RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Took Stratstone to Court and won........Result!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tandem

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Took Stratstone to Court and won........Result!

I have put off posting about this just in case it affected my claim, but the short version of events is as follows;

I had a TDV8 HST from Stratstone, Newport, South Wales which the dealer damaged whilst changing the heated front screen and despite trying to repair it 3 times made matters worse. We agreed for me to get it repaired at my own choice of repairer and they foot the bill. The dispute came from the difference between an estimate and quote of £200 and despite me getting an independent engineer to look at and ultimately agree with me they still disputed the cost.

I eventually had no alternative but to take them to Court and the result was full judgement and costs and the cheque turned up last week, the principle is what matters, big organisations need to know they have to give good customer service otherwise they will end up in Court. How this ended up in Court is beyond me, what type of dealer allows such poor service.

As for me and the brand, never, never again. The dealer spoilt it but Land Rover UK didn't wish to get involved even though they knew it would end up in Court but the important thing I learnt was never buy a car unless the dealer is a member of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) as they have a quality system that would have enabled me to get the car repaired at no expense at a garage of my choosing. The SMMT would have done the leg work. Pendragon, parent company of Stratstone are not members of the SMMT.

I do not think it is acceptable to pay in excess of £60k for a car to suffer from design flaws that never get resolved, such as the suspension/seats/etc/etc.

Post #289748 Mon Feb 21 2011 10:47am
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

LR is not responsible for the individual decision of a dealer.
Stratstone is to blame for their poor judgment and if I were you, I'd be gone to Court too. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #289754 Mon Feb 21 2011 11:56am
Storn

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Glad you got a result, and I'm sure it cost them more in their time spent dealing with it too.

Post #289837 Tue Feb 22 2011 12:11am
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Shout from the rooftops. I hope all forum members will not even consider buying a car from these cowboys. I tried to buy a new Merc for the wife last year from them at one of their branches in Scotland. The showroom experience was so bad - I walked in with cards and cheque book at the ready to buy a new C class. The sales guy looked me up and down ( a lot of Managing Directors like to dress down on a weekend as we don't have time to shop for a new car for the wife on a weekday - sound familiar?). Upshot was the 'salesman' told me he was too busy to deal with me and I should make an appointment. Having had poor service with 2 other Merc cars at the same place in the past, I went across the road to the BMW dealer. What a difference. I was treated properly. I had a coffee and excellent service and did a deal on a new 3. Easy. Stratstones? Never again If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #289919 Tue Feb 22 2011 8:46pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Thumbs Up
Given their track record, I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd had to get the bailiff/sheriff in to enforce judgment & costs. What an absolute shower!

Post #289986 Wed Feb 23 2011 12:48pm
hogberto

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

i've had a good experience with them recently, buying an RRS.

just for balance. Thumbs Up

Post #289988 Wed Feb 23 2011 1:18pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I think they have to be the worst franchise i have ever come across.

Glad you took them to court and won.

Now LR, get your finger out and improve the customer service. Cars that cost this much should be far better than they are.

Post #289990 Wed Feb 23 2011 1:54pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I've had a poor experience with Stratstones Woodford on a Sunday in Sept 2010. When I eventually found my way into the mainly locked showroom, I saw a salesman and was practically begging to buy a 2010 TDV8 (Or a brand new 2011 TDV6 RRS as a backup plan). I left details. They never called, they never emailed. No skin off my nose, I bought elsewhere.

Also, I had my [dearly departed] XKR serviced with them the July prior to that and got poor, mainstream service, not premium brand service. £1,200 inc tyres. Service agent did not know about the brand - just a jack-of-all-brands. They were ambiguous about price including VAT. They could not fix a fault with the satnav/info system, and failed to stamp the service book. Just left me with the feeling they were looking to shaft me. They now call me once a week asking me when I want it MOT'd.

Pile it high sell it cheap.

I would not be satisfied buying from them unless I knew they were making a loss! Laughing L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #290057 Wed Feb 23 2011 11:06pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Agree with others, tell everyone about your experience, then and only then will these types of dealers be defunct........as for the sales staff, it is not entirely the dealers fault, its down to the individuals self esteem etc.........if they don't enjoy treating us like gods and realising we are their bread and butter, get out and let a professional have the job.

ATEOTD, they need us more than we need them, I have multiple choices within a 50 mile radius, if they are all rubbish, simple.........buy over the internet.I have done it before and I would do it again.

As a rule, they get 30 seconds to acknowledge upon visiting a showroom (receptionist etc) and if no reason is given for a delay, 2 minutes to have me sitting down discussing requirements with a piping hot coffee in front of me...........pretending to be on the phone because they can't be a$$ed or talking to a colleague is an immediate walk away. At all times I expect professionalism and a massive charm offensive, offer of a test drive and a "best" figure for a deal that does not take the pi$$ in any way shape or form. To test this I ponder the deal and then say I will think about it, if they fly back with another £1k offer, I walk as {to me} this is insulting, pure and simple.

I am not allowed to play games in my business, so I do not expect it elsewhere, BAFO is the name of the game, not sales games......with dealers I have dealt with, they know the score now, with ones I haven't, learn quick or lose the deal. Mr. Green

Moral of the story: You have choice and yes, i'm a complete and utter B Censored d salesman's nightmare and tight to boot Whistle Whistle Wink......but when spending big bucks I require excellence, period! Cool

PS: James, you are excluded from some of my opinionated comments Wink Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #290058 Wed Feb 23 2011 11:21pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Quote:
"and tight to boot Whistle Whistle Wink......but when spending big bucks I require excellence, period! Cool"

Are you a Yorkshireman Laughing

Post #290063 Wed Feb 23 2011 11:50pm
Lookers Park Royal

will_wonka wrote:
PS: James, you are excluded from some of my opinionated comments Wink Thumbs Up

Just some of your comments!! Whistle Laughing

James Thumbs Up

Post #290089 Thu Feb 24 2011 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1