RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Parking sensor volume
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Parking sensor volume

In my last car when you selected reverse or put the parking sensors on, the volume of the radio/ipod would reduce so that you can hear the beeping noise. Was out today and almost hit a tree because I couldn't hear the parking sensors over the stereo (fortunately I was watching where I was going lol). Is this the way they work or should the stereo volume reduce like it does with the Navigation. On the subject of the Nav system, I have the volume of this right down but it is still very loud - any suggestions?

Ta. 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #288896 Sat Feb 12 2011 1:44pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The way they work on a sport yes. It's crazy tho coz the volume dips on the freelander Question

Post #288898 Sat Feb 12 2011 1:56pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

My dealer (Jaguar and Land Rover) told me since 8 years it was best to keep it in D with footbrake.
Actually, the box suffers less that way.
Usually, he's VERY knowledgeable.

"Why ask the transmission to shift into gear thousands of extra times ?" 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #288918 Sat Feb 12 2011 5:20pm
BIG DJ

Question Wrong thread I think quantz Laughing

Post #288920 Sat Feb 12 2011 5:26pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You noticed.
This was a trap.
Congrats, you did not fall for it. Thumbs Up 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #288921 Sat Feb 12 2011 5:29pm
BIG DJ

Thumbs Up

Post #288923 Sat Feb 12 2011 5:38pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

What i don't understand with the pdc is that i park up facing a wall at work and when i come to leave and put it in reverse the front pdc is bleeping like hell even though i'm reversing Shocked so now i ignore it and just hope nothing is behind that i can't see Rolling Eyes So whats the point of that Question i must admit it keeps you alert.
Ady

Post #288951 Sat Feb 12 2011 11:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Is it not a different tone depending on whether it's the front or rear sensors? It was on my jaguar (which had a much better set up for the sensors) I haven't had the RRS long enough yet. 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #288952 Sat Feb 12 2011 11:16pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It may well be slightly different but you wouldn't know if it was the front or rear, if your in reverse and you hear a beep then you look twice i guess.
Ady

Post #288954 Sun Feb 13 2011 12:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BIG DJ

It's a complete different bleeper. The front comes from the front of the car and the rear sensors come from the back of the car.

Post #288960 Sun Feb 13 2011 7:47am
Endjin

Scotland 

Yep, The tone/pitch of the front sensors is completely different to the rear's & I find no problem distinguishing between them. I do however totally agree that the fact that a £50k + car does not reduce the radio volume when the sensors are activated is completely outrageous. We also have a Freelander 2 and if it can do it then I see no reason that this should not have been incorporated into the RRS. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #288985 Sun Feb 13 2011 3:20pm
SimonH

United Kingdom 

....and the LR design accountants chuckle under their breath......

..."by the time they notice they will have already bought the car, so will put up with it like they always do.... look at our order books, who needs to be competitive when the suckers are lapping it up like this"

Well LR, try excellent design and superb reliability as an ethos instead of relying on brand loyalty and hiding behind an often second rate (under informed and poorly supported ) set of dealers told to keep quiet about recurring problems of poor design and dreadful reliability on our £40K + cars.

PS Thankfully mines been fine since new but this seems to be the exception, as when listening to stories coming out the back of the dealers doors, it seems that the new 3.0 engine is having more than a few ( of the same type ) of problems and the electrics are, as usual, enough to stymie even the most experienced, patient and well equipped technicians Rolling Eyes

After a D3, a TDV8 RRS and now a 3.0 RRS I generally still love them, but my rose tinted glasses have become very clear over the years. This must happen to us all and LR must address this or go the way of most other British motor manufacturers.

I have hit 46 now and most communication comes in the form of rants, is it just a stage I'm going through?

Post #288999 Sun Feb 13 2011 5:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1