RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > KAM - First RS4 spotted...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It's a 4 wheel drive isn't Kam?............................... Make sure they show you it's offroad ablity! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #24368 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Ha ha good one VA RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #24372 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:52pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think the furthest it will get offroad is to be parked up on the kerb! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #24392 Wed Apr 12 2006 1:12pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
I think the furthest it will get offroad is to be parked up on the kerb!

Or underneath a RRS, in lieu of spare wheel Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #24395 Wed Apr 12 2006 1:16pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Right-he-o

Went for my test drive with my brother in law this arvo, we both have one ordered, so combined we are walking talking £106k worth of customer to Audi, so as you can imagine our salesman is surprisingly looking after us very well..

Avus silver RS4 parked up on front waiting for us, and everything ready. Salesman didn't take any paperwork, and gave us three ground rules, nothing too crazy, no drifting (tail happy stunts), no killing Rory (the sales man).. hmm..

He started off the test drive, and i took the rear middle seat... Rear is quite cramped, but who cares i hardly have rear passengers, and if i do, its just my mates so they will live, beats getting a cab for em!

First impressions, looks awesome, rims are mint and the subtle features really do stick out in the flesh.. looks very different from the front from any other Sline, and the features definitely give away that its an RS4 and not a lookalike.. Salesman fired up the engine.. and WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! think i creamed myself there and then.. it sound like a bloody hot rod.. he moved away and went on to demonstrate the warming up procedure, i.e. driving round normally for a while until the oil temp light goes off on the dashboard... then the salesman let all hell loose.. S button was engaged, and what can i say... *UCK ME!! its fast, its loud and it will eat mostly everything for breakfast... i had a lot of trouble trying to keep myself upright when the car was cornering, and some of the video footage taken on my phone and camera really shows off the engine noise and gearchange.. My brother in law took to the wheel once car was warmed up.. he took it easy mostly and did some hard accelerating down the dual carriageways.. and the car is just breathtaking.. really outstrips anything i've ever had the privilege to drive before.

Yes it is an A4 bodyshell, but this car really is a good all round package, suspension is surprisingly very very well damped and takes most potholes and life driving problems in its stride without rupturing you're spine, and still handles like its on rails.. Clutch is the same as one would expect on the entry level models, i.e. comfortable and easy to use, and brakes are like slamming into a brick wall.. car just stops almost too quicly.. you would be through the windscreen without a seatbelt almost definitely.

Right, last but not least.. my go.. car is nicely warmed up, tyres are warm and has been ragged already and i've got familiar with the route so far, as we did three laps of the same road network.. its 2:30pm, roads relatively quiet, not many coppers about, so its time to let rip.. dual carriageway drive, was as previously seen, very linear and very predictable.. i.e. a bloody fast blur and things seem to come up on you very quickly..
Clutch is very nice and the gear change is lovely.. short, snappy, fast..
Armrest doesn't even intrude, but i do tend to change gear with my fingers and my hand rather then my whole arm jerking back and fwd so doesn't bother me. You can definitely feel the rear end bias on the car, i took an island at about 50.. and kept on circulating it, until the car went to give way slightly, and to be honest our bodies ran out of will to go round the island quicker then the car, but definitely felt the rear end twitching slightly..

On the quieter country lanes, one long straight, no sidelanes, no other cars in sight.. 110 mph in third.. and up to 130mph in 4th and still pulling like a train.. and all within a couple of breaths from coming off an island.. bloody hell.. i had to pull back. Now i know how someone managed 170mph on the motorway.. its entirely believable. (5th has no limiter!)

8000rpm sounds a lot, but you hit the limiter quite quick in first but in the rest of the gears the acceleration seems to go on forever.. you just run out of road or get obstructed by something before you can get into serious numbers. 12mpg as indicated by the OBC, and 185 miles to refill with 3/4 tank of fuel left. But this is being ragged to hell, and probably has been by every person thats had a go so far.

Very jekyl and hide personality, feels like a normal 3.0 Quattro, i.e. quite punchy, but rev that engine, and it burbles like a hot road, and really attracts a lot of attention.. hit the S button, and the exhaust note really changes and the car is now alive. I have a feeling i will like touching this button a lot. This car is a real racer..

Everything on board, Sat Nav, Bose, 6CD, Adaptive Xenons, Auto Boot, Phone, Leather buckets - electric bolsters etc.. so yes the car is £50k, but you are getting one of the most highly tweaked engines on the market and a good all round package. Residuals despite being talked down, are better then an M5, some companies backed by RBS are quoting balloons of £30k after 5 years on the RS4 as compared to £22k on an M5!! PM for details, i have concrete quotation in place subject to status and other usual checks.

I am blown away and the car has really met my expectations.. it has been hyped up a lot, and i now know why. The two things i was worried about.. a) the seats - being too small or uncomfy, are actually very comfortable, good shoulder support and fully adjustable, not good that its not fully electric, but sod that, they are racing seats.. Bolsters are electric, and i loved the grabbing sensation when i hit the S button, really was required, as the car pulls some serious G's, as said before, like its on rails..
Has all the toys, goes like stink but can be driven round docile like a normal saloon... dealer described it as a family man's porsche.. and the boot gives that its credentials to be fair.. MASSIVVVEEE.. (for an A4 anyway).

Pics attached sorry some are a bit shaky.. you will understand why..
Jaymann, all i can say is, bruntingthorpe (however its spelt)..SL55 AMG..bring it on..Aug/Sept time.. will make necessary arrangements..

Will most probably have sold my RRS by next weekend, buyer is looking almost definite, price has been agreed, just trying to sort out pickup dte and terms. Can't wait for the RS4 to arrive.. will have to show you guys what its made of when i kick Jays ass on the track this late summer..

Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Post #24633 Thu Apr 13 2006 1:16am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ooooohhhh don't get me started - esp when my RRS been stuck at the dealers all week Big Cry Looks great KAM , tell me is the rear d-badged by your dealer or do they all look like that?

I want one of those "S" buttons on my fighterbomber ... please .. please Bow down 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #24634 Thu Apr 13 2006 1:29am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Nah mate.. this particular model has been debadged by the dealer,
Normally RS4's come with front, rear badges as standard..

Post #24636 Thu Apr 13 2006 1:41am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Looks like a Skoda still! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #24654 Thu Apr 13 2006 9:08am
JayMann

On the way to the shop this morning a Skoda puled out in front of us the worst thing about it was that the badge was missing of the back Thud RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #24655 Thu Apr 13 2006 9:15am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Saw one in Grey in Cambridge yesterday - must be common as muck now Razz Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #24663 Thu Apr 13 2006 9:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Anybody notice any similarities??
http://www.newoctaviavrs.co.uk/
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #24664 Thu Apr 13 2006 9:57am
JayMann

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Is that not what Kams getting then Question RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #24665 Thu Apr 13 2006 9:59am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Laughing The anticipated onslaught! Laughing

Some sensible comments Kam.

I love RS4's. I agree they look different enough without looking like a MaxPower reject.

I've read a lot about the car in various car mags and everyone has commented that undoubtedly the biggest single feature of the car is that engine (A good start!). The rest is supported by a chassis which gets Audi nearer to the M3 (Widely regarded as the daddy of these type of cars) but with the advantages (And also inherent disadvantages) of 4wd.

Above all else, if you've driven it and are happy you've made the righgt decision then that is the best seal of approval you can get.

Still a bl**dy Skoda Rolling with laughter Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #24668 Thu Apr 13 2006 10:11am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

See Kam it's not just me! It's not to late! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #24675 Thu Apr 13 2006 10:26am
JayMann

Step away from the Skoda Exclamation RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #24676 Thu Apr 13 2006 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>