RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > non start and flashing hazards
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DMike

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
non start and flashing hazards

have a slight issue with a friends sport. Long story short, wouldnt start one morning.
Hazards flash, transmission fault, suspension fault etc. And car wont start, wont even crank.
Plugged a fault code reader into it but wont to to engine management, transmission, transfer case, suspension, dynamics module etc. Would talk to the body module however.

Checked the battery voltage and obvious relays and fuses, and earths but kind of lost now
Any help appreciated

Post #283581 Mon Dec 20 2010 4:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
raymondnicol

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lugano Teal

i am getting the exact same problems with mines i just spent £7000 getting my car fixed the tensioner slipped melted part of my engine had to fix full top end plugs valves timing chain etc. i have had the car back for 2 months now it has broken down 4 or 5 times am getting hdc failure, transmission failure traction reduced, engine system fault, park brake fault auto release not functional all the lights on my screen come on red and orange no start hazards on doors lock i took it to land rover they stuck it on the diagnostic machine no faults reading but sometimes it starts and runs fine land rover are puzzled (cowboys a think there mothers slept with a mechanic) . i you find out any information let me know and i will let you know any from my side cheers .

Post #284010 Fri Dec 24 2010 7:54pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Know you have checked battery but does sound like a batery problem. Have you tried fitting your battery to his car to see if it does make a difference

Post #284014 Fri Dec 24 2010 8:07pm
raymondnicol

lespes wrote:
Know you have checked battery but does sound like a batery problem. Have you tried fitting your battery to his car to see if it does make a difference
its starting now and then but when it starts all the lights are still on flashing hazards etc. connected a focus diesel with jump leads to the rangey it started fine then the lights came back on after 5 seconds with all the faults could the focus battery be too weak? i am reading through all the posts there having battery problems am thinking a new battery is in order

Post #284015 Fri Dec 24 2010 8:18pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 

Does the car think it is in "crash mode" maybe. I have heard this before and needs a dealer or Faultmate to reset.

Post #284053 Sat Dec 25 2010 12:24pm
raymondnicol

ELD70 wrote:
Does the car think it is in "crash mode" maybe. I have heard this before and needs a dealer or Faultmate to reset.
So when it starts and runs fine its not reading crash mode and they cant read it when its on the diagnostic? It seems to break down get to them and work fine i drive away next day its broke again i was thinking it was the weather , who knows Smile) cheers for the advice.

Post #284054 Sat Dec 25 2010 1:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1