RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Site News & Feedback > Big brother - why are some posts edited and locked
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Perhaps the seller got a bit embarrassed over the price after all the comments that were posted and decided that we were all correct after all. Thumbs Up

Post #295761 Tue Apr 12 2011 12:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

As I said, thread tidying/locking is extremely rare - unlike a lot of forums. So I hardly think it's fair to start claiming that I'm suppressing comment Confused

What I did in this case was respond to a request by a member who posted an RRS for sale to have the discussion about the asking price split from the main thread - again not something that I am commonly asked to do, and not a common action.

Regarding being rude about other members, suggesting that the seller was out to rip off other members is perhaps a little strong - everyone wants the maximum possible when selling anything, and buyers want the minimum, and I would hope they'd all do their research beforehand.

Please don't think this is the start of a new policy or regime of preventing comment - it's not at all, it's a single, isolated, case, so please treat it as such Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #295763 Tue Apr 12 2011 12:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jmac

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Martin wrote:
As I said, thread tidying/locking is extremely rare - unlike a lot of forums. So I hardly think it's fair to start claiming that I'm suppressing comment Confused

What I did in this case was respond to a request by a member who posted an RRS for sale to have the discussion about the asking price split from the main thread - again not something that I am commonly asked to do, and not a common action.

Regarding being rude about other members, suggesting that the seller was out to rip off other members is perhaps a little strong - everyone wants the maximum possible when selling anything, and buyers want the minimum, and I would hope they'd all do their research beforehand.

Please don't think this is the start of a new policy or regime of preventing comment - it's not at all, it's a single, isolated, case, so please treat it as such Smile

That's good to hear Martin... Thanks for the response...
J

Post #295766 Tue Apr 12 2011 12:36pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

The OP needs to accept this is how forums work - the general concensus on his price is the reality of the matter and feedback (too much, good price etc etc) is what anyone should expect to receive imo

You've helped the guy out by responding to his request, which personally I would have done the same, but at the end of the day it is supresssing comment.

Post #295789 Tue Apr 12 2011 2:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12