RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advice Needed.. Which one to order!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Fair comments Tim. Sorry, I meant the MG version.

Masers in the 80's were attrocious cars but very quick when it was dry, straight road, hadn't broken down or blown up, and 17 secs after you put your foot down and the turbos spooled up.

I actually like the last of the Bi-Turbos (Ghibli Cup i think they're called). Apart from the cost of keeping one running, that is! Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #23952 Tue Apr 11 2006 2:30pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I also rather liked the only Citroen that Maseratti ever built or was it the other way round.......... the SM, for many years I dreamed of owning one of those big old DS sized coupe/ hatchback shaped barges. They are incredicbly rare now and still a wonderful piece of kit.................... but a maintenance nightmare!

http://www.citroensm.net/ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #24020 Tue Apr 11 2006 3:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Considering the drama I had fitting a grille and a couple of vents, anything requiring maintenance would be a no-no for me Embarassed Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #24021 Tue Apr 11 2006 3:19pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
New M5

I took the new E60 M5 for a spin in the first week it was launched in the UK, still not quite sure how I managed to get my hands on the keys but I did.

See here for a lovely write up.

Some pics also on that thread as below....slobbber....

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat....Post316045

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #24051 Tue Apr 11 2006 3:56pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice RRUK... and a great number plate too, that's got to be worth a pretty penny in itself Shocked Cool Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #24058 Tue Apr 11 2006 4:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Sorry to upset all you BM diehards................... but what exactly is so special about it apart from a screaming V10 engine who's performance you cannot appreciate on UK roads. Looks just like any other 5 series to me. What is the whacking great hole in the middle of the dash in the pics on the link? It's very "plain", even the interior is nothing special. Would sooner have an RRSport Supercharged which is less likely to be the object of unwanted attention. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #24061 Tue Apr 11 2006 4:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Tim - I'm with you, looks like a Skoda. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #24076 Tue Apr 11 2006 5:26pm
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

I have been totally disheartened by the Sport (again) the demo HSE TDV6 they gave me was the same one i tested in Aug it had 6 miles on the clock at the time and at 21 miles the airbag light came on. I took it back early and walked away.

The car STILL has the airbag light on, its now done 5000miles. If our dealer can not fix thier demonstrator what hope do i have! The problem with the IOM is we have only one dealer for LR/Volvo/Over so i would have no choice but to use them. We currently also have no Porker or Audi dealer..

The sport is a great car, much better handling that the RR and part of me does want to buy one, but i think in 2 years time there will be so many around i may have missed the ideal time to own one.

I think im going to put a £500 deposit down on the new M3 and try to develop some patience.

Thanks to everyone for thier advice and help.

Post #24371 Wed Apr 12 2006 11:51am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

HO - there'll be even more BMW's. (Maybe not M3's) Get the RRS you will not regret it - ifyou do JaymanNN will give you your money back! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #24377 Wed Apr 12 2006 11:55am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sorry to upset all you BM diehards................... but what exactly is so special about it apart from a screaming V10 engine who's performance you cannot appreciate on UK roads. Looks just like any other 5 series to me. What is the whacking great hole in the middle of the dash in the pics on the link? It's very "plain", even the interior is nothing special. Would sooner have an RRSport Supercharged which is less likely to be the object of unwanted attention.

Mr InScotland!!! Wash your mouth out now! Wink Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"Whacking great hole" is the iDrive screen - SatNav, Car controls, Comms etc. It is a plain interior but then the new BMW cabin design very much focuses on decluttering (like in House Doctor!). I like it myself but understand it's not to some people's taste. In fact, I did prefer the previous cabin design - much more driver-focused. In fairness, nobody is meant to go faster than 70mph on the UKs roads, but it doesn't stop people "enjoying" their cars.

I know sports saloons etc aren't really your cup of tea, Tim - but believe me, this is a CAR. Thumbs Up 

Post #24384 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:01pm
Tim in Scotland

It is sad that an LR dealer with a monopoly on the marque can be so sure of business that he doesn't need to impress potential customers. These are the dealers that LR need to have a severe talking to. There are still plenty of them around. To be running a demo car with an apparrent safety defect is unforgivable, especially when all that is needed is to plug it into the Testbook diagnostic system and to upgrade the software to the latest version to cure it.
HO I would be very tempted to write to LR Director of Sales and tell them exactly why you haven't bought a Sport on the island. I did it to the Glasgow City Centre LR dealer when they totally ignored me even though I had an appointment for a test drive (and drove to the dealership and parked infront of the window ina top of the range V8 Disco1). That dealership couldn't do enough for me after that ............... but they didn't get my business, I went to the dealer I now use and have been using since 1995, and have bought 5 other Land Rover cars from too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #24386 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:03pm
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

Tim, i was prepared for the odd issue with the RRS, but the dealer appears to be complacent. Even the £60k RR vogue i took for the night had a tracking problem, that had only done 780miles.. the steering wheel was totally off centre.

I understand that these are minor niggles and if i ordered one mine would be looked after and cherished by me. But it leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. They even said "no chance of testing a supercharger, if you want one you will have to just order one young man" Now im 30, balding and not young so i thought the condesending attitude stank.

Customer service is what buying a car is all about, especially for me anyway, ive not spent this kinda cash on a car before and i need to be 100%. i will consider writing to RR about the poor standard of demonstrators available but i dont think anything will sway me now.

Post #24431 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:44pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

HO write to LR - their customer relations might help you out. I really would buy a RRS they are great cars. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #24435 Wed Apr 12 2006 12:47pm
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

Does anyone have an email addy for the customer service at LR, conveniently there is not one on the website!

Post #24454 Wed Apr 12 2006 1:14pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Yes, lradvice@landrover.com, I think. 

Post #24470 Wed Apr 12 2006 1:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>