RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Tailgate (Full) Opens on Ignition!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sjhanson

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Tailgate (Full) Opens on Ignition!

Hi,

First post!

Picked my '06 RRS Supercharged up last week, and since then have had a problem with the rear tailgate - not just the upper window - unlocking almost every time I start the car. To confirm, it doesn't happen every time, but most of the time!

Took it back to the dealer yesterday after I had rung them about it, and they were as confused as I am as to what could be happening. They suggested I will need to take it back next week for them to perform a thorough investigation over the course of a day or so - luckily it is covered under the warranty.

However, while I am resigned to having to do that and therefore be without the car for a while so soon after I have got it, from reading the posts on this board I am sure somebody must have had this before, and know what the solution is. (please!!)

I have purchased a new tailgate switch from ebay and fitted that as it seemed a possible cause, but that has not solved the problem, and I have tried every combination of menu setting I can think of to fix the issue, all to no avail.

I have tried pressing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time, programmed the LR button on the key with both tailgate options and also with lights etc - but still the damn thing happens!

I love the car, but this is really annoying!

Anybody have any ideas?

Regards,
Shaun

Post #295424 Sat Apr 09 2011 12:18pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I had this years ago on a split tail gate BMW 3 series Touring. Turned out to be related to the rear wiper motor as I recall. Fuzzy memory, but another line of inquiry for you - think of the unobvious! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #295838 Tue Apr 12 2011 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1