RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > What happenned to Service at Lookers Park Royal????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

kluklut

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue
What happenned to Service at Lookers Park Royal????

Okay, Ive been reading about how LPR has been raved about on here. day in, day out. So I took my HSE there for a service, a basic simple Service. The lady (Sarah) says, not to worry sir, we'll pickup and have it done in 1 day.

I made it clear to her that if LPR cant complete in a day, please let me know so I'll bring the car some other day. I need to travel on Thursday morning. She says no, its fine sir. They pick the car first thing tuesday morning and by wednesday close of business, the car had not even been booked it in. Long story short after a million calls on Tuesday and Wednesday, I finally get a return call, after "dropping my number" 12 thousand times. What is going on??? Oh sorry sir we're backlogged. But I specifically said, tell me if you dont have capacity!! can you send the car back, I need to be in Scotland on Thursday. I'll be ready on wednesday they said. Needless to say, I got the car back late Thursday evening after literally calling every hour. So Sarah, why this complete disregard and lack of communication and delays? We'll sir, we're having a busy week!! Really???! So I had to cancel and reschedule my Scotland trip to the angst of my in-laws.

I was told on return of the car that LPR had removed the car brake booster (BB), but didnt have a replacement BB. Really??? So I asked Sarah, what does a BB do? Guess what she says... I dont really know sir!!! When will I get mine fitted back??? Well, we'll call you when we have stock!!! Are you kidding??? So I had to travel to Scotland without a Brake Booster???!!

On my return, I call back and am told, LPR will pick the car on 26th Jan. 26th Jan... I called LPR... nothing Question 27th... 28th... 31st... So I call again in Feb, Im driving a car without a BB guys... so they pickup the car on Monday. I say Btw, please cut me a spare set of keys. Please return the car on Friday. I get a call on Thursday saying sorry sir, no keys cos we cant find the log book. So why didnt you tell me that you couldnt find the logBook when you got the car on MONDAY !!???

LOONG Story short, I get the car on Friday and almost had a accident as I drive off! The brakes were sooo lax, the travel was impossible! I call, they're closed. I'm grounded all weekend, I have to park the car. Send a email today and Chantel from Service says, Sir you need to bring the car over to us! I say I work 9-6, I'll drop it at 7 today, yes? She goes.. we close at 5:30. Full stop. To which I say is that all you're going to say? You close at 5:30?

Im thinking... How about some help here? How about Sorry for the nightmare so far, we'll redo/recheck the brakes?? We'll pick the car, we'll send someone, anything, All I wanted was a simple service!!!

I this asking too much or overreacting ??????

Post #288437 Tue Feb 08 2011 6:14pm
AlexMckie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Perfectly reasonable to me....

Really sorry for your troubles. I'm sure James has read this and is investigating as we speak....

Alex

Post #288440 Tue Feb 08 2011 7:06pm
dazsear

England 

Sounds like really, really poor service to me..... are you sure you didn't take it to Stratstones by mistake.

On the plus side its nice to see that no one is perfect and that firms we big up week after week can still make mistakes!!!!!

Daz

I thought about adding a few emoticons to this message but thought better of it............. 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #288444 Tue Feb 08 2011 7:38pm
Lookers Park Royal

This doesn't sound like the LPR way at all, and obviously I apologise that it would seem that we've dropped the ball. I am away at the moment and not back until Thursday, therefore I will ask our Service Manager David Kingsnorth to contact you do discuss the way forward and to understand a little more about what happened.

I am sure that David will be able to establish who you are by a process of elimination (as we do not record forum nicknames) however if you do recieve this post before 8am on Wednesday then please could you email your details to davidkingsnorth@lookers.co.uk? If David happens to be off site (unfortunately I do not have access to his diary) then one of the team will be in touch.

Obviously I hope that the situation can be resolved quickly.

James Embarassed

Post #288456 Tue Feb 08 2011 9:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tboner

England 

I think it is not down to a dealer name or dealership but the person you have contact with at a dealership, dealt with Statstones 3 times in last 3 years never a problem with service bar once which was down to Land Rover not sorting a fix, have also dealt with another well-known Range Rover supplier in the Midlands had other issues. Have tried to deal with LPR but James was away and waited 2 days for the sales guy to call me back on a £74k deal in the end called him back he said "he was very busy" ! So went elsewhere with the fear of aftercare being even worse than sales which is the usual for most dealers.

I have had more problems with Porsche dealers aftercare and as for Audi OMG to be honest than Land Rover dealers in general. So again it’s not just down to the amount of money you spend it is down to the person you deal with. 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #288538 Wed Feb 09 2011 1:48pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

Tboner wrote:
I think it is not down to a dealer name or dealership but the person you have contact with at a dealership

Couldn't agree with you more......I bought both my RRS's and have everything done at the same dealer, stratstones, some are not very helpful and clueless and others are brilliant so I go to the same guy if I can to discuss anything.

Post #288541 Wed Feb 09 2011 2:14pm
kluklut

TBoner, you couldnt be more correct. I'd asked for James during the initial service, but was told he was unavailable. I should have waited till he became available!

David actually woke me up this morning, apologised and sent someone to pickup the car. So I agree LPR may have a some good people, but honestly...

Its just a sad thing, Chantel's email read like she was paying me to fix the car! She didnt even reply to my 2nd email. I'm not asking to be pampered, just fix the car or at least have someone look at it, or at the very least, get a technical person to speak to me and explain what a brake booster is or why my brakes are suddenly lax after you purportedly fix one in! Its not enough for a service person to say "I dont know what it does" or "we close at 5:30 mate, tough." Literally expecting you to go and think thru how to sort it out yourself.

Phew... this has been a tiring experience. Sad

Post #288542 Wed Feb 09 2011 2:25pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

kluklut wrote:
TBoner, you couldnt be more correct. I'd asked for James during the initial service, but was told he was unavailable. I should have waited till he became available!

David actually woke me up this morning, apologised and sent someone to pickup the car. So I agree LPR may have a some good people, but honestly...

Its just a sad thing, Chantel's email read like she was paying me to fix the car! She didnt even reply to my 2nd email. I'm not asking to be pampered, just fix the car or at least have someone look at it, or at the very least, get a technical person to speak to me and explain what a brake booster is or why my brakes are suddenly lax after you purportedly fix one in! Its not enough for a service person to say "I dont know what it does" or "we close at 5:30 mate, tough." Literally expecting you to go and think thru how to sort it out yourself.

Phew... this has been a tiring experience. Sad

I just got my car back from LPR yesterday after sorting the knocking again! when will LR get that sorted?? Anyway as usual a good service (allowing me to drop mine off very early morning), I meet Chantel as she had been looking after me, very nice girl, but also very, very new and maybe not completely into the LPR way just yet, Wayne is looking after her and she will get there im sure. Maybe James can feed all this back into a bit more training for her?? GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #288594 Thu Feb 10 2011 8:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

On my last trip I was dealt with by Wayne who was excellent.

Post #288595 Thu Feb 10 2011 8:42am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Wayne is a top bloke.....

Wokka.....couldn't agree more - it's the one single thing that worries me re buying a new RRS. It's almost like the salesman know he is selling you a car that will have an issue, and won't give an assurance that the car will not develop a fault....it's an awful way to do business.

I hate to think how many buyers who are not car enthusiasts like us are drving cars with such issues and think it's normal....

Oh well....

Last edited by NickM on Thu Feb 10 2011 1:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #288597 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:01am
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Dealt with Wayne and Sarah, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Never had a problem, and come on tell me if i am wrong but what dealership has 100% customer satisfaction= big fat zero. We just have to count the positives against the negatives, this is what makes our minds up. TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #288599 Thu Feb 10 2011 9:33am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

For me its not if a mistake is made, but how it is dealt with afterwards.

Many dealers cannot be bothered once it goes wrong and in their eyes you become a trouble maker

Post #288617 Thu Feb 10 2011 12:32pm
kluklut

Glad to say its all been fixed now. David called and called over again to apologise and explain things. It turns out the brake booster was actually the defective part causing the slow/lax brakes.

Well, alls well that ends well. Thank goodness we have RRSport.co.uk, and thank goodness LPR is a sponsor who'll step up and do something when required. I wonder where I'd have gone to air my grieviances if it was not a reputable and known forum-sponsor!

Post #288655 Thu Feb 10 2011 7:27pm
m6totdv8

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

After reading many many posts about LPR ....don't other dealerships realise that as owners we are more likely to travel

a few hours to get a good service rather than use a crap local ?

Unfortunately I bought from Stratstones and am now tied in to them with the warranty and service packages , I hope my relationship with them is better than most posts on here !

Nick Current : Overfinch TDV8
Gone : BMW M6 V10
Gone : BMW 535d
Gone : BMW X5 4.6
Gone : BMW M3
Gone : Merc E280

Post #288656 Thu Feb 10 2011 7:34pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Why are you tied to them with the warranty? Isn't it a LR warranty?

Post #288660 Thu Feb 10 2011 8:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>