Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

William

Qatar 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only

Hi All,

The following message recently started popping on my small screen: "SUSPENSION FAULT - NORMAL HEIGHT ONLY". I only see it on some days, not every day!!

The car drives normally except that the electronic Suspension will not raise or drop the car any more.

Has anyone else experience a similar problem?
Is it a fault that will be fixed by the dealer free-of-charge since I am still under the 5-years warranty?

I am afraid the dealer might try to blame me for the error since I have 22" on instead of the factory 19".
Is that possible?

Picture of the error message: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=8

Regards,

William RRS 2007 HSE V8 * Buckingham Blue * Ebony Leather * Cooler Box * Sunroof * Navigation * PTI Bluetooth * Side Steps * Mud Flaps * Body Side Mouldings * V-Kool V70 Heat Insulation Glass Film * Clear Side Repeaters * Color-coded Side Vents + Grille + Door Handles + Door Mirrors * S/C Rear Decals + Door & Steering Emblems * S/C Exhaust Catbacks * Tasmod Sills * Nokia Cradle + Phone * 22" Stormers * 1st Edition Badge Very Happy

New Pics: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=11210

Post #282701 Sat Dec 11 2010 12:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garrycol

Australia 

Failing air compressor??? 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #282707 Sat Dec 11 2010 1:52am
guillebaid

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I had the same problem... But when i turn off and turn on the RR and press to raise it works...

Post #283839 Thu Dec 23 2010 2:09am
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I've been getting the same in the recent freezing conditions and only when it's frozen.. Probably not an issue for any of you guys! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #283844 Thu Dec 23 2010 8:35am
ScuderiaRR

United States 

Had the same issue on my 2010. Dealer started with a dryer valve replacement on the compressor, but subsequently replaced the compressor. I have not had the fault in the 3 mos since. I have had a half dozen other electrical faults, though. Getting frustrating, since each one takes at least 3 trips to the dealer to resolve. Scuderia RR
MY2010 Nara Bronze RRS 5.0 N/A HSE Luxe ELP

Post #283864 Thu Dec 23 2010 1:22pm
sjdavies

2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I've now started getting this problem too. As per the other two guys, if I turn off the engine and restart the light goes out and at that time I can raise or lower the suspension without problem (so the compressor must be working -yes??).

After I drive a few miles the light comes on again.

What do you guys think it can be and how would you suggest I check to diagnose the problem (my nearest RR agent is many miles away so can't just pop in).

Is the compressor, valve etc a possible DIY replacement ?? and where exactly is the compressor located please.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year to all members.

Post #284733 Tue Jan 04 2011 5:57pm
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Could be an intermittent error in a height sensor - on some of the earlier models there was a tendency for the wiring loom to the sensor to corrode (via capillary action along the wire in the front passenger wheel well). I'd start by having that checked (you need to remove the inner wheel well lining).

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #284796 Wed Jan 05 2011 1:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ScuderiaRR

United States 

Could be the sensor wiring issue. Mine seemed to have te problem
More frequently around carwash time.

Nevertheless, the new compressor fixed the problem. There is a TSB about this problem if I recall. Scuderia RR
MY2010 Nara Bronze RRS 5.0 N/A HSE Luxe ELP

Post #284871 Wed Jan 05 2011 4:55pm
TOTSFUMI

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and this is my first official post. I had this similar problem about four months ago. The fault is an internal leak in the EAS system. After much search, I found a kit to replace/rebuild a valve in the compressor sold in the UK. it is due to a weak spring that will eventually loose tension. After removing the compressor which is located on the left side of the vehicle ( by the rear wheel) I found out the bolt that needed to be removed to replace the spring and valve was fused together with oxidation from aluminum to aluminum, making it very difficult to remove without breaking the head. After breaking the head of the screw/bolt. I opted instead to replace the whole unit. I still have the old compressor which I have decided to eventually repair when I get the chance to keep as a backup. Thanks to forums like this I was able to puzzle in the information to fix it. I haven't had any issues again since replacing the compressor assembly unit ( Part # LR015303) for my 2006 RRS SC.

Oh and as for the kit--- Google Part number jpo500010 The technical bulletin to replace it is in PDF. or follow this link:

http://rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpi...rogram.pdf

Good to be here.. without forums like this.. many of us would be out of luck..

Post #284913 Wed Jan 05 2011 9:10pm
guillebaid

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I took my car to the dealership and unfortunately they said they will have to replace the compressor.

I'm still looking for other way to solve That problem

Post #294433 Thu Mar 31 2011 7:42am
kevinlagan

Northern Ireland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I just had to have my compressor replaced! Same thing with warning light. £360 plus fitting I'm afraid!

Post #294518 Thu Mar 31 2011 5:12pm
TOTSFUMI

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

Hey G,

I looked everywhere for details on it and the bulletin repair link pretty much states it all. It should fix the problem. I never got to completely check it out if it would work because the aluminum bolt was fused by corrosion with the aluminum body of the compressor. I live in the US and the kit is not available here. I had to order it from the UK. Its definitely a cheaper way to go. Also, the compressor has a dryer to keep moisture from buildingn inside the system. The new compressor has it installed already. My advice is, if you got the time to spare. Buy the kit. If you can remove the bolt and replace the spring and close it back up ( shouldn't take long) if it's successful, buy the dryer and when you get it, bring the compressor down and replace it as well. If the bolt breaks, just go with the whole compressor. Be patient with the bolt it's hollow and thin.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask
I'm still an newby here and won't let me pm unless I've posted five times
This is # 2 lol

Post #294528 Thu Mar 31 2011 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1