Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Iphone compatable
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Iphone compatable

Hi Guys/Girls,

I have recently purchased my first Supercharger and am over the moon with the beast. Words do not do this piece of engineering justice, until you own one you just dont fully understand what these are really about !! I know, I am now converted...

Anyway, like probably hundreds / thousands of others i want to use my Iphone4 instead of the terrible Nokia dock that sits in the centre armrest. I have heard that these units can be hot swapped with a compatable Iphone plate that replaces the nokia dock, does anyone have any experience of doing this and if so where can I purchase a replacement plate/dock from, my local dealer has less than no clue.

Hope to hear back from you soon..

Jetbags Very Happy

Post #301238 Mon May 30 2011 5:25pm
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Does it not have Bluetooth?

Post #301278 Mon May 30 2011 10:27pm
jetbags

mrfixit wrote:
Does it not have Bluetooth?

Yes bluetooth connected and working fine, however there are so many more features that are available if your connected through the connection under the centre armrest.
Have searched the internet and even Maplins but nowhere can i find an adaptor of cable that will link into this centre console connection.... hence stumped..

Jetbags 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #301282 Mon May 30 2011 10:51pm
DrLex

Iceland 

The cradle system only works with a few old mobile telephones from 2004 (Nokia, SonyEricsson & Motorola IIRC) - to get decent use from an iPhone (contact download etc) you need a recent BlueTooth module (2008 or later) or a dealer who can reflash an older one. To just get the music playing element of it to work with the steering wheel controls, install the ACM (Audio Connectivity Module).

Post #301286 Mon May 30 2011 11:07pm
jetbags

DrLex wrote:
The cradle system only works with a few old mobile telephones from 2004 (Nokia, SonyEricsson & Motorola IIRC) - to get decent use from an iPhone (contact download etc) you need a recent BlueTooth module (2008 or later) or a dealer who can reflash an older one. To just get the music playing element of it to work with the steering wheel controls, install the ACM (Audio Connectivity Module).

Cool, That sounds like good advice, I take it that this is a dealer install ? or are these available after market ? will be giving my mechanics a nightmare later when i take the beast in to have the rear camera fitted, the instruction book is like a copy of war&peace!!

Jetbags 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #301310 Tue May 31 2011 10:16am
DrLex

Iceland 

The ACM you need is VPLFE0002; it doesn't require a dealer to fit- you just need to be comfortable in pulling trim & panels off to run the cables.
If you email Nick at Yeovil Land Rover (sponsor of the sister site disco3.co.uk) & mention that you are a RRSport forum member, he'll sell you one at £245.60 inc. V.A.T. discounted price. partsmanager@landrover-yeovil.co.uk
Your own dealer is likely to feign ignorance or point out that the above part is for a Freelander2 (true).

Alternatively, there are Parrot kits that your local I.C.E. place will install - can't help you on models or prices.

Post #301357 Tue May 31 2011 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1