RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Ignition security mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Ignition security mode

Sometimes my car won't start. Brake pedal is stiff and when pressing ignition button, I just have controls lighting up, then switching off, with only the Range Rover picture on screen.
I have to wait a minute or so or place key fob under wheel to start normally again.
I've read somewhere in manual it was related to a "safety mode" and had to wait about 40 seconds.
Dealer confirmed but was unable to tell me why ignition does this some days on the first place. Rolling Eyes 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #293727 Sat Mar 26 2011 1:05am
FlyingDoc

Brake pedal stiff? I was sitting in the car a couple of days ago with engine off and had been tapping my foot on the brake pedal (can't remember what was on the radio!). The travel got less and less as the vacuum reservior was used up which is normal. When I tried to restart, I had a similar experience to you - I had to really stand on the brake to engage whatever switch it activates to allow the ignition start.

So...... why are you stiff in the morning ?!

Your brake shouldn't do that unless you have a leak in the vacuum system - similar to brakes in cars over 25 years old. If you can cure the starting fault by pressing really hard on the brake, then it's probably that, and needs resolving.

N

Post #294237 Tue Mar 29 2011 11:04pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No leak. Car is new. It is a feature : when you leave ignition on (without starting the engine), the computer
blocks the cycle and you have to cut ignition and wait approx 40 sec prior to start it again. I've experienced this
the very first day I had the car, and again a few days ago.
It's detailed somewhere in the manual. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #294238 Tue Mar 29 2011 11:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1