RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > odd noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
odd noise

I've noticed this noise since I first had the car and I seem to hear it most when going over small bumps in the road at low speed such as speed humps, kerbs etc.

It's sounds like something wobbling about under the car, I would guess it's those damned weight hangers at each corner of the car.

Has anyone else noticed it or can solve the mystery? I'm certain it's nothng bad, just a bit annoying. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #26091 Fri Apr 21 2006 12:53pm
BBlackRRS

Re: odd noise

Yes, you are correct, it is the weights. Probably one of the worst designs in balancing. IF you go over a speed bump at just the right angle, just under 5mph, the weights will will swing back and forth so hard that they will physically hit the rear bumper(inside the rear bumper).
Go try it for yourself, when you car is parked (and turned off) slide under the back, and move one of the weights yourself. I thought the frames had separated the first time it happened to me and yes, I have shown this to my dealer, only to have them scratch their head in awe.

Post #26097 Fri Apr 21 2006 4:27pm
wsy679

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Stornoway Grey
Re: Odd Noise

I have been experiencing a noise from the O/S B pillar that when I go over any bump, drain cover or speed bump there is a dull thud coming from the area of the pillar, but it only seems to happen when the O/S wheels go over the bump, not all 4 wheels.
As you say hope not a serious problem, but it is annoying.
I thought I wait till it got worse before the dreaded trip to the dealer for more excuses RRS HST Supercharged/ Stornoway Grey/Ivory/Piano Black/Sun Roof/Trackstar

RR Evoque 2.0 SI4 Dynamic Coupe
Orkney Grey

Post #26098 Fri Apr 21 2006 4:36pm
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Probably not the same thing but I found the passenger seat belt buckle is always tapping about the plactic on the pillar. Need to find a way to stop that.! Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #26266 Sun Apr 23 2006 8:44am
wsy679

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Stornoway Grey
Re:Odd Noise

Wish it was that simple. It happens even when the boss (her that should be obeyed) is in the passenger seat. At first I thought it it was the seat belt assembly inside the pillar beside me, but it is a rather solid clunk when it happens, but it does not sound if its from the back end.Will persevere and see how it goes. RRS HST Supercharged/ Stornoway Grey/Ivory/Piano Black/Sun Roof/Trackstar

RR Evoque 2.0 SI4 Dynamic Coupe
Orkney Grey

Post #26267 Sun Apr 23 2006 8:57am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Robbi wrote:
Probably not the same thing but I found the passenger seat belt buckle is always tapping about the plactic on the pillar. Need to find a way to stop that.!

Robbi, it's not the most elegant way to cure your tapping but I drive round with both the side belts buckled up........... that stops it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #26277 Sun Apr 23 2006 1:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Robbi wrote:
Probably not the same thing but I found the passenger seat belt buckle is always tapping about the plactic on the pillar. Need to find a way to stop that.!

Robbi, it's not the most elegant way to cure your tapping but I drive round with both the side belts buckled up........... that stops it!

I fixed the plastic rattle fairly easiy. I Bought a sheet of think adhesive felt and cut thin strips to stick between the plastic frame and sliding belt adjuster. If you cut the pieces right you can even see them. Works like a charm.

Post #26328 Sun Apr 23 2006 9:02pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

And everyone welcome to the forum....Tony Hart Laughing Wink Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #26423 Mon Apr 24 2006 11:30am
Brocklebank

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Sad

Mine went into the dealer yesterday for the same knocking noise at low speeds ove small bumps.
At the end of the day I was informed they have had to order parts, they tell me its a problem with the hydraulic anti roll system as fitted to S/C, hence it only shows at slow speeds, because it stiffens up as you go faster.
It is also suffering from a small leak in the system. (I hadnt noticed since no marks on the driveway) I was just getting fed up of the noise on poor roads.
Hope this is of help to anyone else with similar symptoms.

Ill let you know the final outcome when I get my car back. (hopefully today)

Post #26890 Tue Apr 25 2006 8:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1