RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Two Weeks Old and my first problem!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
Two Weeks Old and my first problem!!

Having had my baby for two whole weeks (and 10 hours) now I have just got my first problem.

Low Coolant Level warning came up on my way home tonight. Checked it to find the lovely translucent orange coloured liquid almost completely gone!

Filled her up from the tap and will visit the dealer on the way past tomorrow.

The cap was on tight so it cannot have leaked out of the cap when hot (no residue in the engine bay either).

Anyone know why / how this could happen? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Last edited by Peter on Fri May 12 2006 3:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #31739 Thu May 11 2006 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ummmmm have you tried looking in the oil filler cap to see if there is any frothy foam in there............................. or noticed any fluid under that car that cannot be put down to aircon condensate. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #31741 Thu May 11 2006 9:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I would be gob smacked if it's a head gasket failure!

I would hope a leak. Have you checked all the hoses/hose clips? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #31772 Fri May 12 2006 8:53am
Peter

I'm sure its not a head gasket failure as this would affect preformance noticably and everything seems fine in that regard.

I haven't noticed any fluids on the ground.

I went to the Dealer today, 4 people waiting ahead of me and a Service Advisor running around like a headless chicken! Asking why they were so short of staff I heard that one was on his lunch and the other was "elsewhere"!!

He said he was "too busy to see me today" so I asked if I should just leave the car and get my money back! He said I should keep it topped up and book it in for pressure testing!

Oh dear! Not the greatest of starts with the dealer!! (Stratstone Woburn Green). It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #32000 Fri May 12 2006 3:28pm
AdrianT

United Kingdom 
First Problem!

Shocked Whoa there! Coolant loss in any aluminium engine is a SERIOUS concern. The anti-freeze concentrate is VERY important on these modern 'soft' engines. Ask any Jag driver!!!!!

Suggest you leave it parked across the dealer's MD parking space until it is dealt with. Or even blocking the forecourt. Tends to get things sorted!

Honest, you are lining yourself up for serious engine damage! It may only be a clip, but............ No trail too steep, no mud too deep!
----But ouch that last river cost an ecu or two!

Post #32050 Fri May 12 2006 4:25pm
Tim in Scotland

I would also write to the MD/Sales director telling him that when your car is loosing coolant you don't expect to be told by the service dept that they are too busy to deal with you...................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #32089 Fri May 12 2006 6:33pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

You need to hound the Dealer Principal. Make his life a misery, the way his staff have treated you is totally unacceptable.

If you get no joy from him, start sending letters to Land Rover. Make sure they know how you have been treated. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #32094 Fri May 12 2006 6:52pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

my coolant level warning light used to come on every time i hit the gas hard..
think the same with Mpox as well if memory serves me right..
(nothing to do with why we have both sold ours on i must add!)

Mine went in, no leaks and no top ups required, i had a faulty sensor in the coolant thing, so basically they supposedly replaced it..
but would you believe, it 2 days later it came on again..
didn't bother reporting it again, just kept my eye on everything to make sure nothing was going boom or leaking etc..

Post #32095 Fri May 12 2006 6:54pm
TB

So you sold a dodgy motor then Kam?

I'm sure the broker is really impressed with you. Shocked Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #32215 Sat May 13 2006 7:40pm
Peter

Hey TB, steady on there bud!

Land Rover did it to me! Why shouldn't Kam do it too!! Laughing It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #32250 Sun May 14 2006 2:42pm
TB

Slight difference there Peter.

Land Rover didn't knowingly sell you a vehicle with a fault.

And Kam will know that my comment is tongue in cheek. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #32251 Sun May 14 2006 3:51pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah mate.. the coolant warning sensor thing used to come on sometimes.. but who cares.. the broker doesn't.. i was told the car was used for a bit by them then sold on.. not as if its a dodgy import hey jaymann?
heheh.. nah its still got warranty, its all part of the LR ownership experience in't it..

Post #32256 Sun May 14 2006 6:44pm
TB

I think the latest statistics for warranty claims show that every RRS owner will suffer with 2.3 faults with their vehicle. During the first few months of ownership.

As you say Kam, all part of the Land Rover ownership experience. Very Happy Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #32268 Sun May 14 2006 8:46pm
Tim in Scotland

So does that means I have only 0.3 faults left to go after a year of ownership TB? Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #32271 Sun May 14 2006 9:13pm
TB

You can't count the FBH Tim.

You never had one, to have a problem with in the first place Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #32272 Sun May 14 2006 9:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>