RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > The End
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
The End

I think I either got the first friday afternoon car off the line, or I have a clowns car that's disguised as a RRS!!

Apart from all my other woes, troubles and strife (see previous posts) I have now had multiple engine cut outs and the rubber seal around the outside of my windscreen has fallen out!!! This combined with all of the other problems that my two local dealers cannot fix is the last straw for me and I'm seeking compensation from Land Rover or for them to purchase back my vehicle. After driving Landrover for years, this is by far the worst car I've ever owned.

The problem with the AUX socket continues to trouble the boffins at LR technical too apparently. Can anyone do me a favour and stick a 3.5mm jack plugged lead into the AUX socket, switch the stereo to AUX and turn the volume up to see what happens. I get a noise that sounds like a train (clackaty clack, if you know what I mean). Crying or Very sad

Post #26072 Thu Apr 20 2006 9:56pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I have been using my iPod in the car for the last week or so via AUX socket and it has been working fine.

Only problem is that you have to turn iPod vol up to max, and turn stereo vol up to about 20 to hear it but other than that it's fine. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #26161 Sat Apr 22 2006 10:54am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Re: The End

Geordiehillbilly wrote:
I think I either got the first friday afternoon car off the line, or I have a clowns car that's disguised as a RRS!!

Geordie, after touring the factory yesterday (Friday) we learn't one really important fact - they don't work Friday afternoons and never have. So all those Friday Afternoon cars we keep hearing about must have been made by the pixies and the elfs who sneak in when all the real workers have nicked off home.

Seriously though, its obvious that you have got a bad one, and I am sure we all wish you well in getting LR to take it back off you. Why not offer to be the first to take a V8 diesel instead, then they may offer you a great trade in price, with no one losing any face.

Bear in mind that when they work - they work very well ! RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #26257 Sat Apr 22 2006 9:00pm
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Clearly you have been sold a 'lemon' as they say.

I have gone back to Land Rover and requested a replacement vehicle since my paint issues mean that too much of the car would need respraying.

Here is an extract of my letter quoting the Sale of Goods Act. I would take the same line over your problems.

"In section 14, subsection (2A) of the [1979 c. 54.] Sale of Goods Act 1979 goods must conform to contract which means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. The area I have issue with is satisfactory quality. Under the Act goods are of a satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description. In section 14, subsection (2B), aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

I therefore feel that the Range Rover Sport that was delivered to me was not free from minor defects and its paint work did not and does not reach a reasonable standard considering the price and branding of this vehicle.
"

Though they have come back to me and said that there is only a contract between Land Rover and my dealer and that my dealer needs to agree to replacing the car then needs to negotiate directly with Land Rover.

So the saga is far from over....waiting for the dealer response.

Good luck with your claim. Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #26265 Sun Apr 23 2006 8:38am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

The dealer has to fill out forms and email them to LR.
A panel meets every week at LR and they discuss the cases.

Basicly the dealer lists the faults and gives LR a trade in price for the car, it is then up to the panel whether or not LR make up the cost to the new one or somewhere in between.

If yours is paintwork only then it is quite possible they may want someone from the factory to inspect the car to make sure that it was not the dealer who messed it up.

Yes you do need the dealer on your side, but as you are well armed with your legal side of it it may help in the long term.

The dealer can do alright out of the saga as your old car would in the end come up for sale with them at a much higher price than they agreed with LR. They don't make anything out of your replacement and there is a 'mark' against them for having to replace a car I beleive.

My Sept 05 D3 with 5K miles, is now back up for sale at the dealers £3k higher than they agreed with LR and funnily enough the same price as I paid for it new!

Post #26268 Sun Apr 23 2006 9:04am
PaulB

England 

There is a recent new law specifically to cover cars. Within the first 6 months of ownership, you are entitled to reject the car it it has faults.
This isn't something that needs to be negotiated between you and the dealer, it is a point of law. Coincidentally, this was confirmed by the "legal expert" on Radio 2 last week on the Jeremy Vine Show.
I suggest you visit the Citizen's Advice Beureau for more details.
Obviously, LR and the dealer will try to do whatever they can to avoid giving a refund, but you will just need to keep pushing.
Good luck, but remember, the law is on your side.

Just found this http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/cars.htm

Paul

Post #26331 Sun Apr 23 2006 9:19pm
Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep you all informed.

Smarticus, I think they opened the factory on a friday as a bit of overtime to deal with demand, either that or it was a Thursday afternoon car!

Post #26350 Mon Apr 24 2006 8:52am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It could have been a Friday lunchtime car! The only place I have seen empty quicker is a supermarket when the firealarm has sounded! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #26352 Mon Apr 24 2006 8:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

or someone broke wind in the canteen! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #26359 Mon Apr 24 2006 9:16am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I sense a new phrase being created, exclusively for LR owners:

"It must be a 11:59 car" i.e. produced just before the WHOLE workforce break for lunch! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #26360 Mon Apr 24 2006 9:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1