RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Retro-fit Cherry Wood to door panels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Retro-fit Cherry Wood to door panels?

Is it possible to retro-fit the Cherry Wood to the doors, or are they only a factory build option? Question
I didn't really want the centre 'hockey sticks' but quite like the wood door panels. Very Happy
I am sure some of you bright sparks out there will know the answer.. Smile Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #27238 Tue Apr 25 2006 7:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It's probably easier to order the car with the Cherrywood and then change the "hockeysticks" to the metal-a-like. Somebody on here or on RangeRovers.net has posted about how to do it, 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #27239 Tue Apr 25 2006 7:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

I think I might be too late with changing my order Sad , delivery is due in June.
I may contact dealer and see what the score is.. Smile Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #27240 Tue Apr 25 2006 7:42pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Oddly enough my car is off to the dealership tomorrow to have the cherry door panels and centre 'hockey sticks' to be retro-fitted since they omitted this trim on the original order. Harwoods are doing the job for zero cost Thumbs Up

However I did enquire to Landrover head office as to how much the parts were and its something like £450, they discouraged me from fitting the parts myself. However others on this forum may have had a DIY experience they wish to share.

Out of interest was the wood trim missed off the original order? , there have been a few of us caught out by the vaguery of choosing this trim since there is no tickable box that I recall on the maindealer order form, it rather takes the form of a verbal agreement thats either remembered by the dealer salesman or not.. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #27242 Tue Apr 25 2006 7:50pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

BoldlyGo wrote:

Out of interest was the wood trim missed off the original order? , there have been a few of us caught out by the vaguery of choosing this trim since there is no tickable box that I recall on the maindealer order form, it rather takes the form of a verbal agreement thats either remembered by the dealer salesman or not..

No it wasn't missed off, we decided on the rhodium as it seemed to match the centre console, but having seen some with the wood door panels, they look quite nice. Smile
I suppose I best speak to my dealer and see if it is not too late or if they would retro-fit them.. Thumbs Up Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #27245 Tue Apr 25 2006 9:01pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you have a build date you should be OK to change anything on the spec up to a week before that - the orders are all computerised so in theory it is just a matter of them tapping in the X in the box. Laughing As those of us who visited the factory saw, near every car on the line has a different spec, changing the timbering shouldn't be a problem........................ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #27286 Wed Apr 26 2006 4:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Agree with Tim and our guide told my group that orders can be changed up to 24hrs before production - most dealers don't like doing it because of the trouble! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #27296 Wed Apr 26 2006 7:28am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
If you have a build date you should be OK to change anything on the spec up to a week before that - the orders are all computerised so in theory it is just a matter of them tapping in the X in the box. Laughing As those of us who visited the factory saw, near every car on the line has a different spec, changing the timbering shouldn't be a problem........................

What do you reckon the chances are of getting just the wood on the doors and keep the rhodium instead of the hockey sticks Very Happy Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #27299 Wed Apr 26 2006 7:41am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

BoldlyGo wrote:
Oddly enough my car is off to the dealership tomorrow to have the cherry door panels and centre 'hockey sticks' to be retro-fitted since they omitted this trim on the original order. Harwoods are doing the job for zero cost Thumbs Up

However I did enquire to Landrover head office as to how much the parts were and its something like £450, they discouraged me from fitting the parts myself. However others on this forum may have had a DIY experience they wish to share.

Out of interest was the wood trim missed off the original order? , there have been a few of us caught out by the vaguery of choosing this trim since there is no tickable box that I recall on the maindealer order form, it rather takes the form of a verbal agreement thats either remembered by the dealer salesman or not..

Boldy, we bought our car from Harwoods via findmyrangerover.com.

The sales guy I dealt with didn't really seem to give a s Censored t when I rang him about things.

He also delivered the car without the mats he threw in gratis and took 4 weeks to get them to us (We're in the NW)

Car was also delivered with marks on the paintwork which he didn't seem too bothered about and just said drop it into local dealer for full body polish and bill him £100 or so for it. Claims he checked the car over himself b4 it set off.

All in all, not 100% satisfaction but still love the car Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #27302 Wed Apr 26 2006 7:49am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Are there not airbags fitted in the doors? If so then I'd leave any kind of retro-fit to a dealer. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #27303 Wed Apr 26 2006 7:50am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Sorry Richchad, you canhave either cherrywood or rhodium finish. You can't have a combination of both, that would just be greedy. Laughing

The vehicle quality inspectors would never cope if customers could have exactly what they wanted. Shocked Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #27553 Wed Apr 26 2006 12:52pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

talking about this.. my car came with rhodium trim from factory (metal one right?) but when it went onto demo, the dealer stuck on wooden panels to the side bits of stereo, the bits around the heater vents etc but no side pannelling.. i didn't actually like the look of the wood and preferred the metal trim so they removed them for me before delivery.

I have them lying round in my garage if anyone wants to have a go with them? seem easy enough, just stick em on.. pics available on request..

Post #27557 Wed Apr 26 2006 1:12pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

TB wrote:
Sorry Richchad, you canhave either cherrywood or rhodium finish. You can't have a combination of both, that would just be greedy. Laughing

The vehicle quality inspectors would never cope if customers could have exactly what they wanted. Shocked

TB - we're just the customers! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #27558 Wed Apr 26 2006 1:18pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Kam, if you look in the LR accessories brochure (I'm starting to sound like Tim! Wink ) you can order all sorts of add on bits such as the hockey sticks, vent surrounds etc but I agree with you, I don't really like them.

Each to their own. When we bought ours, there were two Java's we could have chosen from and this was when we wanted Alpaca.

Harwoods had Alpaca/Cherry or Ebony/Rhodium. Mrs ST and I agreed we didn't want the cherry trim so opted for the ebony/rhodium. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #27561 Wed Apr 26 2006 1:21pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

mine was alpaca with rhodium from the factory and they wacked these wood trims on.. i think ebony with rhodium looks better, but i preferred the rhodium to the wood in either case, so luckily they played ball with this and had them removed.. also fitted my tints in with the price.. thinking back, that was actually quite a nice transaction, they helped a lot!

Post #27565 Wed Apr 26 2006 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>