come Smile

might take you up on that, might need some additions to the Sport (tyres, Snorkel etc), and of course we have a "rest station" at Airlie on route, so one stopover taken care of Thumbs Up please keep me aware of your plans Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #300690 Wed May 25 2011 12:03pm
ronniet101

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
ebay

try ebay..I got mine off there and the camshaft timing pins as well.....they are cheap enough and work ok

Post #300695 Wed May 25 2011 1:53pm
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Any particular reason you want to remove the fan ? Am wondering whether it's worth doing anyway and fitting electric ones... Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #301018 Fri May 27 2011 8:08pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

MikeS wrote:
Any particular reason you want to remove the fan ? Am wondering whether it's worth doing anyway and fitting electric ones...

I'm heading to the Kimberley for six weeks which includes some of the most remote wilderness in Australia with some of the worst tracks you'll find and pulling a 1.2tonne camper behind the sport.

I've packed a few spares but if I need to change hoses/belts it is possible that I'll need to loosen/remove the fan to work on it.

Have even packed a spare compressor just in case. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #301482 Wed Jun 01 2011 12:02pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Really really wish I had the tool now (Stuck in Broome)

Started to notice an unusual bearing noise when we arrived up at Cape Leveque (North western tip of Australia) and was a bit nervous about heading across the Gibb River Road with a potential problem so headed back to Broome.

By the time we arrived in Broome the bearing has shat itself and the Sport now sounds like a wind up toy.

Sounds like a tensioner for the belt had clapped out.

Have taken it into the local service agent in Broome but they are booked up for a week Censored

Tried to get accoms here but Broome is completely booked out. Only place we could get a night was the Grand Mecure which is lovely but not in the budget for this trip at $500 per night. We can also only get two nights here. May end up at the backpackers by the look of things if it will take a while to a) get the part in and b) get a slot in the workshop to fit it. Campground is booked out and they are already using overflow at the Pistol Club or PCYC but both are unpowered and our on-board battery on the camper is about to die.

Would do the bloody job myself if I had the fan removal tool Big Cry

Any ideas? 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #305027 Tue Jul 05 2011 4:38am
Zilch

JS sorry to hear that sir, it seems you were on the money in terms of what you required,

a bit cheaper in terms of cost http://www.stayz.com.au/18706?checkin=07/0...umGuests=4

http://www.stayz.com.au/59568?checkin=07/0...umGuests=4

try out stayz if not done already Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #305038 Tue Jul 05 2011 9:19am
Zilch

have you tried PM'ing disco4x4au our perth member to see if he can get his hands one on the holding tool, possibly get it flown up to you on loan, bit presumptious of moi i know, but may be worth a ping on a PM at least Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #305039 Tue Jul 05 2011 9:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1