RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth issue with 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

James - what year is your car, you should have the landrover tab in your iphone BT menu, i will check mine for you tommorow Thumbs Up

Post #294413 Wed Mar 30 2011 10:20pm
chapman_i.t

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Mine is a 55 plate.

I only have Land Rover in the list when I enter the car and connect it up. I am inside the house now and it isnt there when disconnected, if that makes sense?

Thanks

Post #294419 Wed Mar 30 2011 10:30pm
oldcro

Scotland 

Are you following these instructions from the handbook? Taken from the MY11 manual.
1. Switch the ignition system on and ensure that the touch screen is active and that no other phone is currently docked to the vehicle’s Bluetooth® system.
2. Using the mobile phone, search for Bluetooth® devices. On some phones, this is referred to as a new paired device. See your phone's operating instructions for further information.
3. When the vehicle's Bluetooth® system is discovered (named Land Rover), select this device from the list.
4. When prompted, enter the Bluetooth® PIN (Personal Identification Number). When pairing and docking from your mobile phone, this number is always 2121.
5. Once your phone is paired and docked to the system, it can dock automatically. If it does not automatically dock, you will have to dock manually with the Land Rover Bluetooth system, via the mobile phone. Please consult the mobile phone’s instructions for further information.
Note: Some mobile phones do not automatically dock and will require to be manually docked.
Some mobile phones require you to authorise the connection each time you start the system. To change this, you must set Land Rover as being authorised in the mobile phone’s known device list. Please consult the mobile phone’s instructions for further information.

Post #294421 Wed Mar 30 2011 10:48pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

James

The car and iPhone should pair up automatically once you get into the car.

I have been using an iPhone 3G and also an iPhone 4 with no problems, once I had the Bluetooth module upgraded. Pairing up nicely and the adress book is synchronized (albeit the identification of numbers is difficult as I have multiple numbers per contact).

If you are having to re-pair the phone each time you need the updated module. Just out of interest, you do have the latest iPhone software installed? If so then the problem is with the Bluetooth module in the car.

simon

Post #294423 Wed Mar 30 2011 10:57pm
leedsunited

simon1233 wrote:
James

The car and iPhone should pair up automatically once you get into the car.

I have been using an iPhone 3G and also an iPhone 4 with no problems, once I had the Bluetooth module upgraded. Pairing up nicely and the adress book is synchronized (albeit the identification of numbers is difficult as I have multiple numbers per contact).

If you are having to re-pair the phone each time you need the updated module. Just out of interest, you do have the latest iPhone software installed? If so then the problem is with the Bluetooth module in the car.

simon

That was my next question, it could be the iphone software as i have had Iphone3, 3gs & 4 all working without problem and they always show Land Rover in the phones paired devices list be i be in the car or not.

Do you have factory fit PTI or the Land Rover after market kit?

Post #294441 Thu Mar 31 2011 8:34am
Tboner

England 

if it is not retaining the connection even when disconnected on the iphone then the problem must be on the phone 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #294455 Thu Mar 31 2011 10:12am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ive always found if i have my phone on the 3G network it keeps dropping calls so ive switched it off completely, i don't know if that possible with your phones but mines not an i phone.
Ady

Post #294457 Thu Mar 31 2011 10:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Tboner wrote:
if it is not retaining the connection even when disconnected on the iphone then the problem must be on the phone

Not necessarily, it depends on the bluetooth software in the car module, if it is the older profile the phone recognises it as a once only pairing and doesn't remember the connection. If you have the new software profile in the BT module then the phone recognises this and (should) remember it.

Post #294459 Thu Mar 31 2011 10:35am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I'd heard also that I phne 4's and pre 2009 LR bluetooth handsfree kits are a bit hit and miss.

Get the new upgraded module or put up with re-connecting each time!

Mine goes for a month or 2 between drop outs..but a quick re-pair and it's fine again RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #294460 Thu Mar 31 2011 10:47am
chapman_i.t

My Iphone software is 4.2.1 something, I dont think its the latest because there is a 4.3 out now I believe.

I will update it to the latest software on the iphone to rule that out.

Other than that it definately doesnt auto connect when I enter the car.

Post #294464 Thu Mar 31 2011 12:36pm
leedsunited

chapman_i.t wrote:
My Iphone software is 4.2.1 something, I dont think its the latest because there is a 4.3 out now I believe.

I will update it to the latest software on the iphone to rule that out.

Other than that it definately doesnt auto connect when I enter the car.

Awd man - mine is 58MY and no issues.

Even if it is not auto pairing your iphone you should have it in the iphone BT paired devices list:

settings - general - bluetooth - Land Rover

Mine is out of the car at present and displaying "Land Rover Not Connected".

If i go to car it changes to "Land Rover connected and i will see "phone attatched" momentarily in the radio display.

If you are not retaining Land Rover in your BT paired devices it sounds like an iphone issue, but i could be wrong and there may be an issue with the module in the car.

Post #294517 Thu Mar 31 2011 5:11pm
chapman_i.t

I have since upgraded the iphone software to 4.3.1 and now when I am out of the car it does say Land Rover Not Connected which it didnt before.

However when I enter the car it still doesnt change to Connected, unless I click on it and re-enter the pass code.

Post #294521 Thu Mar 31 2011 5:26pm
leedsunited

I think now it is car BT module that is a fault, either updated software or new module, others are better placed to advise on that one.

Post #294523 Thu Mar 31 2011 5:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12