Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > stafford Landy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pussy

stafford Landy

Stafford Landy, Cannot fault them,

They bought hot drinks out to us as we mooched about, Thumbs Up
They gave me an excellent part ex price for my D2 (they had an immediate buyer for it)

I bought a D3 from them, cairns blue with cream leather, Very Happy
they did the shopping list I gave them prior to purchase, it was an excellent job, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It developed an electrical fault a short while after purchase and without undue delay arranged to have the D back, because of cut backs I was given Satan's own wheels, a nasty little Mazda, Big Cry

The D dropped suspension, ABS, Speedo, All special functions and dropped to its bump stops and the dash lit up like a Xmas tree. Crying or Very sad

It happened doing 70 on the m42 without warning, le BRICK Shocked Shocked

Landy assist came out within the hour and kept ringing to see if i was ok, just another chance to clean the insides (AGAIN) Big Cry

It was deduced that it had a break in the wiring and Stafford Landy by passed the wiring, letting in a loop wire to that part of the loom. All was great!, even better when the evil Mazda went back. Evil or Very Mad
NO Charge, even though it was not covered under warranty Thumbs Up

They replaced my number plates immediately even though they were new as they had de laminated.

A short while later it happened again and landy assist again came out, 13 times in one day when again I was due to go on the motorway, was not good. The D had to go to Marshalls in Melton.

I had to have a car from Enterprise, Rolling Eyes I was not covered for a Landy product as a run about with my cover and was told I had to have a people carrier, no description for the drive and comfort other than "pain killers" Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

I had to go to Doncaster and creaked out of the car only to find the rear doors did not lock, so when I got back home rang Enterprise and they came out with A LAND ROVER PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!! They told me they already had it and delivered it at 10pm that night, reimbursing the fuel from the heap of a people carrier.

Marshalls slagged the work off that stafford had done and had the D for a week, I could not afford the time to go back to stafford, They had the D for a week and told me every day that they had fixed the problem and every day I took it back, sometimes not even getting of the fourcourt. I did get a free tin of sweeties though Rolling with laughter

They had to rewire the complete side of the car and asked me to give them a glowing report on the (how well did we do) feed back sheet with an issued ref number to correspond to my number plate. Rolling Eyes

I had the letter and looked at the reg, it was not mine, so, I rang Landy and asked them, they told me that the reg was not even registered to a Landy Laughing and said to contact Marshalls, Rolling with laughter

It took three weeks to get another letter, not wanting to be deprived of throwing it away, Laughing

The D has been back to Marshalls for a binding disc to which they could not find fault but, the thick break dust on the drivers wheel never gave it away, the problem has cleared itself.

It goes back in the new year as the FBH has packed up Rolling Eyes it has a sticking wing mirror and fault PO17, (brake vacuum assistance).

I was told by Marshalls that they liked my cds and especially loved PRODIGY and PAPPA ROACH Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #283402 Sat Dec 18 2010 9:04pm
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

In my experience, Stafford Landrover is a dreadful dealership. They are my local dealer so naturally I wanted to buy my new RRS from them. However, after six attempts to get to speak to a sales person (they would never return calls) I got such a negative response that I took my business to Shukers in Shrewsbury (an excellent dealership based on my experience).

Subsequent experiences with Stafford Landrover have done nothing to change my mind (see my thread on TDV8 cold starting problems). IMHO they are disorganised, inefficient and have no conception of customer service Sad

I have been told they are on notice from Landrover to lose the franchise. Not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised. 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #283412 Sun Dec 19 2010 12:21am
pussy

I had very much the same response from Land Rover in Leicester, very rude in approach. Rolling Eyes

Post #283458 Sun Dec 19 2010 2:49pm
JimR

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I recently visited Stafford LR in my quest to find an RRS. They had several cars that fitted the bill. The sales staff were extremely polite and helpfull and did follow up my visit with phone calls and e-mails. All in all good service, but sadly I did not by a vehicle off them becasue they were too expensive (cost to change and finance rates were comprehensively beaten by another dealer). ---------------------------
MY13 HSE Black Edition
----------------------------
Santorini Black with Black Interior
---------------------------------------
It's Very Black

Last edited by JimR on Mon Jan 13 2014 4:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #409296 Mon Jan 13 2014 11:35am
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've used Stafford a few times and have always been very pleased with the service MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #409319 Mon Jan 13 2014 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1