Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > HELP AND ADVICE ON A 2010 CONVERSION
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

mitchnortheast

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
HELP AND ADVICE ON A 2010 CONVERSION

Hi
First time on here so here goes im thinking about doing a facelift conversion to my rrs 08 plate. So have started buying the parts front and rear bumper rear lights etc.

Has any one does this conversion themselfs?

Can an body tell me are recommend me someone to do the conversion in newvastle or the north east?

Everywhere i have seen advertising doing the conversions are a good distance away like cambridge or london and need the motor for 3 days?

My other massive concern can the conversion be removed meaning is there any alterations done to the main harness or chassi of the motor that would couse a problem converting it back to how it left the factory?

As i have a feeling when i wont to trade the rr in about 20 months for a proper 2010 model it might loose massive value as it is now not an orginal motor?

think it would probley be better bolting orginal wings bumpers lights etc back on to the motor and sell the kit on ebay if thats possible.

What do you guys think? all help advice or recommends much apreceated
(excuse my spelling)

THANKS Question

Post #297442 Wed Apr 27 2011 7:13am
mse

United Kingdom 

I have know idea on the actual details for the front... but i understand its a big undertaking, the rear less so.

Could you not wait a few months for the real deal? Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #297450 Wed Apr 27 2011 8:45am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Just my 2c,to me it's like wearing a fake watch,you should just wait and buy the real deal,no idea really but given the numbers of people bailing out of RR's at the moment I would have thought current prices will soften especially if fuel prices continues to rise.
Also I would be worried at re-sale wouldn't have thought a dealer would touch it with a bargepole. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #297458 Wed Apr 27 2011 9:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mitchnortheast

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

HA HA HA looks good like a omega from turkey but will not work for long with no resale value!
Not the repleys i was expecting but Yes your both right never even thought about it like that.
Think i will just list the parts on ebay i have already bought hold on a few months+ and see if i can pick up a nice 2010 hse in figi white

Thanks for the advice

mitch

Post #297520 Wed Apr 27 2011 10:14pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Everyone seems after fuji white (my colour!) Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #297524 Wed Apr 27 2011 11:04pm
hario69

England 
Hst front bumper

Hi

I'd like to do a front bumper switch on a 05 reg jaw. Anyone know if the procedure for taking front bumper off. Also putting the hst one on?

Thanks

Paul

Post #299141 Wed May 11 2011 10:20pm
antrrs

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've done this type of conversion a few times over the years, the last one I did was on a 2004 vogue to 2006 spec, basically just because I prefer the look. and the car was still a rr it didn't become a fake rr because I'd updated the look of the car. Also, on the three cars i've done this with (all were out of warranty to be fair) I've made money on. Just look on ebay/autotrader to see how much more the face lifted cars are going for.

I've just sold a Cayenne and unfortunatley for me there is nothing out there sub 30k to compete with the rrs, so...I've just bought last week a 2008 tdv8 rrs for £27000. this is the third rrs I've had now and am sick of looking at the same shape to be honest so will probably update it to 2010 autobiography spec, I would expect the value to go up and i'll just be happier looking at it everyday.

Just my opinion, but it's based on fact not what I would call snobbery, it makes more sense to me to spend a few grand on your current car which you'll probably get most back on resale than to spend another 20k for the new model which will depreciate rapidly and basically does the same thing.

Don't listen to the "it won't be original" brigade!! that really doesn't apply to these cars.

Hope that helps, and if you send me your email I'll keep you updated on the rpogress with mine.

Anthony. Range rover Sport Tdv8 2008
Porsche 997 GT3 2010
Vivaro van 2004 198k an going strong!

Post #302243 Tue Jun 07 2011 11:01pm
harry_singh

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

hi, im new to this forum, but just had to reply when i read some of the cr*p on here. i too am doing a rrs 2010 conversion to my sport, with a full autobiography kit. i dont understand why i would go out and spend another 30k when i can convert my beautiful sport to the new shape for 4grand!! and it will be worth alot more, and depreciate alot less!!

anyway, rant over, doing the conversion is not as hard as you think chap...the rear end is simple, its the front that is doing my head in. the bumpers and sensors are relatively simple. changing the front wings and grills/vents is straight forward, but its the headlights that have got me in a pickle! ive looked every where for someone to wire them to my car, but know one has a clue. the rear lights need a resistor fitted, so im sure the front will need them to right?? please, if any one knows how to do it, let me know, as the end is in site!

thanks,

Harry work hard.....play even harder

Post #312457 Sat Sep 03 2011 9:24pm
Gerico

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

harry_singh wrote:
hi, im new to this forum, but just had to reply when i read some of the cr*p on here. i too am doing a rrs 2010 conversion to my sport, with a full autobiography kit. i dont understand why i would go out and spend another 30k when i can convert my beautiful sport to the new shape for 4grand!! and it will be worth alot more, and depreciate alot less!!

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. When finished your car might look A/B on the outside but it won't be anything like it on the inside, certainly not for 4k anyway. I think you are a little misguided if you think it will be worth a lot more. You might get back the extra you've paid if you are really lucky and find someone who really wants what you've done. It will appreciate a little with winter coming up but after that it will depreciate just as quickly I'm afraid.

Just my two pennith cr*p that you probably don't want to hear. Good luck. Wink Wink

.....and welcome to the forum Smile

Richard

Post #312464 Sat Sep 03 2011 11:36pm
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Adding a bodykit to a car does not increase it's value. The same as adding a lot of options to a car does not increase it's resale value.

When you go down the route of modifying a car, you drastically minimise its resale potential as it becomes a car for a certain market. You modify a car to your personal taste, to add a bit of individuality to it, this then means that there has to be a buyer out there that is looking for that exact car. You might find 2 people looking for that individual car compared to 20 looking for a good condition standard car.

The same way with a car with every factory option fitted, the car is not more valuable with these options, it is just now more desirable to a buyer.

As with any vehicle or product for that matter, newer models bring progress and with that comes a price.

As for the OP's question - Personally the best advice has already been given, don't do it.

Post #312468 Sun Sep 04 2011 7:00am
Gerico

chris mc wrote:
Adding a bodykit to a car does not increase it's value. The same as adding a lot of options to a car does not increase it's resale value.

When you go down the route of modifying a car, you drastically minimise its resale potential as it becomes a car for a certain market. You modify a car to your personal taste, to add a bit of individuality to it, this then means that there has to be a buyer out there that is looking for that exact car. You might find 2 people looking for that individual car compared to 20 looking for a good condition standard car.

The same way with a car with every factory option fitted, the car is not more valuable with these options, it is just now more desirable to a buyer.

As with any vehicle or product for that matter, newer models bring progress and with that comes a price.

As for the OP's question - Personally the best advice has already been given, don't do it.

+1. Ditto. That's what I meant but it was late Very Happy

Post #312474 Sun Sep 04 2011 9:48am
harry_singh

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Guys, look on autotrader, i deal with high end dealers all the time. they pick up used rrsports for around 18k, slap an overfinch kit on or a 2010 autobiography kit, and retail it at 30k, and people buy it. we are not talking about joe bloggs down the road who decided to find a cheap and nasty body kit of ebay and slap it on himself, we are talking about proper body kits. and quite frankly, i know im right here, because i see this all the time. just look at autotrader if you dont believe me. a rrs hse with average mileage is around 20k, but the moment you look at a converted autobiography, your talking 29k. everyone has there opinion, but you just cant hide the facts.

please, does anyone have any advise on the head light conversion bit, i joined my first ever forum to try and gain help, but all i seem to be getting are meaningless opinions.

Kind regards,

Harry work hard.....play even harder

Post #312475 Sun Sep 04 2011 9:50am
Gerico

......they may be listed on Autotrader at an inflated price and I've seen them, week after week, I know of one that has been listed for several months and still not shifted.

As for your request for assistance as a new poster (I'm still quite new myself) I wouldn't have put in the first line of my first post that people talk cr*p on here. Just an opinion. Wink

Good luck.

Post #312477 Sun Sep 04 2011 9:56am
0cj0

United Kingdom 

Most RRS's that have been converted have been in an accident & I think most people are wise to this so will not be prepared to pay more. However I'm not disagreeing with you Chris but playing devils advocate, the difference in price between the standard S and HSE is about 5-6k (used) so I think extras/modification do increase resale value.

Post #312478 Sun Sep 04 2011 10:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

If you must muck about and make your car non standard, bitsa, I think you would be well advised to notify your insurance company as well. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #312484 Sun Sep 04 2011 1:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>