RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Decided not to buy a RRS - Thanks for all you help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Firebird

Australia 
Decided not to buy a RRS - Thanks for all you help

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I have decided no to buy a RRS. Not because it not my dream car but because of the kilometres I do a year and depreciation. The problem is that I do 30-35000kms a year and if I were to spend 120K I would need to keep the car for a minimum 5 years. Unfortunately the resale value of a Luxury car with 160,000Kms is not good.

One of the main reasons I looked at the RRS was that I need something that can tow my boat (2500Kgs) to and from the boat ramp and in to town for servicing, in total that would add up to no more that 150kms per year.

So what we have decided is to buy a cheap (<10K) 4 x 4 to tow the boat and an everyday car.

So what are we looking at, we have a dog so need a hatch back or wagon.

Range Rover Evoque. Have not seen one yet but the pictures look incredible.
Second option is either a Audi A5 Sportback or a Volvo XC60.

Once again, thanks for all you advise and it is great to go on to a forum where the majority of the post as positive vs everyone bitching about how bad the car is.

Cheers

Post #286922 Tue Jan 25 2011 9:40pm
BKHK

Australia 

How about my 2009 less than 25000km 1 year warranty remaining?

Last edited by BKHK on Wed Jan 26 2011 12:34am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #286938 Tue Jan 25 2011 11:12pm
Firebird

Australia 

Hi, thanks but no. Want to buy new plus I am not overly fond of the old shape.

Cheers

Post #286943 Wed Jan 26 2011 12:04am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

i just sold "an old shape" Shocked that was nearly 5 years old, had done 130K's and i was even chuffed with the trade in, just could not be bothered or wanted the hassle of selling it myself ...

BK you after a new model monsieur Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #286955 Wed Jan 26 2011 2:03am
BKHK

Australia 

Maybe Zilch not sure yet

Post #286977 Wed Jan 26 2011 12:04pm
Zilch

BK you know you do really Whistle give the 3 litre a test drive if not done already, there is a power of difference in the responsiveness Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #286979 Wed Jan 26 2011 12:38pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Happy Aus Day guys....if any of you are indulging in the celebrations....

Post #286982 Wed Jan 26 2011 1:01pm
Zilch

NickM wrote:
Happy Aus Day guys....if any of you are indulging in the celebrations....

she who must be obeyed had me indulging in "fixing up the garden" Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #287062 Thu Jan 27 2011 1:38am
BKHK

Australia 

Picnic on the boat anchored in the turquoise water in Port Phillip Bay with family and friends.

Post #287063 Thu Jan 27 2011 2:15am
lord Fenham

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Firebird - Melbourne

Hi Firebird,

The decision has to be yours based on all the facts and info' you have there in Melbourne.

However, the old rr has many many benefits; and maybe resale values there are different to here in UK?

I was shuttling about yesterday morning for 2 hours; to the Dog vets and then a half day off to play Golf; as I was suppose to be captain but got there Ok in the end only 15 mins late. Thus was criss-crossing Newcastle in UK - and I can't think of a better vehicle to carry the load and get on with journey. Car swallows 4 sets of full Golf clubs in 1 go and cruises at 80mph, and more if need be.

There is always a cost of all this. But cost is not always the only consideration. Particularly if heavy cargo and a boat in tow is the case and payload and passengers.

However say hello to Biffa, Suggs Georgie's parents (Australia v England at Golf/Flinders) Mornington penn and Kim's Mum and Shane Warne out there. It is a lovely City and been there at least twice. Them Hills have some stories, steeped in History. And Harold of course - what a story that might be.

Rgds from Blighty,

Lord Fenham

Post #287065 Thu Jan 27 2011 5:07am
Firebird

Australia 
Re: Firebird - Melbourne

lord Fenham wrote:
Hi Firebird,

The decision has to be yours based on all the facts and info' you have there in Melbourne.

However, the old rr has many many benefits; and maybe resale values there are different to here in UK?

I was shuttling about yesterday morning for 2 hours; to the Dog vets and then a half day off to play Golf; as I was suppose to be captain but got there Ok in the end only 15 mins late. Thus was criss-crossing Newcastle in UK - and I can't think of a better vehicle to carry the load and get on with journey. Car swallows 4 sets of full Golf clubs in 1 go and cruises at 80mph, and more if need be.

There is always a cost of all this. But cost is not always the only consideration. Particularly if heavy cargo and a boat in tow is the case and payload and passengers.

However say hello to Biffa, Suggs Georgie's parents (Australia v England at Golf/Flinders) Mornington penn and Kim's Mum and Shane Warne out there. It is a lovely City and been there at least twice. Them Hills have some stories, steeped in History. And Harold of course - what a story that might be.

Rgds from Blighty,

Lord Fenham

Hey Blighty,

Going to by a 1999-2000 RR to use to two the boat. can pick one up for less than 10K. I would expect that in a bad year it would do less than 300kms. Boat ramp is 2kms from the holiday house. If we are down there for more than a weekend I put the boat in the water and it stays there till the day we leave. This is why we decided to look at other options.

Then I will use the Evoque as my everyday car. My previous car was a RX330 and it was much easier to drive around the city.

As far as size, there is me , the wife and the dog. At worst we may need to get 2 sets of clubs in the boot.

At the end of the day we want something that rides nice, looks good and is economical to run and has power when we need it.

Cheers

Post #287079 Thu Jan 27 2011 11:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1